Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/08

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,379 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Vlaar on a 2 year contract, do it. Offer 15m plus bonuses for finishing in the top 4, Villa won't turn that down.

15million for Vlaar is a lot... especially considering only 1 year left on his contract. But at the end of the day I would prefer a player on the pitch than cash in the bank. Not a bad shout, really, but Villa have said they don't feel they could replace him with a quality player at this point in the window so it will be worth more to them to keep him than sell him. Could be posturing, but it could also rule out a sale.

Had heard whispers of 7million plus Welbeck on loan.

talk that Wilson is now officially a member of the first team.

Would possibly be taking the place of Welbeck and Hernandez. If both go it arguably leaves us one short up front, even counting Wilson though.

While I say officially... that is simply the talk on twitter. I haven't seen it announced by the club nor would I expect them to announce such a matter - will be interesting to see if he plays for the U21 side again. He is far above that level now, to be fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

15million for Vlaar is a lot... especially considering only 1 year left on his contract. But at the end of the day I would prefer a player on the pitch than cash in the bank. Not a bad shout, really, but Villa have said they don't feel they could replace him with a quality player at this point in the window so it will be worth more to them to keep him than sell him. Could be posturing, but it could also rule out a sale.

Had heard whispers of 7million plus Welbeck on loan.

That sounds like a fair deal. Would probably be a good move for Welbeck. Guaranteed game time, not as much pressure, good coaches and manager.
    Also at a club that's not competing directly with us (hopefully)

Vlaar for 7million would be a good deal for us. We need someone like him in the squad. No nonsense defender with loads of international and PL experience. Has worked with VG.

Win-Win

talk that Wilson is now officially a member of the first team.

Would possibly be taking the place of Welbeck and Hernandez. If both go it arguably leaves us one short up front, even counting Wilson though.

While I say officially... that is simply the talk on twitter. I haven't seen it announced by the club nor would I expect them to announce such a matter - will be interesting to see if he plays for the U21 side again. He is far above that level now, to be fair.

It's time to give him an opportunity. There is also Jesse Lingard when he's back - who it seems LVG likes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

If the results continue on the same trajectory, he should be sacked.

He has had three competitive games. Doesn't exactly make a trajectory just yet. But yeah if he loses two out of every three games and draws the other all season United may move him on. Groundbreaking stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Wilson doesn't have to be registered as a first team player to play because he is under 21, doesn't mean he won't be if we have the spots free.

I think we will see activity before Monday I'd imagine they are just waiting to get players out before we get the players we are actually in for...well in, that's what I'm hoping anyway. I do hope we get Vidal but I understand the clubs concern on his knee , he won't be any use to us injured and after what happened with Hargreaves the club is right to be cautious over the move. 40 million pounds is a lot for a dud. I know we all want him now and need a player there but the fact is that maybe Xmas is a better time to make that move because then we will have seen him and strootman back in first team action and can properly assess the extend of the recovery/form of both of them. Carvalho may make the most sense to buy in this window as he has no injury concerns and can come straight in, we need two of them anyway IMO.

Don't get why people are having a go at Giggs, I couldn't think of a better AM for LVG , I'm not even going to list the reasons , Giggs embodies Manchester Utd and that is extremely important to the structure and status of the club , he knows the premiership inside out, has won every honour there is, he's the one that would have been in LVG ear about the likes of James Wilson.

Moyes made the mistake of sacking the couching team and that didn't exactly pan out for him did it?

It's time to give him an opportunity. There is also Jesse Lingard when he's back - who it seems LVG likes.

Not a striker, though maybe you're just mentioning him cause he is rated.

Not a striker, though maybe you're just mentioning him cause he is rated.

What would you describe him as?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Would Welbeck get a look in at Spurs?

would United allow him to go on loan to a rival for 4th place? Even if he scored goals against Pool that would push Spurs ahead of United.

Can't see it happening.

Too right he would

Hoping it doesn't happen either, hoping he stays actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭tinofapples

If we can offload a couple of Hernandez, Kagawa , Cleverly, Anderson and Welbeck to add to Nani's holiday then we should be adding at least 3 players.

Carvalho, another midfielder and a no bullish1t centre half. I think we have enough up top with Roo RVP Noddles Mata Wilson.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

15m for Ron Vlaar??? :confused:

And a 2 year contract?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Todays News from SSN Transfers with other clubs interested in the TC23!

kwgcumv.png

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Not long left in the window now, so am guessing today will be a busy, busy day.

Can't believe there is a battle for Cleverly going on. :P

'Free Shinji'

Shame he didn't work out at Utd but it just didn't happen for him for a various reasons. Imagine he will find his form again at Dortmund and be a big player for them , ke knows Klopp's system and Klopp loves him , he'll once again be there number 10..

Irishcrx wrote: »
    'Free Shinji'

Shame he didn't work out at Utd but it just didn't happen for him for a various reasons. Imagine he will find his form again at Dortmund and be a big player for them , ke knows Klopp's system and Klopp loves him , he'll once again be there number 10..

Would someone please start a "free Ashley" campaign

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Fcuk it come on Ed get two players in today and become a legend of a man - today is the day you would imagine that major moves will be made to bring people in and out ... Time is ticking and ticking fast..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

kryogen wrote: »
    And a 2 year contract?!

would he come on a shorter one, doubtful.

Look, he's 29, probably gettable at that price and offer decent wages for a couple of years, he just might take it. Especially to work with LVG

I don't see many other people coming up with ideas on a CB to sign, other than Hummels or some other un-gettable ideas.

I don't see anything wrong with suggesting Vlaar, United are in a decent negotiating position with Villa, who want Cleverly, offer them a decent deal for Vlaar and see what happens.

Of course, they should be working on other targets too.

Lord TSC wrote: »

I can only imagine the conversation telling Tom he was ****e and was being sold, I bet he cried and security had to pull him from Carrington as he was grabbing hold of the exit door.

Ah...good times..

And SSN just posted:
    More on the future of Tom Cleverley now, and Sky Sports understands that Valencia have made an offer for the Manchester United midfielder. Aston Villa and Hull City have also been linked with a bid to sign the England international before the transfer deadline.

Really wish Tom Cleverly the best - it's clearly apparent that he is not at a level required at United but I'm sure if he went to Villa or someone like that he would be a very good signing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

You'd think lambert and Keane would no better re Cleverley.

I've seen the guy play well maybe 4 or 5 times max

9m??? Excellent price for us. Better still if an exchange can be done for whoever we let him go to.

Anderson, Kags and Hernandez to follow and I'll be v happy.

Young and Valencia will probably stay :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Lord TSC wrote: »

Nothing will happen today imo apart from more press stories. People are getting a bit carried away, thinking lots of players out means players in. Its not that simple, theres alot of book balancing going on, perhaps sales of Cleverly, Kagawa etc are needed to clear the wage bill further to cover for the signings we have made

If we can offload a couple of Hernandez, Kagawa , Cleverly, Anderson and Welbeck to add to Nani's holiday then we should be adding at least 3 players.

Carvalho, another midfielder and a no bullish1t centre half. I think we have enough up top with Roo RVP Noddles Mata Wilson.

Who's Noddles?

Trilla wrote: »
    Who's Noddles?
    DM7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Who's Noddles?

di maria (i think)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Who's Noddles?

That was Di Maria's nickname at RM because he is so skinny

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

The Rojo thing is turning into a shambles by the way.

The third party owners are apparently set to start suing people with a view to getting their money.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭twam2008

Its easy to forget that Cleverley has England caps. He had fantastic potential but I think the pressure on him was too great to manage. I do think he will go on and do good things. But as things stand, he would never have time to live up to that potential at Old Trafford. Good luck to him.

• Advertisement

The third party owners are apparently set to start suing people with a view to getting their money.

Try posting something positive about the club you proclaim to support.

cdb wrote: »
    That was Di Maria's nickname at RM because he is so skinny

Really??? Never knew that. I take its a typo and should be Noodles then?

As Red said Larry - why all the negativity ... Things always work out in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Cleverly to leave, Utd to leave midfield problems unsolved, and TC23 to return to OT this season and dominate the middle. It is written.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

twam2008 wrote: »
    Its easy to forget that Cleverley has England caps. He had fantastic potential but I think the pressure on him was too great to manage. I do think he will go on and do good things. But as things stand, he would never have time to live up to that potential at Old Trafford. Good luck to him.

I agree with this.

There was times he played great.. but I do think the pressure got to him. Maybe playing at another team would help him and he'll get back on form.

Wow Sky Sports are on fire today:
    And another player seemingly on his way out of Manchester United before the transfer deadline is Javier Hernandez. Sky Sport Italia reports that there was a meeting between Hernandez's agents and Juventus in Milan yesterday. Juve reportedly want to sign the striker on loan, amid claims United are pushing the Mexican towards Turin to boost their bid to sign Arturo Vidal.

#ArturON?!

• Advertisement

NeVeR wrote: »
    I agree with this.

There was times he played great.. but I do think the pressure got to him. Maybe playing at another team would help him and he'll get back on form.

Yes he played well a few times but don't kid yourself he was poor most of the time for us. Wish him well, thought he was going to be a great player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

We may see quite a few out but I reckon no more than 1 or 2 in, if any.

Numbers wise we still have a massive squad relative to the number of games we have. We could have as little as 37 games left and a max of 43 (if we got to the final of the cup without a replay).

That's not a lot of games for a professional footballer. Just on the stats flying around the past couple of days we see that Di Maria, for example, played 52 games last season.

A smaller, tighter squad will have a better chance of doing well in the league too and getting us back into the CL.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'm all on for loan deals in order to secure other players - we get the player we want, we maintain the squad size and we give a fringe player a chance to prove themselves while starting week-in week-out (hopefully).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

Try posting something positive about the club you proclaim to support.

In case you haven't noticed, things are a shambles at the moment.

But if it makes you happy:

"La la la la la la...we signed Angel Di Maria...wow...fantastic...how great...the exact type of player we most urgently need"

You'd think lambert and Keane would no better re Cleverley.

I've seen the guy play well maybe 4 or 5 times max

9m??? Excellent price for us. Better still if an exchange can be done for whoever we let him go to.

Anderson, Kags and Hernandez to follow and I'll be v happy.

Young and Valencia will probably stay :-(

Do you want Kagawa to go because you don't like him as a player or on the proviso that he is part of some amazing swap? Jaysus I'd be gutted if we just sold him for cash....such a classy looking player who we've never got the best out of.

• Advertisement

"La la la la la la...we signed Angel Di Maria...wow...fantastic...how great...the exact type of player we must urgently need"

There's a typo in your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

ericzeking wrote: »
    We may see quite a few out but I reckon no more than 1 or 2 in, if any.

Numbers wise we still have a massive squad relative to the number of games we have. We could have as little as 37 games left and a max of 43 (if we got to the final of the cup without a replay).

That's not a lot of games for a professional footballer. Just on the stats flying around the past couple of days we see that Di Maria, for example, played 52 games last season.

A smaller, tighter squad will have a better chance of doing well in the league too and getting us back into the CL.

think you're probably right. but it depends on how much of a clear out is made i would imagine if hernandez and welbeck both go we will be a tad light for strikers given rvps injury record wilson looks the job and all but if rooney was to get an injury at the same time we wouldnt have much think 1 and i'd like remy for the price he would likely cost.

but cant see more than 3 coming in

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

ericzeking wrote: »
    I obviously missed some challenge laid at the Docs feet to post more conscisely....? I'm guessing it was bothering someone for some reason...have they no access to twitter?

The world is truelly focked when someone is being criticized for actually putting a bit of effort and thought into what they say about a subject.

There's way too much oneliner BS on this forum.

Don't pander to the ignorant masses Doc...
    M!Ck^ wrote: »
    It's just a bit of craic. Although I will call out Pro F because he was winging :pac:

I didn't challenge Doc to anything. I and another poster pointed out that a post of his was long winded and then he decided to only post one liners for a week.

magnumbud wrote: »
    think you're probably right. but it depends on how much of a clear out is made i would imagine if hernandez and welbeck both go we will be a tad light for strikers given rvps injury record wilson looks the job and all but if rooney was to get an injury at the same time we wouldnt have much think 1 and i'd like remy for the price he would likely cost.

but cant see more than 3 coming in

I've been really impressed with the bits I've seen of Wilson, a really good loan deal and we could be on a winner, he looks like he has goals in him.

You're right, our injury situation seems to be a right fly in the ointment. 10 players injured at this stage of the season is a bit of a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Hehe, Angel Di Maria is going to be playing for United tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

This is someones last weekend on the forum for a month.

Tick Tock..Tick Tock...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Hehe, Angel Di Maria is going to be playing for United tomorrow.

anybody care to predict the line up? hard to know whats going on with Rojo, but i would imagine he wont start or be involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

There was a bet that someone was getting banned for a month if we don't sign Vidal correct?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

adox wrote: »
    This is someones last weekend on the forum for a month.

Tick Tock..Tick Tock...

Quick, upgrade the bet to a permaban!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

"La la la la la la...we signed Angel Di Maria...wow...fantastic...how great...the exact type of player we most urgently need"

We needed a top class winger, but he can also play midfield so he does address two problem areas.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement