Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/08

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Huh?

Zerks is back!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Apparently Nastasic is one the way out at city, worth a bid for him?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Apparently Nastasic is one the way out at city, worth a bid for him?
    strange they are selling him. he seemed good to me. doubt they would sell to us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Huh?

Not for you,a few others will get it.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

magnumbud wrote: »
    strange they are selling him. he seemed good to me. doubt they would sell to us

Honestly i think he is already to class and young would love him but City won't sell him to United.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

zerks wrote: »
    Not for you,a few others will get it.:D

Is it for "the clique within this thread and their acolytes who bay for blood like blind dogs when anyone dares to disagree with the consensus."?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

nobody can answer this until the season has panned out. if we get top 3, even 4, then yes and we start all over again next summer to bridge the gap to the top.

if we miss out on top 4 and its those 5 points dropped that cost us, then no, he hasnt redeemed himself as the aim was to get back into the CL. weve given our rivals a 5 points head start already (weve had easier fixtures than all of them) which could have been avoided if we'd got our bisiness done on time.

its also correct to say that Rojo and Blind were only signed because we missed out (so far) on our main CB and CM targets though nobody is unhappy that we missed out on Vermaelen really.

So nobody can judge if Woodward did a good job until the end of the season but 1-2 months before the transfer window closes, it was ok to label him a disgrace and out of his depth for not signing anyone?!

**** the haters, thinks its a great buy. A versitile player who plays DM and LB and he's not even in his prime yet.

Keep em coming woodie

Let's all hope for a performance \ result today, really excited to watch Di maria in a utd shirt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

For the position we are in, Blind is a grand signing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Its just dawning on me we are all just about to watch angel di marias debut as the number 7

Like holy crap

Zico wrote: »
    Is it for "the clique within this thread and their acolytes who bay for blood like blind dogs when anyone dares to disagree with the consensus."?

No,put it this way,there's a few who observe this thread closely and I'll say no more than that;)

Anyhow,looks like City are going for Falcao.As if their attack wasn't scary enough.
    Rojo's third party ownership still isn't sorted,that should actually be banned as it causes nothing but hassle and it's just a cash cow for those who hold the player's registration & just see them as a commodity.

RichFTW wrote: »
    it was ok to label him a disgrace and out of his depth for not signing anyone?!

He was labelled a disgrace and out his depth as much for the players signed as the players he didn't.

You must be one of the few who has forgotten how he made a laughing stock of the club with his very public bungled efforts last summer.

He's stopped briefing the press so his bungling has been done in private for the most part this summer.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Di Maria starts.

No Kagawa and Cleverley in the match day squad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Starting XI: De Gea, Jones, Evans, Blackett, Valencia, Young, Fletcher, Di Maria, Mata, Rooney, van Persie.

Subs: Januzaj, Hernandez, Welbeck, James, M. Keane, Anderson, Amos.

• Advertisement

Goes to show how far things were let go over the past 2 seasons that we are now seeing 5 players signed & still haven't sorted out the mess that the club ended up in.

Last season we all blamed Moyes but now it shows that a fair few players need to take a long hard look at themselves.A lot were either not good enough or just went stale.
    I've a feeling we'll see 2 more signings and build from there.

For those of you that may have the Line app downloaded an your phone/tablet, id suggest you add @manutd. Its the official club account and they sent me a message this morning with the blind deal, and the team news there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

A win today is needed, even ifs a scrappy 1-0 win I'll take it. The team is lacking confidence and hopefully di maria can bring some life to our attack.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Di Maria starts.

Isn't Kagawa in Germany? Reus let it slip in an interview yesterday.Cleverley......I couldn't care less where he is so long as it's not on a pitch in a United shirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Team to play Burnley: De Gea, Jones, Evans, Blackett, Valencia, Fletcher, Di Maria, Young, Mata, van Persie, Rooney.
    Subs: Januzaj, Hernandez, Welbeck, Anderson, Michael Keane, Amos, James.

Team to play Man Utd: Heaton, Trippier, Shackell, Duff, Mee, Arfield, Marney, Jones, Taylor, Jutkiewicz, Ings.
    Subs: Wallace, Sordell, Reid, Gilks, Ward, Long, Barnes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

di maria in a midfield of 2 as it seems. Valencia and Young still on the wing:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Holy ****. Di Maria is playing for United. Alongside Juan Mata, behind Van Persie. Christ Almighty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Could easily be Jones, Fletch and Di Maria in a midfield 3 with the others playing at the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

So that'll be 4 of our 5 signings that gave up Champions League football to come to Manchester United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Three at CB or Jones in a midfield three?

If it's just Di Maria and Fletcher in midfield.....gulp.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

We will concede, no question. Probably need to score 3+ to win the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

We should be making a statement of intent and scoring at least 3 today tbh. It's fecking Burnley.

Their starting 11 value is around 5M.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Keno wrote: »
    Three at CB or Jones in a midfield three?

If it's just Di Maria and Fletcher in midfield.....gulp.

Three at CB.

Valencia and Young better not be starting after the international break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Has LvG just signed four players best suited to LWB in the current formation at a cost of 120m if Di Maria looks like he will play LWB today? It could be the most left-footed team ever

de Gea
    Rafael - Evans - Rojo - Shaw
    Januzaj - Herrara - Blind - di Maria
    Mata
    RVP

v3ttel wrote: »
    So that'll be 4 of our 5 signings that gave up Champions League football to come to Manchester United.

"Sure who'd go to United with no CL football?" :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Has LvG just signed four players best suited to LWB in the current formation at a cost of 120m if Di Maria looks like he will play LWB today? It could be the most left-footed team ever

de Gea
    Mata
    RVP

No, LVG is not going to drop Rooney.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

Zico wrote: »
    He was labelled a disgrace and out his depth as much for the players signed as the players he didn't.

You must be one of the few who has forgotten how he made a laughing stock of the club with his very public bungled efforts last summer.

He's stopped briefing the press so his bungling has been done in private for the most part this summer.:)

Which players does this apply to?
    - Shaw
    - Herrera
    - Rojo
    - Di maria
    - Blind

I was talking about this window where people were attacking him when over a month was left in the window. When he does sign players, he then can't be judged until the season is over. Possibly the definition of double standards!

I haven't forgotten how last summer was a disaster. Still doesn't mean people can use last year as an excuse to have a go at him again to try and undermine what he did this window because it suits their agenda. He made mistakes last summer, learned from them and delivered this summer. Also the window isn't even over yet so more could be on the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

de Gea
    Mata
    RVP

Who are the 4 players best suited to LWB ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

BloodBath wrote: »

Their starting 11 value is around 5M.

About 5m more than the mk dons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Been mad busy the past few days, and this is my first post in here since di Maria, and now it seems Blind have been signed.

The general consensus in here, and elsewhere, last season was that we needed to sign 4 or 5 players. Now we've done that.
    But I can't help but feel a bit underwhelmed by them.
    Don't get me wrong, I think di Maria is a fantastic signing, and the rest of them will surely add to the team and ensure that we get the bare minimum that is expected for next season - CL football.

But it's a poor reflection on some people that despite making really good signings, we still are not as strong as I'd like us to be, or as strong as the top teams in the division.
    Perhaps Rojo, Herrera, Shaw and Blind will develop into the world class player that di Maria already is, and we'll be set for years. I hope they will.

I understand the need to improve all areas of the squad, and I know we can't just go throw cash at the problem, but I just can't help feeling that one really big signing, in the area that is most crying out for attention with us (CM) would be more beneficial than a few players that may develop as we would like.

Basically, I welcome all the signings (especially di Maria - really excited by that), but i feel we need more. Maybe I'm being greedy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Has anyone else noticed that SSN has editted their ad for transfer deadline day so Jim White now answers his phone and says "What have you got for me?" rather than "Harry! What have you got for me?"

Harry must have been on the phone alright :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Blind vs De Jong vs Xabi vs Matic

RIbB6DM.jpg

yabadabado wrote: »
    Who are the 4 players best suited to LWB ?
    Shaw, Rojo (not convinced of him at CB), Di Maria (don't know where else he fits in a 3-5-2, wouldn't say he is suited to either a midfield two or behind the strikers, even then you are dropping a 37m left footer,) and Blind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

LVG asked about Rojo and whats happening... LVG seemed a bit off with the subject/ concerned look or feeling.

He must be pissed that his permit isnt sorted yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

So no Kagawa or Clev in the squad. Obviously we are not playing them because a deal to sell them is close.

By bye Kags :(
    @evilkagawa

Kagawa love United!
    Why United no love Kagawa?

https://mobile.twitter.com/evilkagawa/status/505667914977275904

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Di Maria starts.

funny-gif-wrestler-eyes.gif

RichFTW wrote: »
    Which players does this apply to?
    - Herrera
    - Rojo
    - Di maria
    - Blind

I was talking about this window where people were attacking him when over a month was left in the window. When he does sign players, he then can't be judged until the season is over. Possibly the definition of double standards!

I haven't forgotten how last summer was a disaster. Still doesn't mean people can use last year as an excuse to have a go at him again to try and undermine what he did this window because it suits their agenda. He made mistakes last summer, learned from them and delivered this summer. Also the window isn't even over yet so more could be on the way.

Sounds like you're the one with an agenda. If you're happy with what Woodward has done then good for you.

We're just going to disagree on that until the time comes, if ever, that Woodward gives us a squad good enough to win the title.

So no Kagawa or Clev in the squad. Obviously we are not playing them because a deal to sell them is close.

By bye Kags :(

https://mobile.twitter.com/evilkagawa/status/505667914977275904

Worth selling Kags just to get rid of evilkagawa from my timeline. That got old very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

just had to turn off gillette soccer saturday. complaining we are signing another left back :D

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Worth selling Kags just to get rid of evilkagawa from my timeline. That got old very quickly.
    You could unfollow him too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Ed The Equalizer

Still no Rafael?

If we bought another right back we could play 4-3-3 and never need to play Young and Valencia again

You could unfollow him too?

I don't follow him. He gets RTs a plenty.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭twam2008

Waking up to Blind signing and interview with new man Angel di Maria after the break. Is it Christmas already? 7-0!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Thread wont make it to the end of the transfer window. I think Man Utd should get it's own forum considering the traffic volumes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Taok wrote: »
    Still no Rafael?

If we bought another right back we could play 4-3-3 and never need to play Young and Valencia again

Coleman would have been a great signing, bonus that hes irish too :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement