Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/08

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Half-time in Juve vs Chievo.

Vidal did his usual stuff. Had effort cleared off the line, hit the post with a header, made standing tackles, sliding tackles.

If Utd had reservations about his fitness, they could have given him a strict medical but this idea that Utd should hold back altogether because of his injury is just a cop out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

TheTownie wrote: »

Vidal did his usual stuff. Had effort cleared off the line, hit the post with a header, made standing tackles, sliding tackles.

If Utd had reservations about his fitness, they could have given him a strict medical but this idea that Utd should hold back altogether because of his injury is just a cop out.

Game is at a snails pace but Vidal and Pogba are class. Pogba is some specimen, absolute monster and Vidal is everywhere. Ed needs to just sign Vidal and get it over with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭rockal

United not after Carvalho and cool on Vidal
    Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/338421.html#coKBI2UuJMeToauV.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Can we do a swap deal for coleman and give them Valancia and 10m?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Nolars wrote: »

Why would they want to swap one of the most effective right sided players in the league for possibly the least effective?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

From SSN:

Netherlands international Daley Blind has been talking about his impending move to Manchester United from Ajax.

"I am enormously proud to be at one of the biggest clubs in the world. I got a call on Friday night that the clubs had agreed a deal. I was with my girlfriend and we went to my parents to drink a glass of wine."

I like him already :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Obviously it is too early for LVG out nonsense but how many games without a win before it starts ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Nolars wrote: »

If Shaw is 30 million Coleman is in a similar price bracket. Fantastic full back and probably gonna be the best in the league for the next 3 - 4 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Obviously it is too early for LVG out nonsense but how many games without a win before it starts ?

Shouldnt happen this season at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭xtal191

He'll end up at Bayern or Madrid next season

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Headshot wrote: »
    Shouldnt happen this season at all
    I know I'm fairly biased on the issue but why wasn't Moyes accorded this opportunity too?? ... That's the issue I always had.

irishfeen wrote: »
    I know I'm fairly biased on the issue but why wasn't Moyes accorded this opportunity too?? ... That's the issue I always had.

Quite easy because he's is a ****e manager

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Delboy5

This just makes me feel worse....

Quite easy because is a ****e manager
    His record at Everton clearly showed that he was very far from a s.hite manager...

His record at Everton clearly showed that he was very far from a s.hite manager...

He's a ****e manager at the top lvl of football then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Valencia is pure poison. He really was at his worst today.
    Young, although not quite as bad was also very poor.
    Fletcher continues to show us that he is nowhere near good enough to be a first team player.
    Rooney and Mata had terrible games
    RVP was average

Di Maria looked decent. When he's up to speed for us he will be brilliant.

This international break couldn't have come at a better time for us. Get our injured lads back and get properly read for our first win of the season against QPR.

Very poor start to the season but things will start coming together soon. I can handle a few bad results while the team is getting used to the new "philosophy". I have faith in LVG to get this group of players performing well.

Also, delighted we are signing Blind. I think he will prove to be a very smart buy, especially at the prices quoted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

If Blind is our only signing we will miss out on top 4 IMO

And RVP and Rooney isn't working, both have to move a lot more to stretch the defence but we don't see it at all

He's a ****e manager at the top lvl of football then
    Fairly simplistic view of things really...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Mata spent more time in his own half looking for the ball then he did in Burnley's half no wonder he was poor.

Mata, Rooney and RVP are going to continue to struggle unless they get a competent midfield behind them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Watched the match earlier and then went out with my mates. The bloody jokes all day :D Just reading the humor forums and on reddit, there are some gems doing the oudns. Its not an easy time to be a UTD fan atm.

I hope LVG turns this around quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Completely different circumstances and managers but I dont believe you don't know the reasons , it's been done to death on here.

Fabregas is bossing it today. He looks like the best summer signing so far imo and could be the top MF in the league. Such a shame LVG didn't want him.

adox wrote: »
    Completely different circumstances and managers but I dont believe you don't know the reasons , it's been done to death on here.
    Aye I know but LVG shouldn't be protected from criticism either ... LVG will be a massive success at United I'm almost certain and i'm 110% behind him but calling Moyes a s.hite manager is a bit much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Any wide player will:

A - take on the full back, get to the byline and pass the ball across the box

B - cut inside the full back and drive at goal

C - cut inside the full back get into the box and drag a central defender out of position then pull the ball back to a striker who is now free.

D - whip crosses in from deeper areas if he hasn't the beating of the full back

E - drive into the middle to pull the full back out of position, then play in a striker or midfielder who has moved into the space vacated by the full back.

Valencia either stops and passes the ball backward or does a short run along the line and lash the ball against the defender's shins.
    This is scandalous stuff really. How this spoofer can be paid a fortune at a top club baffles me. He should be sent packing after that performance. It's totally unacceptable and must drive his teammates mental!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Mata spent more time in his own half looking for the ball then he did in Burnley's half no wonder he was poor.

Mata, Rooney and RVP are going to continue to struggle unless they get a competent midfield behind them.

Mata, Rooney and RVP are going to struggle full stop. The three of them just doesn't work, someone has to lose out.

I would drop Rooney but I think Mata is going to be one sacrificed.

Any wide player will:

C - cut inside the full back get into the box and drag a central defender out of position then pull the ball back to a striker who is now free.

E - drive into the middle to pull the full back out of position, then play in a striker or midfielder who has moved into the space vacated by the full back.

Valencia either stops and passes the ball backward or does a short run along the line and lash the ball against the defender's shins.
    This is scandalous stuff really. How this spoofer can be paid a fortune at a top club baffles me. He should be sent packing after that performance. It's totally unacceptable and must drive his teammates mental!!

What I'll never accept Utd giving him a new contract. Disgraceful decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

Fabregas is bossing it today. He looks like the best summer signing so far imo and could be the top MF in the league. Such a shame LVG didn't want him.

Wouldnt say bossing it. Playing well. McCarthy and Barry holding their own. Fantastic match. 2 competent, competitive midfields. Heartbreaking to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Vidal waving and blowing kisses to Juventus fans.

ArturOn !

Vidal lasted 86 mins. Much the same from him in 2nd half, covered a lot of ground. Chievo were shít thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Any wide player will:

vaas_insane_speech_by_penguininpanic-d5r68of.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,384 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Aye I know but LVG shouldn't be protected from criticism either ... LVG will be a massive success at United I'm almost certain and i'm 110% behind him but calling Moyes a s.hite manager is a bit much.

It's because Moyes was a far easier target and it's since become clear it's more the players fault than anything he did. This is why I wanted him kept on. LVG may work out better but he's here for 3-4 seasons probably max and I'd like to see what Moyes could have done with a good run at the Summer and a full preseason instead of the scrambling around that's happening now.

They ruined Di Maria day!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

beno619 wrote: »
    Vidal waving and blowing kisses to Juventus fans.

ArturOn !

Seriously? Did it genuinely seem like he was saying goodbye?

Mocha Joe wrote: »
    Wouldnt say bossing it. Playing well. McCarthy and Barry holding their own. Fantastic match. 2 competent, competitive midfields. Heartbreaking to see.

McCarthy and Barry are playing well no doubt but Cesc has given the through balls for both goals and put Costa in another for one on one which he should have finished. His passing is very sharp and inciscive. Everything ours lacks in the centre right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

McCarthy and Barry are playing well no doubt but Cesc has given the through balls for both goals and put Costa in another for one on one which he should have finished. His passing is very sharp and inciscive. Everything ours lacks in the centre right now.
    Cesc is the class ball player on the pitch alright. If he was only allowed use his left foot he'd be twice the player Fletcher/Anderson/Cleverley/Fellaini.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

I'm guessing he is being sarcastic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

J. Marston wrote: »
    Mata, Rooney and RVP are going to struggle full stop. The three of them just doesn't work, someone has to lose out.

I would drop Rooney but I think Mata is going to be one sacrificed.

I will wait to see them play in front of a decent midfield before i make my judgement.

Hococop wrote: »
    I'm guessing he is being sarcastic

No. There were exaggerated waves and blew a kiss.

Make of it what you will.
    Probably nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

No. There were exaggerated waves and blew a kiss.

Make of it what you will.
    Probably nothing.

No I meant was beano sarcastic saying it was a sign Vidal is might leave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

havn't watched the game but from what I read about the game it appears to be what I expected it to be.

Valencia and Young rubbish at creating or working as wing backs. Di Maria, Mata and Fletcher a poor midfield, a lack of pace up top.

whatever about the performance today - the players we have coming in to the side, hopefully for the next game, will improve things a lot.

De Gea
    Rafael--Jones--Smalling--Shaw
    Blind/Carrick--Herrera
    Januzaj----Mata
    Di Mara
    Rooney/RVP.

Reckon that would get better performances; could also see a flatter three of Herrera, Blind and Di Maria, with a front 3 taken from Mata, Rooney, RVP and Januzaj.

Rafael, Shaw, Smalling, Rojo, Blind, Carrick, Herrera all possibly available for the next game - a lot of difference to the side possible.

Midfield and defence still needs work - and the lack of pace in RVP/Rooney is a problem.

• Advertisement

havn't watched the game but from what I read about the game it appears to be what I expected it to be.

Valencia and Young rubbish at creating or working as wing backs. Di Maria, Mata and Fletcher a poor midfield, a lack of pace up top.

whatever about the performance today - the players we have coming in to the side, hopefully for the next game, will improve things a lot.

De Gea
    Rafael--Jones--Smalling--Shaw
    Blind/Carrick--Herrera
    Januzaj----Mata
    Di Mara
    Rooney/RVP.

Reckon that would get better performances; could also see a flatter three of Herrera, Blind and Di Maria, with a front 3 taken from Mata, Rooney, RVP and Januzaj.

Rafael, Shaw, Smalling, Rojo, Blind, Carrick, Herrera all possibly available for the next game - a lot of difference to the side possible.

Midfield and defence still needs work - and the lack of pace in RVP/Rooney is a problem.

Hopefully the side shapes up like that after the international break. Time for LVG to show his well documented balls and drop one of Mata/Rooney/RVP.

The team needs more movement and pace in the final third.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Blind over at Bridgewater at the moment

BwTotAxIYAAqCOx.png

BwTpAKUIMAAwc9w.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Honestly its hard to tell, he got a standing ovation.

Seemed strange for the first game of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

That's bollox! No way 5m is the difference between the player coming or staying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

How long will mata be out ?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

beno619 wrote: »
    Honestly its hard to tell, he got a standing ovation.

Seemed strange for the first game of the season.
    Goal's commentary.
    87'
    Vidal has been brought off to a great reception from the crowd. He seemed very emotional walking off the pitch, could that have been a goodbye? Juventus still keeping the ball, this time Lichtsteiner forces a corner but it comes to nothing.

Maybe we were waiting to see how his knee would fair in another match...?

#dreaming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

2nd last game on MOTD tonight.

Goal's commentary.

Maybe we were waiting to see how his knee would fair in another match...?

#dreaming

Off to bayern so. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Hopefully the side shapes up like that after the international break. Time for LVG to show his well documented balls and drop one of Mata/Rooney/RVP.

The team needs more movement and pace in the final third.

i do wonder if getting Blind and Herrera into midfield and getting two capable attacking full backs in Rafael and Shaw (along with Di Maria, obviously) will get the ball itself moving into the final third quicker, so negate the problem of RVP and Rooney up top. Is the build up being slow and ponderous the issue rather than their lack of pace - would Rooney being as quick as Ronaldo really have improved the performances that much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

How long will mata be out ?

Haven't heard anything but it looked like a tweak of the hamstring rather than anything more serious. Couple of weeks would be my uneducated guess.

Maybe it wouldn't be the worst thing to have him out of the team for a game or two to look at alternatives.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement