Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/08

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Ed The Equalizer

DiMaria seems dead sound and should be great for the squad

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭twam2008

Thread wont make it to the end of the transfer window. I think Man Utd should get it's own forum considering the traffic volumes.

Redcaf :)

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭hogandrew

Metro reporting United are after Ricardo Carvalho. I'd love to know how they pick their stories

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Ander Herrera Athletic Bilbao £29.0m
    Angel di Maria Real Madrid £59.7m
    Marcos Rojo Sporting Lisbon £16.0m
    Luke Shaw Southampton £27.0m
    Daley Blind Ajax £13.8m

So Far - £145.5m - ~ €184m

Spectacular money from United - Certainly needed and you would never know... we might not be finished just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Thread wont make it to the end of the transfer window. I think Man Utd should get it's own forum considering the traffic volumes.

Won't make it to the end of day I think...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

magnumbud wrote: »
    just had to turn off gillette soccer saturday. complaining we are signing another left back :D

British analysis at it's finest.

He won the player of the year award when he moved to a defensive/controlling midfield position.

But very versatile player - brilliant player in the world cup in his old LB position. He's only 24 and improving all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

hogandrew wrote: »
    Metro reporting United are after Ricardo Carvalho. I'd love to know how they pick their stories

They have a fool proof two dartboard system. They put clubs on one dartboard and players on the other. Two darts later an exclusive is born from a club insider.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

What kind of midfielder is lucas silva? Herrera type?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I stand by my "Evans is finished" claim.

Brain-dead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

duffman13 wrote: »
    They have a fool proof two dartboard system. They put clubs on one dartboard and players on the other. Two darts later an exclusive is born from a club insider.

I always picture the journalists having their own World Cup type draw. Clubs in pot 1, players in pot 2, fee in pot 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,929 ✭✭✭KH25

Lads open question, how in the name of god does Valencia get near the first team?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

KH25 wrote: »
    Lads open question, how in the name of god does Valencia get near the first team?

Lack of options currently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

irishfeen wrote: »
    Ander Herrera Athletic Bilbao £29.0m
    Angel di Maria Real Madrid £59.7m
    Marcos Rojo Sporting Lisbon £16.0m
    Luke Shaw Southampton £27.0m
    Daley Blind Ajax £13.8m

So Far - £145.5m - ~ €184m

Spectacular money from United - Certainly needed and you would never know... we might not be finished just yet.

Blind confirmed?

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Lack of options currently.

I hope that's the case. He's been given far too many chances.

We're probably the most boring team in the Premier League to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Blind confirmed?

Just waiting on medical to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

The team is crying out for one tough tackling CM,a player that will get stuck in.

I long for the day when Valencia, young and fletch aren't in the starting 11 or the bench.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

The team is crying out for one tough tackling CM,a player that will get stuck in.

And who will take the ball from the defense and work it up the field in an intelligent manner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

KH25 wrote: »
    I long for the day when Valencia, young and fletch aren't in the starting 11 or the bench.

Especially fletcher, I like him more than the other two but he's finished

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Van Persie has been awful he looks nowhere near fit.
    Mata is having to drop way too deep to receive the ball.
    Young and Valencia offer nothing going forward.

Rooney and RVP doesn't work, stop trying to force it.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭fitzer1982

FutureGuy wrote: »
    And who will take the ball from the defense and work it up the field in an intelligent manner.

Bingo that's the problem no connection between defense and midfield. Mata Di Maria too far away and Fletcher not showing for the ball. Need someone to grab the ball and dictate the play instead of this long ball crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

FutureGuy wrote: »

i would banning the defence from punting unless absolutely necessary

the mata young fletch and val all need to get their head up and look for passes too i saw a lot of opportunities missed because the player wasnt aware of his team mates

Di maria looks great considering he hasnt really trained with the team

and burnley is a kip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Fair play to Di Maria, he's been the only positive on the field and he's been at the club two days. Hopefully we don't ruin him...

As above, the defence and the forwards look like two different teams playing on opposite sides of a river, there is no connection between them at all.

The performance would be much improved if they were properly linked. United looked to shake off the nerves in the last five minutes or so, I was begging for half time at about 35 minutes, but in the end I think it came at a bad time.

Young actually hasn't been too bad in fairness...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Where will Mata play? He's not a wide man, he's not a central midfielder if wing backs are the system he's a No 10 or nothing and Di Maria needs to play there surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Not sure why our wing backs get any criticism, This system is awful, wingbacks are double teamed and that's it. They can't offer width and no other player to make runs from deep to to drag defenders away.

This 3-5-2 is so bloody useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Not sure why our wing backs get any criticism, This system is awful, wingbacks are double teamed and that's it. They can't offer width and no other player to make runs from deep to to drag defenders away.

This 3-5-2 is so bloody useless.
    It's not useless. We just don't have the players to suit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

I still have my doubts about Young and Valencia as wing backs, they might prove me wrong but I always get the sense that they seem a bit lost to their role and don't know exactly what they are meant to be doing.

Rafael and Shaw would fix that I think. Good getting forward and more importantly good defending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Our forward 3 are so fecking useless atm. They need to start taking their chances.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Any system can work if the right players are picked.
    This system depends hugely on the wing backs. On the left side the problem is young picked the ball up and turning back because he is right footed.
    On the right side is Valencia who can't play football properly.
    Add to that fletcher in the middle who isn't near good enough anymore.
    The defence has to keep playing it long.
    They have no options ahead of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    It's not useless. We just don't have the players to suit it.

Yeah you can add 3-5-2 is bloody useless for this team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭Danye

With Cleverly finally, hopefully being shown the door we need to get rid of Young and maybe Valencia.

With Cleverly finally, hopefully being shown the door we need to get rid of Young and maybe Valencia.

Danye wrote: »

We should just release them. Forget trying to sell them. They're stealing wages at this stage. Awful, awful players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

why arent giggs/ van gaal in the technical area getting involved, both happy to sit and wait and see

Top 4 with this? You're having a laugh.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

J. Marston wrote: »
    Top 4 with this? You're having a laugh.

And Herrera, Shaw, Carrick, Smalling, Blind, Rafael...

Rooney has been awful. Contributing very very little if anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

An File wrote: »
    And Herrera, Shaw, Carrick, Smalling, Blind, Rafael...

Doesn't matter if LVG continues with this formation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Anderson, ANDERSON, WE'RE DOOOOOMED.

Anderson, ANDERSON, WE'RE DOOOOOMED.

He'll be positive. Driving runs with pace. We need a lift.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Wouldnt ya love if Valenica had some kind of ****ing skills to get pass a defender

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Di maria looks a cut above but Mata looked a cut above when he played his first game and look at how he's playing lately. Di maria is the only player worth watching in the team at the moment

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

TheTownie wrote: »
    Doesn't matter if LVG continues with this formation.

Of course it matters ffs.

Headshot wrote: »
    Wouldnt ya love if Valenica had some kind of ****ing skills to get pass a defender

Even if he could play an accurate forward ball or a measured accurate cross picking out somebody would do.

Instead he wants to play sidewards / backward passes and attempt to drill a hit and hope cross across the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

The number of injuries is a major issue for LVG at the moment so I'd reserve judgement on his philosophy bs until he gets a run together with his first team. My one concern is that he's failing badly with his alleged "motivator of men" skills. Excuses are all well and good but to be struggling like we are against the teams we've played so far is laughable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I ****ing hate you Valencia. One trick pony

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

??? Miguel Delaney on 14th of August said we would sign 4 players, he even named them.

Rojo
    Di Maria
    Blind
    Vidal

3 out of 3 so far. i dont think this mans integrity can ever be called into question again.

Did Miguel "break" the Rojo, Di Maria and Blind deals, or did he just speculate they were targets? Was it before or after Rojo had refused to train with Sporting? Was it before or after the vast majority of press said Utd had interest in Di Maria? Is there a point asking when he "broke" our interest in Blind given he's been talked about all Summer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I'm actually shouting at the tv. Thats something i dont do but the casual nature of our players gets under my skin. They are the complete opposite of alert.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement