Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/08

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Di Maria is an EU citizen with his Italian passport so that made things easy.

I think LVG was saying Di maria is down to Earth when he talked about him being sociable and it not always being the case.

He should be one of our best signings, RVP and Rooney must be excited given his assist record.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Madrid play a very attacking expansive style of football. I think he'll do well but he won't get as many assists as he did for Real, much the same way I don't think Ozil did.

He says at the end of the article "At this point, I'm staying at Juventus"

Hardly conclusive (yet)

Yeah that is very true.

At this point, I am reading this thread and posting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭xtal191

xtal191 wrote: »

Sell him and bring in Powell to replace him for Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Seriously buzzing that we finally have a #7 that gets us out of our seats !! Its been too long now for a club our size !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

jameshayes wrote: »
    Listening to reporters asking questions at press conferences makes you realise how poor they are at their jobs - its easy to see how tripe rumors are made up...

Some are good, some are terrible. Difference between UK press and say German, is staggering.

They will argue they ask the questions the fans wasn't answered, but in reality they want soundbites for scandal,gossip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭0028673

Apologies if this question has already been answered but what is Di Maria getting paid a week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

RobertKK wrote: »
    He should be one of our best signings, RVP and Rooney must be excited given his assist record.

When I saw Rooney's tweet welcoming Di Maria to the club I imagined him like this:

Christian-Bale-look.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

8m for TC23? It must be Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

0028673 wrote: »
    Apologies if this question has already been answered but what is Di Maria getting paid a week?

not been announced officially but meant to be around 180k a week

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

AD7
    BwIaGw9IQAAGfDo.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

MagicIRL wrote: »
    8m for TC23? It must be Christmas!

9m from Villa and Hull according to that last quote. To be honest, it'd nearly be best for the lad if he moves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Samoa Joe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

The next 3 days are going to be painful - I'd say nothing will happen (in or out) before Monday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Zaha gone back to palace, presumably on loan. Confirmed it on his twitter.

What a flop Zaha has been.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Zaha was on 35k a week, are United paying it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

magnumbud wrote: »
    not been announced officially but meant to be around 180k a week

When are wages ever officially announced?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

LvG said players will be going out and new ones coming in before the deadline closes, sounds mighty promising

Zaha gone on loan
    Kagawa rumoured to be going back to Dortmund on loan
    Bids for Hernandez, Wellbeck and Cleverly allegedly

If these 5 go this should bring in £35M+ and save £340k a week in wages – should give Ed a lot of wriggle room to bring in 2 quality players

….now if we could only offload Ashley and his £118k a week…..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

LVG prick teasing us with the transfer talk.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

nuxxx wrote: »
    LvG said players will be going out and new ones coming in before the deadline closes, sounds mighty promising

Sounds very promising. Quotes from Rob Dawson (MEN)

And he also hinted that he is expecting to make more additions before the window shuts.
    Van Gaal said: "I cannot say anything about that because it raises the price. "The club shall come when the time is there to announce it.
    "We cannot react on every rumour. Also players shall go in the meantime.
    "I had a conversation after lunch with the players and I said, maybe after this weekend we shall have another group because players shall go away and others shall come in."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

For me, it is because his entire game has gone to crap. Every single part of it. If he was still an animal in the box (oooer) I'd be more hesitant about saying his allround game being a blip rather than his top potential - but his entire game is crap at the moment so I would say he is bereft of confidence and suffering at the moment.

Obviously I don't buy it but at least there's room for a bit of doubt in your view. I'll settle for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

It makes sense to send some players on loan because if we get back in CL we'll need a big squad next season

Well I take from that LVG expects more signings to arrive. Or atleast there was targets he wants.

bullvine wrote: »
    It makes sense to send some players on loan because if we get back in CL we'll need a big squad next season

Agreed – but there’s one or two you wouldn’t want back:D

adox wrote: »
    LVG prick teasing us with the transfer talk.

Do we take as positive? Surely safe comment would have been "You never know" "No nothing new" "I'm happy with squad" etc. Wenger style

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Sky Sports claim we have accepted Villa's bid for Cleverley.

• Advertisement

Blatter wrote: »

Wish him all the best and I hope he does well for them. He was at United since he was a wee nippier, shame it didn't work out for him but he'll be better off going somewhere closer to his level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Kagawa

Could it be possible, could we be about to finally get shot of cleverly, there is a god!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Soldie

RobertKK wrote: »
    Sell him and bring in Powell to replace him for Saturday.

Did you see the MK Dons game? Powell was one of the worst players on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

is it acceptable to post the moyes celebration gif one more time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

tumblr_n4iuliOlHb1tziei6o1_500.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Sums it up that the best offer is coming from Aston Villa. No offence to them, but the fact we can't get a better team for him to go to sums hm up. Happy he's going; he's gotten to the stage he's toxic when he plays.

Soldie wrote: »

Powell was pulled all over the pitch. Had drive and tried to make things happen. Better then sideways safety.

Wish him all the best and I hope he does well for them. He was at United since he was a wee nippier, shame it didn't work out for him but he'll be better off going somewhere closer to his level.

I wouldn't say he's definitely gone yet. There was talk last night that he was considering running down his contract to leave on a free next Summer. He could reject the move yet.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Sums it up that the best offer is coming from Aston Villa. No offence to them, but the fact we can't get a better team for him to go to sums hm up. Happy he's going; he's gotten to the stage he's toxic when he plays.

I won't succumb to celebrating his departure,took a lot of ****,never acted out of line, just didn't develop.Best of luck to him.

• Advertisement

Soldie wrote: »

No, I missed it with work, I just want Cleverley sold at this stage, while we bring in better players to replace him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Ed while on the phone to Villa.
    yesss.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

TheDoc wrote: »
    Powell was pulled all over the pitch. Had drive and tried to make things happen. Better then sideways safety.

Must mean at least one more midfielder is coming in, will be a busy and exciting few days, a win on Saturday would be great and get the injured lads back by end of international break! Hopefully then all players left will be ones LVG actually wants and things will improve

I wouldn't say he's definitely gone yet. There was talk last night that he was considering running down his contract to leave on a free next Summer. He could reject the move yet.

Foolish move if he does that. He won't get another game this season and I would expect he will find it difficult to get into a club at Villa's level by this time next year if he's not playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

I won't succumb to celebrating his departure,took a lot of ****,never acted out of line, just didn't develop.Best of luck to him.

He had a fairly strange high opinion of himself but that's fine you need the self confidence to succeed but what irked me the most was that for such a poor player he spent most of the game giving out to teammates.

Best of luck to him but he's an awful player. Doesn't have the legs for the PL either.

If we truely accept an offer and want to move on one of our only fit CM's, CM coming into the club?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

The whole TC23 crap really did him no favours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Well it must mean another CM is coming in. It has to be!
    Im delighted to see him leave. Dreadful player, but may do ok with a lower league team like villa. Should be nowhere near a top side battling for champions league place.
    Whats the stat, that utd hadnt won a competetive game in the last 9 that TC has started?
    With Carrick out,fletch on poor form,fellaini out,anderson finished.
    A CM must be bought. Good chance for Powell to step up also.

Foolish move if he does that. He won't get another game this season and I would expect he will find it difficult to get into a club at Villa's level by this time next year if he's not playing.

I dunno, I don't think he'd have a problem finding a club like that on a free transfer. Martinez is a fan, having managed him before. Wouldn't be surprised if he had some sort of an agreement with him to go toEverton on a free next Summer.

Being a free agent would be financially more lucrative for him, of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Do we take as positive? Surely safe comment would have been "You never know" "No nothing new" "I'm happy with squad" etc. Wenger style

I take it as a huge positive.

On the Cleverley sale, surely there is someone coming in then? I mean there is no one left to play in midfield otherwise!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement