Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/08

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

See Jamie Jackson was saying on twitter last night that he knew nothing about Blind coming in. Just shows how not in the loop the media are at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Good signing just not great signing.

Blind might prove me wrong long term.

LVG wanted him for reason

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Some people here are so negative, we sign another midfielder, not happy.
    Di Maria signed and will and can play midfield, not happy.

Some are never happy and transfer window not yet closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,929 ✭✭✭KH25

Blind is a good signing. He'll take Cleverleys place in the squad and he's also an upgrade on him. I'm also confident he won't be our last bit of business.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I wouldn't be shocked if that's us done, but nor would I be shocked if one last player comes in. We have now signed 5 new (presumably) first team players. That's half the team who now need to learn to play together, find their roles together. A sixth, if a big names could be awesome, but it's going to take a while for everyone to gel I fear....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Midfield has been a problem area for years, so this window we sign three midfielders, Herrera, Blind, and Angel Di ****ing Maria
    Evra left, so we signed Shaw
    Vidic and Rio left so we signed Rojo
    And a bunch of the players who are not good enough are being moved on.

De Gea
    Rafael Jones Evans Rojo Shaw
    Herrera Blind Di Maria
    Mata
    Rooney RVP

This has been a fantastic transfer window. Anyone complaining will obviously never be satisfied.

(and on that note, can people please stop replying to posters on my ignore list)

Daley Blind passes the ball forward.

Daley Blind can defend.

Daley Blind can attack.

Daley Blind can score goals.

He replaces Tom Cleverley.

Then some not happy....

Baby steps, I'm very happy to take baby steps.

I don't expect miracles, but once see good continuous progress I'm happy.

With the right signings of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

Well at least nearly everyone speaks the same language... Spanish.:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Blind is just what we need.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

RobertKK wrote: »
    Some people here are so negative, we sign another midfielder, not happy.
    Di Maria signed and will and can play midfield, not happy.

Some are never happy and transfer window not yet closed.

It's not being negative for the sake of it...it's all with love for the club in mind.

Di Maria being able to "do a job" in midfield just about sums up things.

Why not just sign the right player (e.g. Vidal)?

I'd be 10 times happier if we'd spent £60m on Vidal and left Di Maria in Spain.

14m is decent price too I guess.

For once not breaking the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,929 ✭✭✭KH25

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I wouldn't be shocked if that's us done, but nor would I be shocked if one last player comes in. We have now signed 5 new (presumably) first team players. That's half the team who now need to learn to play together, find their roles together. A sixth, if a big names could be awesome, but it's going to take a while for everyone to gel I fear....

We're going to have to undergo that process anyway. We have a new manager with new methods that the current players need to adapt to. On top of that we also have glaring weaknesses in the team which necessitate signing so many players in the window.

The results will come. We just need time.

It's not being negative for the sake of it...it's all with love for the club in mind.

I'd be 10 times happier if we'd spent £60m on Vidal.
    I'd rather not spend £60m on someone who just had a doggy knee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

RayCun wrote: »
    Midfield has been a problem area for years, so this window we sign three midfielders, Herrera, Blind, and Angel Di ****ing Maria
    Evra left, so we signed Shaw
    Vidic and Rio left so we signed Rojo
    And a bunch of the players who are not good enough are being moved on.

De Gea
    Rafael Jones Evans Rojo Shaw
    Herrera Blind Di Maria
    Mata
    Rooney RVP

This has been a fantastic transfer window. Anyone complaining will obviously never be satisfied.

(and on that note, can people please stop replying to posters on my ignore list)

We allowed too play 12 players now? Jesus LVG must have the FA in his pocket!

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    I'd rather not spend £60m on someone who just had a doggy knee.

You'd swear that Vidal had ruptured his cruciate the way some people spin it.

He's back 100% (we're told) and in any event a Ray Moran type would have to sign off on such a deal.

(Kevin Moran's brother - the top knee surgeon in Ireland)

You'd swear that Vidal had ruptured his cruciate the way some people spin it.

He's back 100% (we're told) and in any event a Ray Moran type would have to sign off on such a deal.

(Kevin Moran's brother - the top knee surgeon in Ireland)

Nah he's not, sure he was withdrawn from their game last weekend. Not way he's gone from not playing to 100% in such a short period imo.

Nah he's not, sure he was withdrawn from their game last weekend. Not way he's gone from not playing to 100% in such a short period imo.

He's starting against Chievo today by all accounts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

I don't understand why some people are being so negative. After Fergie left, the squad needed surgery. Moyes had neither the cajones nor the time to do it.

We now have a world class manager with money to spend who is gradually building what is looking more and more like a serious side. Given we have a new manager with a new system and a massive volume of incomings and outgoings, we are not going to see instant success this season. I feel we will probably finish in the Europa league spots but another summer of spending and a little bit of patience should see us become title contendors again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

If Vidal eventually moves from Juventus it will be to Madrid, Bayern or Barca.
    You can quote me on that if or when it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

We can't spend 60m on Vidal...we're penny pinchers...do you not remember Cesc?...no wait we're over spenders....no, no we're definitely penny pinchers...'spend the fockin money on the right signings'....no, I'm pretty sure we're overspending.... Jesus I can't decide!

He's starting against Chievo today by all accounts.

Yeah I know, he also started all the world cup and we know well he wasn't 100% for that.

Di Maria did that job for Real Madrid, got man of the match in the CL final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Forget Vidal. His knee is a concern and there is no way United should be buying him until that is sorted. Maybe January or next summer but forget him.

Still no sign of a big name centre half but I would still love Carvalho or someone of that nature to be on the shopping list. We need more options. I'd say we are down to maybe 1 more signing but we are probably done for this window.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Stand by what I said regarding Blind previously - i think he will be a great squad addition long term. He will be a far better squad player, imo, than Fellaini, Cleverley, Anderson or Fletcher. So in an instance we needed to play them in midfield we will be better off with Blind, imo.

my issue is that he doesn't relish the physical side of the game - despite being a more defensive midfielder. He is Carrick-esque from what I gather. Plays the defensive role by reading the game and nipping the ball away or intercepting rather dominating his opponent - and I feel we really REALLY lack a player who can dominate, or even stand up, his opponent physically.

So yeah, yesterday I wanted De Jong, Vidal or Carvalho AND Blind, and I still want a player along with Blind, but I highly doubt we will go for another midfielder now. Maybe waiting (and hoping, possibly futilely) for Strootman in January.

I would also like us to sign a top class CB at this point - but if we move to a back 4 (as I suspect we will if/when Blind comes in or Carrick returns) then we have 4 senior centre backs and two youth players. Unless we sell one of them, which I doubt, I can't see us adding another.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

GSPfan wrote: »
    Forget Vidal. His knee is a concern and there is no way United should be buying him until that is sorted. Maybe January or next summer but forget him.

Still no sign of a big name centre half but I would still love Carvalho or someone of that nature to be on the shopping list. We need more options. I'd say we are down to maybe 1 more signing but we are probably done for this window.

Once everything settles down Phil Jones will become our big name centre back...Believe That!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Lads on BT saying the deal is done and dusted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

The good thing about signing Blind is that he already knows Van Gaal's system so hopefully he'll fit right in and hit the ground running. He's not the midfield beast we could do with but he's a solid player and will do well for us. This is only the first step of the squad rebuilding process. If we can get top 4 with the current squad and a few January additions I'll be very happy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Goes to show the press knows nothing about our transfer activity. Could still be another transfer before the window closes.

I see the usual suspect is out in force to p*ss all over a bit of good news. Amazing that a united fan would only post negative stuff about United.

This is a good addition to the squad. Onwards and upwards. Hoping for a performance today and three points

TheTownie wrote: »

I wonder what the "further announcement" is.

Some sort of tie up with Ajax?

That would be very welcome.

When Blind completes his medical and signs a contract.

Thought that was pretty obvious.

:confused:

it would be: United confirm the signing of Daley Blind.

Why would it be anything else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

thelad95 wrote: »
    I don't understand why some people are being so negative.

Not everyone is a content as you to see the team slip to the level of Everton and Liverpool while the club sorts itself out.

That medical is passed and terms agreed.

TheTownie wrote: »
    When Blind completes his medical and signs a contract.

Thought that was pretty obvious.

Not really. Clumsy/loose language in my view.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

they have said that every time they announced a fee was agreed for a players. its clear enough

Clumsy, poor reading skills in my view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Zico wrote: »
    Not everyone is a content as you to see the team slip to the level of Everton and Liverpool while the club sorts itself out.

Yeah Pool and Everton signed world class wingers this summer.

• Advertisement

I blame Woodward for this shambles

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

So happy to wake up and hear we've signed Daley Blind, most of us have wanted him since the start of the window, £14 million too is a great price, he can play LB, CB and CDM, brilliant boost for us.

Now let's hope Di Maria has a blinder today and I'll be even happier :D

Anybody got the Blind assist to RVP gif in the WC? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

MagicIRL wrote: »
    There's only onnnnnnne Daley Bliiind!

WALKIN' ALONG, SIGNIN' A SONG, WALKIN' IN A BLIND WONDERLAND, THRE'S ONLY ONNNNNNNE...

Delighted that I've woken up to Blind signing. Some transfer window lads!

Clumsy, poor reading skills in my view.

You're entitled to your view, even if it is ridiculous.

An announcement re Blind and then a reference to a "further announcement" implies something else.

If you're claiming it's 100% clear, you're wrong.

We've all seen this move but the music makes it so much better! :D

https://vine.co/v/MLbIPYn65OM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

£8m received is for Cleverley, and £14m paid for Blind.

That's a net of only £6m.

Very good business, it must be said.

Let the clear-out continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

GIF-Robin-Van-Persie.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Scroll back to the top post of page 766.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

Any concerns over the quality of Blind and Rojo? I've seen a number of journalists who report on their respective leagues have doubts about both.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement