Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/08

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Liverpool getting rid of Agger for 3m. Definitely won't be a popular opinion but I'd love United to take a punt on him.

not a hope in hell he would join ye even if Liverpool would sell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

redzerdrog wrote: »
    not a hope in hell he would join ye even if Liverpool would sell

Yeah probably right.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭Kharrell

Apparently Reus made a little mistake in a post-match interview after tonight's game in which he said: "Shinji Kagawa is a great player and I'm sure he will help us" then corrected himself saying "would help us" with a big smile.

It's a real shame it never worked out. I felt sorry for Kagawa because it was known it was a goal of his to play in the EPL, and to play at Manchester United at the time I'm sure was great for him. He had the world at his feet. And of course, there was no chance we were going to turn down what was a the time arguably the best player of the season at the Bundesliga.

It's not a physicality that didn't allow him to shine. It'a sad to say, but he would've thrived at Arsenal and Liverpool with the way they deploy a proper number ten.

In my opinion, he is still one of the best attacking midfielders in the world. I am glad that he's only 25, still a lot left to play for and to get his career back on track. Pleased for the Dortmund supporters too since they seem a good bunch who have always stood up for Kagawa.

As for us, with these departures and possibly one or two more to come, the squad is looking very thin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Come on Doc... Were waiting!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

what time/date does the transfer window close?

I have big doubts we'll get someone in, but ya never know

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Monday, 11:00PM.

Don't know what happened in the space of 48 hours that everyone went so very negative, other than a Vidal tweet which confirmed what most should have been expecting for weeks. Fully confident that there'll be at least one more player in...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

FenzpeH.jpg

BlindON

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Liverpool getting rid of Agger for 3m. Definitely won't be a popular opinion but I'd love United to take a punt on him.

Doesn't he have "YNWA" tattooed on his knuckles? Would be funny to see him holding a United shirt with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

foreign language tweets?

sound

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Is Vidal even an injury risk or is this something ye have convinced yourselves as the reason for not signing him

He is yeah. Played on when needing surgery, then had a rushed procedure so he could play in world cup. Didnt play a full 90 minutes in that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

TheTownie wrote: »
    FYI, Vidal is starting tomorrow against Cheivo at 5pm for anyone interested.

he was supposed to start for them last week too, he was listed in the starting XI then withdrawn before kickoff, didn't see much comment about that after. what happened?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Daley Blind is gettable. I reckon he will be got and played in the middle of Herrera and DiMaria. Thats not too bad if it turns out.

We still really need a big time player at centre half. I'm not hearing any links to anyone so you'd wonder wtf is going on.

Kinda disappointed that we're not going to be involved in the deadline day madness.

I don't mean to alarm anybody, but first my first exclusive of the night was him favouriting the United tweet. Then I bought him in my United career in Fifa. Now we've a bid accepted, apparently.

#ITKWhatsisname #IndyWhatsisname #BangWildman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

I don't mean to alarm anybody, but first my first exclusive of the night was him favouriting the United tweet. Then I bought him in my United career in Fifa. Now we've a bid accepted, apparently.

#ITKWhatsisname #IndyWhatsisname #BangWildman

Yeah I was reporting this about an hour ago. #fingeronthepulse
    Hahaha

But wow. Out of nowhere at half twelve on Friday night. Great signing. Less fires to put out.

God, they all been bitching all night about no activity and they miss out on a signing.

At least they'll wake up to a nice surprise :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,929 ✭✭✭KH25

Don't think Blind will be our last signing. #positivityhat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Happy but want more.

Start I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

#BangWildman

Thanked mainly for this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

if true, would that fact that we are only bidding for Blind now be down to the fact that other targets have failed so we are turning to him?

other way of looking at it is, we needed to get rid of players first before signing him to free up wages and make some money available to buy him. would suggest, that if we sign him, our work is done also.

assume that he will sit in midfield beside Herrera and Di maria, until Strootman comes along in January perhaps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Dutch players are almost always awesome. I support this signing.

if true, would that fact that we are only bidding for Blind now be down to the fact that other targets have failed so we are turning to him?

other way of looking at it is, we needed to get rid of players first before signing him to free up wages and make some money available to buy him. would suggest, that if we sign him, our work is done also.

assume that he will sit in midfield beside Herrera and Di maria, until Strootman comes along in January perhaps.

Blind, Herrera and Di Maria ain't bad.

Dutch players are almost always awesome. I support this signing.

I'm drinking captain Morgans. Everything is pretty awesome right now.

(I'll give out about this signing in the morning) :)

God, they all been bitching all night about no activity and they miss out on a signing.

At least they'll wake up to a nice surprise :)

Has it actually been confirmed by sky? bbc? club?

kryogen wrote: »

Seems it will be announced officially in the morning from what I can see.

Doesn't usually appear on those outlets first in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

no there was just a tweet from the mail. look at previous page

If he does come in I will be quite happy with him, but would have liked, maybe we will still go for, someone with a bit more steel to their game. He is a nice player, good on the ball and should do well for us, I said before he reminded me a bit of Gareth Barry and I would stick to that. Be happy to see him brought in

no there was just a tweet from the mail. look at previous page

Yeah I saw that, which is why I asked. The Mail would not be in the same league as bbc for that kind of stuff.

• Advertisement

Lets all just take a minute to remember this (and what an angle its from)

PlaintiveJoyousIndri.gif

Yeah I saw that, which is why I asked. The Mail would not be in the same league as bbc for that kind of stuff.

Dutch media on it now. Think it's got legs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Technophobe

I'm drinking captain Morgans. Everything is pretty awesome right now.

(I'll give out about this signing in the morning) :)

Ffs man, on a Friday night get yourself a decent rum to be drinking...
    One more coming....it's a big one too hopefully....

Dutch media on it now. Think it's got legs

Hopefully

De Telegraf journalist reporting it now, its on its on

Ffs man, on a Friday night get yourself a decent rum to be drinking...
    One more coming....it's a big one too hopefully....

Dude, I'm a peasant. I'm happy with my place in the world. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Sweet, second centre midfielder of the window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

nice one about Blind, positive thoughts; I don't think we're finished in the market just yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

#DB17

TheTownie wrote: »
    #DB17

#whoisournew9?

http://www.benefoot.net/love-is-blind-profiling-ajax-dutch-stalwart-daley-blind/

Pretty good article on Blind, from the criticism he received 4 years ago from Ajax fans to his transformation into a DM and his WC performance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

http://www.benefoot.net/love-is-blind-profiling-ajax-dutch-stalwart-daley-blind/

Pretty good article on Blind, from the criticism he received 4 years ago from Ajax fans to his transformation into a DM and his WC performance.

his best performances in the WC came on the left of defence. playing as a DM, he was very poor.

not sure why people keep calling him a midfielder, when his best position is LWB or LB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Technophobe

Dude, I'm a peasant. I'm happy with my place in the world. ;)
    Treat yourself on a Friday... Mount Gay Barbados rum is where it's at..

Vidal next pls..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Feel so bad for kagawa a genuis wasted at a club with no ambition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

After the crushing disappointment of last summer, must say I'm pleasantly shocked how this window has gone. No Hummels or Vidal but Di Maria was a massive signing. Still need another CB if Van Gaal persists with 3 at the back, they're all injury prone. Has Blind played CB?

Treat yourself on a Friday... Mount Gay Barbados rum is where it's at..

Vidal next pls..

Noted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Nuts102 wrote: »

Hope he does well at dortmund, should have been first choice when he came but was left on the bench alot.
    Has TC left yet?

Herrera, shaw, Di Maria, Rojo, blind.

Normally it would be a mind blowing window.

A solid centre half and we are ready to go. Vlaar. Do it.

Strootman when he's ready.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

not sure why people keep calling him a midfielder, when his best position is LWB or LB.

He is primarily a midfielder though, perhaps that is why people keep calling him one?

He's a DM first, LB\LWB second, CB third.

He's been very good as a no. 6 for Ajax for a while by all accounts.

Nuts102 wrote: »

A very good player and it would've have been great if he had succeeded here but genius? Ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

his best performances in the WC came on the left of defence. playing as a DM, he was very poor.

Did you read that article or are you just basing this on the WC? He's been a DM for 2 years now if that's anything to go by. A bad short stint at the WC there doesn't automatically make him not one.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement