Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/08

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I really hate young and valencia as players

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Antonio Valencia is a diabolical footballer. Actually it's not even correct to describe him as a footballer. Would love to see him retire or just give up. He should never wear that jersey!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭hogandrew

Headshot wrote: »
    I ****ing hate you Valencia. One trick pony

What is this trick? Why doesn't he use it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,929 ✭✭✭KH25

Valencia disgusts me. He's a talentless fool. He should be given away for free. A winger who cannot cross a ball FFS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Valencia must think defenders are ghosts. Someone should tell him the ball doesn't pass through them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Anyone still talking about Evans as the best centre half at the club also need to apologise for ever making that statement. Its like he's drunk at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

hogandrew wrote: »
    What is this trick? Why doesn't he use it?

Pace and he's dreadful at that too

I have never been so furious with this team. We're riddled with mediocrity right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Fergie would have been out of the dugout shouting like a lunatic about that handball.

Van Gaal is just sitting there unconcerned?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

We are in quite a bit of bother. Performances are dire

• Advertisement

Just get a sloppy goal please.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭hogandrew

Headshot wrote: »
    Pace and he's dreadful at that too

Hopefully the next trick he learns is how to disappear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭ician

mata makes me sad

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Really stresses how much we need to get the transfers fit and in; missing 6 first team members is leaving us hurt.

Meanwhile, as captain, Rooney was beyond useless; his passing was dire, and he seemed utterly bored for chunks of the game. Valencia, Young and Fletcher shouldn't be in the first team.

DiMaria looked good for a debut, Mata was very spotty.

2 points from those 9 though is very, very disappointing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Does he really have to play 5 at the back against burnley??? rubbish defending and cant go forward. What chance do we have against the bgi teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Kagawa

I'm not able to watch the match, but it sounds like we might be in serious trouble because we didn't get the CB CM spine sorted out with top notch players,

On that game, none of young Valencia or fletch should ever play for united again.

I'll admit it, I'm furious. This is ridiculous now.

If this pushes a transfer or two over the line in the next 2 days then so be it but this at the moment has my blood boiling.

I'm going out my back to furious clean the garden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

9 points out 9 we said. Be grand we said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Relying on Anderson off the bench is a bad sign. He's so overweight and doesn't look like he's ran in 2 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

I don't understand why we have to play 3-5-2 against relegation fodder. It's poor management by Van Gaal and he needs to really start to see sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

At least we didn't lose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Hopefully the first 11 will look an a awful lot different for the next game. There's too many players that played the opening 3 games that I never want to see in a United shirt again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Lads that's three dire performances out of three. Now I know we have a huge amount of injuries but why is Van Gaal continuing to stick with 3-5-2? It's just not the formation to play with the players he currently has. I've also been very disappointed with the lack of changes made by LVG during the game. The gameplan at 94 minutes was the exact same as the first minute. What's going on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

So the system didn't change in the second half?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Another 90 minutes of awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Should've sold Rooney when we had the chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Nolars wrote: »
    Does he really have to play 5 at the back against burnley??? rubbish defending and cant go forward. What chance do we have against the bgi teams.

I think it's more so getting the players used to his formation. It's clear this is the formation he wants and he's willing to cost points now in an attempt to get players used to it.

I suppose most have called for a rebuild at the club and that's what were getting, it won't happen over night though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Mata and Rooney were the problem 2day. Not valencia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Easy target Young getting slated when Valencia,Evans mata and even rooney were way worse.

Wish LVG would be a little more vocal and **** that black folder away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Relying on Anderson off the bench is a bad sign. He's so overweight and doesn't look like he's ran in 2 years.

Ffs he isn't overweight.

If he is, then I'm morbidly obese.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Shocking match shocking result. Look at the 3 teams we've played and then the fact we have only taken 2 points off them.

I know we have injuries but that's going to happen again at some stage in the season and we'll be ****ed again then.

**** absolute **** won't get a sniff of top 4 and anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

I thought we put this overweight lark to bed.

He's rubbish

He's lazy

He's crap

He's got no stamina

but overweight? Nope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭ician

I really thought Anderson would never be near the squad again after the MK dons game, shocking stuff him playing for us in the premier league, if no more midfielders are signed we are in so much trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Robson99 wrote: »

Sorry but that is rubbish. Valencia wasted possession every time he got the ball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Does the philosophy involve having 3 cb's against a team who never looked like scoring? With Adnan and the likes on the bench 4-3-3 should of been the formation. Also young and valencia should never play again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

That formation with those players is bollox.

Three center backs is not working one bit when you have ****ing planks like Evans who seems to under cook every bloody pass.

Young and Valencia well there worth one or two crosses at best a game.

Hopefully when we get Shaw and Rafael/Blind in that will work better but i cant see cb improving with those players.

Rooney and Van persie where awful Mata was pure ****e as well.

Di Maria did ok least looked like he wanted to create things but god what happened to the free flowing passing team we had in pre season ??

Anyway i think at this stage there is no longer any easy games. We cant go into the fixture list and think ahhh we beat them no bother! Gone are those days the way things stand.

Being honest i dont think it matters who the **** we sign in the next few days Ronaldo or Messi wouldnt even make a difference in this team right now because the system is awful and doesnt suit these players.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Populist bollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭dor843088

Players should be wearing balaclavas when collecting their wages. Valencia seems to have forgotten his job is to beat a player and cross to a teammate. Fletcher has dropped neatly into cleverlys shoes hiding from the ball and leaving the back three with little or no options . Youv got paid enough lads now F#ck off !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

It's valencia's job to try and create something and he continues to disappoint. Over hit balls and trying to break shins with his crossing is his forte.

I agree with you on Mata he is a luxury player that can only play with a solid team around him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Sorry but that is rubbish. Valencia wasted possession every time he got the ball.

They were all rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Of course it matters ffs.

Utd's best XI != 3-5-2 or any variation that involves 3 CBs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭rockal

Think I remember us playing better football the year we were relegated in '74

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

Someone call Shinji.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Rooney and van persie were equally terrible. Mata just looks lost. Blind will be a huge upgrade on fletcher, just need a centre back now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

QPR at Old Trafford next up.

Surely. Fúcking surely.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

The lack of imagination from individual players is shocking. Can coaches put too much emphasis on the tactics leaving little room for fluidity & improvisation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭BenK

That was hard to watch. The players are so static in possession. The amount of times Evans, Valencia, Young etc received the ball and just stopped while looking to give a telegraphed pass was unbelievable. It's so easy to play against. Really no part of the team is functioning right at the moment.

On the plus side I thought Di Maria looked lively and incisive and he should turn out to be a good signing.

Will be interesting to see if anyone else is brought in because more players are needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Here's my view of the whole thing.

Positives: Clean Sheet and some flashes from Di Maria
    Negatives: Still looks shaky and unconfident with this formation

VG will continue with this formation. It's clear it is a formation he desires for us so I don't see why he will change it. A rebuild is a long process and will require some patience.

Surprisingly Evans has looked the shakiest of the centre backs. If asked before the season I would have thought Jones and Blackett would be the worry but Evans doesn't look like he's up to the pace yet.

I still am not sold on Young and Valencia as wing backs. They seem to be sitting rather deep at times for me and when they do get the ball out wide I don't have confidence that they will create too much. (EDIT: Not blaming them for the mach today just talking about them in general)

Saying that we have to remember the injuries we have. Also out of our signings Shaw, Rojo and Herrera were not available. No doubt with Shaw, Rojo, Herrera, Blind and Di Maria in the team we should start to see huge improvements. It will take time but I reckon once the players get into the swing of it, it will be worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

GSPfan wrote: »
    Anyone still talking about Evans as the best centre half at the club also need to apologise for ever making that statement. Its like he's drunk at times.

Evans is the best centre half at the club Jones starting the season well and Evans having a poor start doesn't change that fact.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement