Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/08

Comments

Hmmm, we make our money from sports betting. The most popular sport is soccer. The most popular soccer club is Man United. Who should we take the piss out of?

Why are our profits shrinking?

Business fail.

Biggest sport for bookies by far is horse racing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Still convinced they are chasing a central midfielder. Just thinking about it, Cleverley on the way out, and I believe Fellaini would also have been out on loan had he not gotten injured. And if LVG is willing to let Kagawa, Chico and Cleverley go because they didn't impress him, I really don't believe he will see Fletcher as a viable option - he's been as bad as any other player so far. Carrick is out for another couple of months and I'm not entirely convinced that LVG will view him as good enough either.

That leaves Herrera...

They simply HAVE to be working on bringing in a central midfield partner for Herrera. If they aren't, it will come back to bite them in the ass rather soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Di Maria getting used to the weather

454330924-angel-di-maria-of-manchester-united-in-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QdaMOm6md3xhSzX0LY%2bK6uDj0RJXVtS%2fkgv7xPjs90ZQh%2fFN5kFDbb%2b%2bpz8vypKnkJamARSdc6GTekbZswtQU94%3d

454330934-angel-di-maria-of-manchester-united-in-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QY6cgBYDJArl1Zll8xEI9Tx2iseiwJWptv6yqjam6Tea%2fiKvuhoWGsAYBz78lA5kNda4aOVvGpG6XdYehuuCi30%3d

Mata making a move on Di Maria already with that smoldering look of his

454331122-angel-di-maria-and-juan-mata-of-manchester-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QR7p33jMStjZQrwc6fb7KSHknULukHZP%2f4RtOl80R0p4bh97F51IY3GT3U30f9YTNGeMiRT683h9eqR%2fBMC1jmA%3d

and caption time on these

454330988-wayne-rooney-robin-van-persie-and-manager-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QQ7YxUCVzvnbdoemz9bA5cqtP6DLpOnbuhZEbD%2fJamMhT8RdS43npcV0SFqG7cqhyrfYuP9hVvUG9v1pN6Kl8sw%3d

454330996-wayne-rooney-robin-van-persie-and-manager-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QTE2BPqof3gAXduvmnH6ljXSfG2Ef3oX%2bLqfhw35CGSN4jvJ%2fdpggFTN69ppqW3lspcJ2bDbwZjtYlwLLTfIaQY%3d

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Biggest sport for bookies by far is horse racing.

And people who bet on horse racing are never United fans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i know its only pictures but anytime we see van gaal and players they seem much happier than last years training pictures

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

So much butthurt over a bookies. Grow a pair the lot of yous.

MagicIRL wrote: »

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

sky88 wrote: »
    i know its only pictures but anytime we see van gaal and players they seem much happier than last years training pictures

Friends........football friends

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

I have no idea what team will start tomorrow !!

Wouldnt mind seeing a 4-3-3 instead of the 3-5-2.
    Rooney is captain now so shouldnt take offence to cover in central midfield until other resources come in.

And people who bet on horse racing are never United fans?

I'm sure they are.

Are you honestly trying to attribute PP's reduction in profit to taking the piss out of Man Utd? Because it's absolutely nothing to do with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭davemckenna25

TheTownie wrote: »
    Di Maria getting used to the weather

454330924-angel-di-maria-of-manchester-united-in-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QdaMOm6md3xhSzX0LY%2bK6uDj0RJXVtS%2fkgv7xPjs90ZQh%2fFN5kFDbb%2b%2bpz8vypKnkJamARSdc6GTekbZswtQU94%3d

454330934-angel-di-maria-of-manchester-united-in-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QY6cgBYDJArl1Zll8xEI9Tx2iseiwJWptv6yqjam6Tea%2fiKvuhoWGsAYBz78lA5kNda4aOVvGpG6XdYehuuCi30%3d

Mata making a move on Di Maria already with that smoldering look of his

454331122-angel-di-maria-and-juan-mata-of-manchester-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QR7p33jMStjZQrwc6fb7KSHknULukHZP%2f4RtOl80R0p4bh97F51IY3GT3U30f9YTNGeMiRT683h9eqR%2fBMC1jmA%3d

and caption time on these

454330988-wayne-rooney-robin-van-persie-and-manager-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QQ7YxUCVzvnbdoemz9bA5cqtP6DLpOnbuhZEbD%2fJamMhT8RdS43npcV0SFqG7cqhyrfYuP9hVvUG9v1pN6Kl8sw%3d

454330996-wayne-rooney-robin-van-persie-and-manager-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QTE2BPqof3gAXduvmnH6ljXSfG2Ef3oX%2bLqfhw35CGSN4jvJ%2fdpggFTN69ppqW3lspcJ2bDbwZjtYlwLLTfIaQY%3d

Hey Lads, Remember when Clev said he fitted perfectly into my style of play....lol.... if it wasn't for his sense of humor he'd really be in trouble...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Mata said on MUTV that he is helping Angel with speaking English and that he has been helping Rojo too, as well as Herrera when it comes to settling in.

Mata is a busy man.

I'm sure they are.

Are you honestly trying to attribute PP's reduction in profit to taking the piss out of Man Utd? Because it's absolutely nothing to do with that.

I don't really care to be honest, it was a throwaway comment on a message board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

There was plenty of pics of the team training where everyone smiling and laughing last season too. Doesn't mean anything really.

If my job was to get up for a kickabout every morning and get paid £50,000 a week for it, I'd be laughing and joking all day everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

RobertKK wrote: »
    Mata said on MUTV that he is helping Angel with speaking English and that he has been helping Rojo too, as well as Herrera when it comes to settling in.

Mata is a busy man.

Nice little side earner,probably 5k a lesson :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

MagicIRL wrote: »

Don't make me post a picture of my Louis'

I'm going to play the skeptic and say when the clubs official photographer is on the field, everyone is told beforehand to be on their best behaviour.

J. Marston wrote: »
    There was plenty of pics of the team training where everyone smiling and laughing last season too. Doesn't mean anything really.

If my job was to get up for a kickabout every morning and get paid £50,000 a week for it, I'd be laughing and joking all day everyday.

I love when players call it their "job" and talk about "hard work". Completely detached from the real world

TheDoc wrote: »
    I love when players call it their "job" and talk about "hard work". Completely detached from the real world

In fairness I've no doubt they work hard. Probably not 100k a week hard, but hard nonetheless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

TheDoc wrote: »
    Don't make me post a picture of my Louis'[/QUO

Know that i think of it yes yous are correct i read far too much of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭kilrush

In fairness I've no doubt they work hard. Probably not 100k a week hard, but hard nonetheless.

is there anything in the world that would be considered 100k a week hard?

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭twam2008

kilrush wrote: »

Edward Woodward during transfer window?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I love Mata. I just want to hug him and never let go.

I dunno, puppy-slaughterer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I dunno, puppy-slaughterer?

There'd be a million dead dogs before I'd consider that hard for 100k a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

10612826_10152403603667746_4168451725521622893_n.jpg

Herrera better come back soon or he's gonna be replaced in the bromance triangle

Liam O wrote: »

You're a bad man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭kilrush

:eek:

My money's on 2000 words or greater.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

RobertKK wrote: »

Mata is a busy man.

Sounds like captain work to me. Give him the armband :P

10612826_10152403603667746_4168451725521622893_n.jpg

Herrera better come back soon or he's gonna be replaced in the bromance triangle

How longs he out for again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    How longs he out for again?

think tomorrow is the last match he'll miss, which means he's back for QPR after the international break I think? so we should have Rojo's permit sorted and a good few back by the end of the break.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/505391717638754306

I just love LVG - now that is optimism at its absolute best...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I just cant wait to see Di Maria play for us. I never been this excited to see a player lineup for us in a very long time. I dont expect miracles from him because a new country and new league but its the future im looking forward to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Headshot wrote: »
    I love Mata. I just want to hug him and never let go.

As long as you let go to train and play :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Liam O wrote: »
    First your Adnan bashing, and now this? Liam...

Wd3uM77.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Its nice that people are happy and excited

Imagine if club actually won a match and played well though..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

https://twitter.com/BTBFootballTips/status/505401777433632768

I cant fcuking wait until we start putting people in their places once again... :( .. I'd love if we thrashed Burnley tomorrow...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

irishfeen wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/BTBFootballTips/status/505401777433632768

I cant fcuking wait until we start putting people in their places once again... :( .. I'd love if we thrashed Burnley tomorrow...

Don't go all Kevin Keegan on us

• Advertisement

There has to be a serious reaction from the players tomorrow. They are being slaughtered in the press, by opposition fans, and by some united fans.

Another horror show tomorrow and it will be unbearable pressure already. They need to get out and put burnley to the sword, and should be aiming to do it in spectacular fashion.

Yes we are light in certain areas, but there's still enough quality to beating the minnows. And there's nowhere to hide anymore. Last season Moyes took the blame. The first three games could be explained away by the new system, or with a patched up team against the MK Dons.

No more excuses. We are Manchester United FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

There has to be a serious reaction from the players tomorrow. They are being slaughtered in the press, by opposition fans, and by some united fans.

And by opposition players, Dzeko.

The lot of them would really want to pull the finger out. They're currently a laughing stock and there doesn't seem to be any fight in them.

Just for an update. I started a post in notepad at 5:30...I'm still going.

Considering how fast I type........

Can a new thread be opened for.me.please...I'll need a few pages...

And by opposition players, Dzeko.

The lot of them would really want to pull the finger out. They're currently a laughing stock and there doesn't seem to be any fight in them.

Interesting you mention there being no fight in them. This is something that has played on my mind with this squad. Are they fighters? Are they tough enough? I don't think they are. Chico, wellbeck, de gae, mata, cleverley, Evans, carrick. Etc. they don't strike me as being tough. On the contrary. Take away Fellaini, Valencia, Rooney, rvp and rafeal and there aren't many you would consider able to stand up to a physical team of men.

Think back to 08. VDS, rio, vidic, evra, scholes, giggs, Neville, tevez, Rooney, ronaldo, brown, o'shea. Well able to handle themselves.

Think back to 99. Big peter, Stam, Neville, Irwin, Keane, scholes, sheringham, cole, beckham. Well able to handle themselves

Think back to 94. Big peter, ince, pallister, Bruce, Irwin, Keane, cantona, mcClair, Hughes. They were able to go to highbury or selhurst park and hold their own.

I wouldn't mind if we signed Vlaar and DeJong.

Edit: I'll add to that. Look at the current city and Chelsea teams. Do they strike you as groups that could be bullied by any opposition. No way.

Edit: some have been questioning the signing of Rojo. I'll say one thing for him, there won't be many pushing that lad around. Hard as nails!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

But I don't think they are no trying (well except for th MK dons game) they simply are not good enough. They used to be but they have gotten worse and everyone else has got better.

I don'ty think it's as simple as pulilng the finger out. Doubt well be stuffing anyone anytime soon.

Hope for the win but the evidence to date suggests a nervy game which hopefully we can sneak

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Another horror show tomorrow and it will be unbearable pressure already. They need to get out and put burnley to the sword, and should be aiming to do it in spectacular fashion.

Yes we are light in certain areas, but there's still enough quality to beating the minnows. And there's nowhere to hide anymore. Last season Moyes took the blame. The first three games could be explained away by the new system, or with a patched up team against the MK Dons.

couldnt agree more, said it to one of the lads at work, "if" after 40-50 minutes we are 4-0 up and domination i dont want the team to stop, try and humiliate them win 7-0 if its possible,

and obviously i speaking in hope we could go out and only win 1-0 but if there is a chance to humiliate them they should do it, we have to make a statement

Hococop wrote: »
    couldnt agree more, said it to one of the lads at work, "if" after 40-50 minutes we are 4-0 up and domination i dont want the team to stop, try and humiliate them win 7-0 if its possible,

and obviously i speaking in hope we could go out and only win 1-0 but if there is a chance to humiliate them they should do it, we have to make a statement

Oh I'd say the day will come at some point this season, probably not tomorrow, but at some point the team will click and I wouldn't want to be the opposition on that day. Someone will be getting humiliated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Oh I'd say the day will come at some point this season, probably not tomorrow, but at some point the team will click and I wouldn't want to be the opposition on that day. Someone will be getting humiliated.

true hopefully the sooner the better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,372 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Our central midfielders for tomorrow's game are coming from.... Anderson and fletcher. We are likely only going to have blacket, Evans and jones for defence. We have young for left back and Valencia at right back. We are going to be blessed to win it.

Our central midfielders for tomorrow's game are coming from.... Anderson and fletcher. We are likely only going to have blacket, Evans and jones for defence. We have young for left back and Valencia at right back. We are going to be blessed to win it.

We can put Rooney in with Fletcher. And does any if that matter? Should they not be able to pull their heads out of their arses and beat burnley?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement