Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/08

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

I'm very annoyed, but things will get better as soon as we start getting players back from injury. Herrera, shaw, blind and rafeal would make a hell of a difference.

Fletcher, young, Valencia. It's the same every time they play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Van Persie wasn't useless, he was the only who looked like he could score. The shot in the first half and cleared off the line in the second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Rooney rvp mata were dreadful valencia young dire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

The lack of chances being created really is shocking. The tempo of the play is just too slow.

Only for Jones today we probably would have lost.

Having said that I thought we should have had two stonewall penos.

Di Maria I thought was very impressive on his debut. Thought Mata was absolutely shocking. You really do have to wonder if there is room in the team for the front three with what's behind them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

hogandrew wrote: »
    What is this trick? Why doesn't he use it?

He is very good at getting space waiting for the defender and kicking it off him hard to win a corner he is actually an expert at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Very very poor today again - lack of form from Rooney, Mata and RVP is very worrying.... we might need the cheque book again before monday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

If anyone ever tries to defend Valencia again a video of his highlights from today should be posted instead of writing anything. That was the most pathetic performance ive ever seen from him, and ive seen some pathetic performances.
    Every time we created any space it resulted in the ball falling to Valencia and he would just boot the ball out of play. That time he stood on the half way line and waited before tumping it back to de gea summed him up perfectly.

I'm livid at the minute so maybe im going over board, but he is simply pathetic. A disgrace to think he was ever number 7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭ician

adox wrote: »
    The lack of chances being created really is shocking. The tempo of the play is just too slow.

Di Maria I thought was very impressive on his debut. Thought Mata was absolutely shocking. You really do have to wonder if there is room in the team for the front three with what's behind them.

Mata should be dropped, if there was someone to replace him. but there isn't so he won't be. He clearly can't fulfill the role, he is a great player but not in this system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

RVP is not sharp yet thats for all to see. Dunno what Rooney was at would of been better beside Di Maria. Mata went missing. Young and Valencia as we have known for years are not up to it and dont think will play with rojo and blind in now. Fletcher wont play when carrick and herrera are back.

• Advertisement

Jaysus I thought RVP did ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Populist bollocks.

Oh I'm sorry, is it populist bollocks because it goes against the opinion of the "elite" in here? Open your eyes, he's overweight and not fit. He used to be a lot leaner and it's not muscle he's put on in recent times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Evans is the best centre half at the club Jones starting the season well and Evans having a poor start doesn't change that fact.

You my friend are bat shít crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Populist bollocks.

What do you disagree with? It is worrying that he is one of our best options off the bench. He does look overweight\out of shape, whatever you want to call it.

He alone is not the reason why we are't winning but he is not the quality of player we need

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

I thought De Gea was very sharp today as well, you could see he was getting rather frustrated at times.

I think Jones and De Gea will have a big job this year in helping the team while they are getting used to the formation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

RVP(31) & Rooney (29) soon are both in decline imo. Both lack pace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

Fletch needs to be kept as far away from the team as possible. he contributes absolutely nothing anymore. he deserves a lot of credit to be back to any level of professional football after the illness he had but that level is not united standard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Good analysis on bt. The problem is how the possession is used at the back. Too slow. Poor passing. Nervous. Wing backs can't carry the ball forward.

The rest of the team becomes ineffective.

Fletch needs to be kept as far away from the team as possible. he contributes absolutely nothing anymore. he deserves a lot of credit to be back to any level of professional football after the illness he had but that level is not united standard

He wont get near it when carrick and herrera are back also blind can play in the role.

What's the story with De Gea his kicking is usually very good he has been shocking this season with passing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Thought I'd compile a short list of the bad points from today's game.
    • De Gea passing the ball to the defenders, the defenders passing it back to him due to lack of options, De Gea kicking the ball long or out of play after that.
    • Defenders looking to pass to midfield and only seeing Fletcher surrounded by Burnley players - back to De Gea it is so.
    • The lack of power almost everyone put into short passes today, special mentions go to Evans, Mata and Rooney. The game moved at an almost pedestrian pace as a result.
    • The genuine slow pace we did everything with.
    • The amount of misplaced or over hit passes - Mata was very guilty of this sadly.
    • The amount of overhit crosses.
    • The amount of intercepted crosses - hello, my name is Valencia I like to blast the ball off the defender rather than try to beat him and get a cross in.
    • RVP strolling through the game and contributing almost nothing.
    • The lack of any chances or even shots on target.
    • The fact Burnley looked so comfortable and pissed all over our midfield.
    • LVG doing nothing to change things.
    • Anderson, Wellbeck and Januzaj looking bored as **** when they came on.
    • The complete lack of belief that we would score a late goal.
    • Michael Owen's commentary.

The good?
    • We didn't lose.
    • I really like Blackett, looked like our most comfortable player on the ball and that's including the whole team.
    • Di Maria actually injecting a bit of pace into the team and picking out a few good passes. Just a shame we didn't use his strengths in the 3-5-2 formation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭xtal191

God I hope we sign more players before the deadline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

What's the story with De Gea his kicking is usually very good he has been shocking this season with passing.

Nah he's about the only one who is actually fine. Evans keeps under hitting passes to his weaker foot.

MD1990 wrote: »

RVP is not match fit at all. The problem is not them it's the fact the midfield offers no creativity.

There was no other option today really though.

The depressing thing is we won't sign another midfielder in this window.

Must start checking the fixtures to see when we are playing a half decent team. Hopefully far far away as there's a lot of work to be done to get this team playing well, even when the injured players come back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

New thread soon hopefully with confirmation of both Rojo and Blind, and at least 4 players gone for good and no serious injuries from today's game, not that much to ask for is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

United look a team really low in confidence, given that and the adapting to a new system, new players and the injuries they have means turning the corner will be hard.

I think they the need just one win and they'll start pushing forward, the international break will help too

Another 2 players in plz and 2 weeks off get most players back bring on QPR..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Hes been put under constant pressure by his defense. Its only natural when u have ****ing dopes playing short and mistimed passes back to you your just gonna wack it.

Of all the players out there De Gea is the last one i can have any issues with its clear he was pissed off today rightly so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

MD1990 wrote: »

United have the best strike force in the league, fact. Both players are off form is all and will get better.

Rooney is 28 btw

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

J. Marston wrote: »
    Van Persie wasn't useless, he was the only who looked like he could score. The shot in the first half and cleared off the line in the second half.

I feel he was off the mark today, constantly a step or two behind, but showing that it's just a case of waking up a bit after no pre-season. He was poor, but the signs were there.

Rooney, on the other hand, doesn't have that excuse, nor did he look dangerous at all today. I really do wish he could be dropped, rather than made captain :(

DiMaria carved the team open once or twice, which was brilliant to see. Could do with another player capable of dong it too, but it will be for nougat if Rooney and RVP don't wake up quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

One of the midfield 2 should be falling back to offer an option in the middle to the back three.

I've noticed in the last few games that none of them are doing this.

We don't have a natural defensive mid to link up the play so the back 3 end up passing it around, the wide backs have pushed too far up for an easy pass so they end up hoofing it.

Vidal would have been masterful for this role.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

It's so discouraging to think that we are still sitting here watching the team play a formation that isn't working for them. This was the kind of nonsense that was supposed to stamped out this season.

I have always thought it was going to take more than one summer to get the squad back to top quality. Hopefully, we will have players fit after the international break and we can kick on. My fear now is that this poor start (for however long it goes on) will see us lose out on fourth in the end, in turn costing LVG his job. Then we are back to square one again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

United have the best strike force in the league, fact. Both players are off form is all and will get better.

Rooney is 28 btw

Id take Citys any day of the week over ours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

de gea
    rafael - jones - rojo/evans - shaw
    ----herrara- blind- di maria----
    mata
    ---van persie - rooney--

This seems to be the best options with players there,any idea how long it will take to get this team out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭keano25

They were all dog ****e, except for Di Maria who showed some nice touches but clearly not match fit. Give him a week training with Utd and he'll be dog ****e too, don't worry.

I really like Blackett, looked like our most comfortable player on the ball and that's including the whole team.

You have got to be kidding? Most comfortable player on the ball? He's not even the most comfortable defender on the ball. He looks a promising defender but his distribution and use of the ball is awful. Always looking for the long ball and giving possession away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Oh I'm sorry, is it populist bollocks because it goes against the opinion of the "elite" in here? Open your eyes, he's overweight and not fit. He used to be a lot leaner and it's not muscle he's put on in recent times.

What a porker!

dK3MW73.png

You have got to be kidding? Most comfortable player on the ball? He's not even the most comfortable defender on the ball. He looks a promising defender but his distribution and use of the ball is awful. Always looking for the long ball and giving possession away.

Hes been better than Evans anyhow

I wish I was as "fat" as Anderson :(

• Advertisement

Ireland Trends · Change
    Anderson
    #YNWADaniel
    #EP2014
    Burnley
    Blind
    Agger
    #MUFC
    United
    Di Maria
    #Happy21stBirthdayLiam

:D

Just like to point out;

'Daley Blind (born 9 March 1990) is a Dutch professional footballer who plays as a left back and defensive midfielder for Ajax'

'Ander Herrera Agüera (born 14 August 1989) is a Spanish professional footballer who plays as a central midfielder for English club Manchester United'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭ician

de gea
    rafael - jones - rojo/evans - shaw
    ----herrara- blind- di maria----
    mata
    ---van persie - rooney--

This seems to be the best options with players there,any idea how long it will take to get this team out?

depends how stubborn LVG really is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Nope, not kidding. He has very good close control and that's what I'm talking about, not his passing ability. His distribution wasn't great today because of the lack of passing options and the fact he's young. But as he matures and we start to play better I think he'll be a great defender for us.

LVG saying he hopes Rojo will have a permit by QPR. Presumably he'll need to be registered soon though, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Rooney is 28 btw

Best strike force? 3 seasons ago ya but now both are a busted flush. City are way ahead and probably liverpool.

As much as ye need a DM ye badly need a world class striker, RVP and rooney are only going to get worse.

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Just like to point out;

'Daley Blind (born 9 March 1990) is a Dutch professional footballer who plays as a left back and defensive midfielder for Ajax'

'Ander Herrera Agüera (born 14 August 1989) is a Spanish professional footballer who plays as a central midfielder for English club Manchester United'

What are you pointing out that anyone here doesn't know? Not trying to be smart but I genuinely confused.

rob316 wrote: »
    Best strike force? 3 seasons ago ya but now both are a busted flush

Ha. Come back at the end of the season and let's see what you have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

https://twitter.com/FrankRonald1970/status/505689093389697024

Sorry if posted already but a bit of real class from Ajax manager Frank de Boer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

What a porker!

dK3MW73.png

Clearly sucking it in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im not that worried lands. Im disappointed of course but we have injuries and a new style of playing. Its going to take time. We just have to keep the faith

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement