Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/08

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Rumors of Rene coming back to ManUtd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Rene coming back is brilliant news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Who saying he is coming back lads? Be great news if true

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Wouldn't get too excited. All seems to stem from a guy on Twitter saying he saw them having dinner or something together, and jumping to conclusions....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Omid Zamani
    @OmldZamani
    #Guarin not called for today's game. 90% he'll leave, he's rejecting all bids because he decided: only Juve or United

BwWoD5JCYAAkE63.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Ed The Equalizer

Thought DiMaria was a massive positive and am looking forward to seeing all the new players together.

However, I'm concerned with the formation. LVG got away with it in the World Cup but it showed itself up with the lack of goals in the knockout stages - we're now seeing the same in the PL.

Would love DeJong and a 10-15m right back as that would give us loads of options for 4-3-3. With the pace of the rebuild we should be in a cracking position by the end of next summers transfer window.

If we could only make one more signing, what position should it be, and who would be the player?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Interesting comparison between Marchisio and Fletcher yesterday.

Marchisio had 87 successful passes, Fletcher had 47.

Herrera should be a help with making that a better number from a United player.

If we could only make one more signing, what position should it be, and who would be the player?

Up front, Messi. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Interesting comparison between Marchisio and Fletcher yesterday.

Marchisio had 87 successful passes, Fletcher had 47.

Herrera should be a help with making that a better number from a United player.

Marchisio is a far superior player to Fletch

• Advertisement

glued wrote: »
    Marchisio is a far superior player to Fletch

Tell me something more oh wise one :pac:

Or would you prefer captain obvious?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

a good ball winning DM and a switch to 442 or 433. someone who will come back looking for the ball and get it to herrera, mata and di maria. dont know who tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

David Jones looked superior to Fletcher yesterday, should we sign him?

Joking aside it'd be nice to get any kind of half decent ball winner at this stage so Di Maria doesn't have to play there and get kicked to bits. He won't last long if he's taking that kind of punishment every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Zico wrote: »
    David Jones looked superior to Fletcher yesterday, should we sign him?

Joking aside it'd be nice to get any kind of half decent ball winner at this stage so Di Maria doesn't have to play there and get kicked to bits. He won't last long if he's taking that kind of punishment every week.

hes a hardened Argentine probably grew up being kicked in the Argentine league. felt he showed his strength yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

You guys above touched on it but it annoys me how DiMaria got tackled a few times yesterday and the commentators said things like "he wont be used to that coming from la liga". Thats utter nonsense. You'd swear la liga is a non contact league the way they are going on.

He may get singled out a bit more but he knows all about tackles i'm sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

This is worrying if true;
    Robin van Persie facing knee operation nightmare, Manchester United fear he may never be 100 per cent again

Robin van Persie may be forced to go under the knife as fears at Manchester United grow that he may never be 100 per cent fit again without a dreaded knee operation.

The Dutch striker was penciled in for surgery last season after injuring his left knee ligaments in the 3-0 win over Olympiakos in February.

However, then-Netherlands manager Louis van Gaal persuaded Van Persie to delay the procedure and manage the injury with rest to ensure he was fit for the World Cup in Brazil.

Now, according to The People, United and new boss Van Gaal know it’s only a matter of time before they lose Van Persie to the treatment table for an extended period of time.

The news may force Van Gaal’s hand in the market, as the loss of Van Persie at any point in the season would leave United significantly short of firepower.

Link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,651 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

If thats true, iv have never seen an injury nightmare like this at our club before. Its really killing us

Further making me fear a striker is now a top priority right now :(

magnumbud wrote: »
    hes a hardened Argentine probably grew up being kicked in the Argentine league. felt he showed his strength yesterday

If that's all he's got then he's in trouble.

60 mins before going off injured isn't great for a guy "hardened in the Argentinian league".

Vidal's knee would have lasted longer than that.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Further making me fear a striker is now a top priority right now :(

lol it would explain all those Cavani rumours :pac::pac:

• Advertisement

Van Gaal will ask for a striker and Woodward will buy him another left back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

The Sunday rags round-up;

The Star

Manchester United could see as many as 11 players either leave or arrive at Old Trafford before Monday's transfer window closes.

The Mirror

Tottenham are confident of tying up a loan move for Manchester United and England striker Danny Welbeck.

Man United's Robin van Persie needs a knee operation, Van Gaal persuaded him not to have before World Cup

Dail Mail

Manchester United are still chasing £30m Arturo Vidal as Tottenham and Everton lead the race for £15m Old Trafford forward Danny Welbeck.

Daley Blind set to join Manchester United as club agrees £13.8m fee with Ajax

Sunday People

United winger Adnan Januzaj has expressed fears over his Old Trafford future, Sunday People Sport has learned that Januzaj refused to hand over his top after the MK Dons defeat, saying: “Sorry, I want to keep it, as it might be my last game.”

Other

Real Madrid have turned their attentions to United's wantaway striker Javier Hernandez, according to reports in Spain. It is reported Carlo Ancelotti's men will table a €20million offer for Hernandez before the window shuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Also explains LVG saying he must choose between Rooney and RVP if he is going to go 433 after the international break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

This is why it will never be a problem having Rooney and RvP in the squad as one is always only an awkward stretch away from injury.

If RvP is injured or is going for surgery then we will see Rooney up top and maybe Januzaj and DiMaria either side of him with Herrera Mata and Blind in midfield.

Tom Hopkinson is not the journo I would expect to be breaking that sort of news from United (RVP).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

You wanna feel depressed. Have a look at league table and now the RVP story for a start to days like no other.

De Gea and rooney to be injured next and be done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

NUTZZ wrote: »
    This is worrying if true;

Link

Just to play devil's advocate, would losing RvP for a couple of months to surgery/recovery cure a headache with the selection formation?

I know it would leave us short of top class quality up front, but it would maybe make it easier to play Rooney up top with Mata in behind and Di Maria/Januzaj providing the attacking threat from wide position.

*Not saying I would be happy, just trying to look at it from another angle, probably still not worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

If rumours of welbeck to spurs and chico to Madrid are true and now rvp I hope Lvg is in talks to sign a striker too 😯

Why didn't Rvp go for surgery after the World Cup if it's needed? Bit of a strange story.

Wouldn't be the worst thing to happen if we lost him to two or three months. Plenty of good options up front.

• Advertisement

Plenty of good options up front.

We really don't if Welbeck and Hernadez are half out the door and Rooney continues recent form...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

People saying it wouldnt be a bad thing to lose RVP for a few months are close to braindead imo.

I second that, if it was needed it would make no sense to delay it into the season (after the world cup that is)

People saying it wouldnt be a bad thing to lose RVP for a few months are close to braindead imo.

Doubt you will find anybody who thinks it wouldn't be a bad thing.

Thanks for that.

If it's going to happen, then we have to deal with it. Obviously it's not ideal and I wouldn't be happy about it!

Still have Rooney, adnan, mata, Di Maria, Wilson available.

kryogen wrote: »
    Doubt you will find anybody who thinks it wouldn't be a bad thing.
    Look at redbarrons post.
    Loseing one of our best strikers for a few months isnt a bad thing?
    Im not even arguing this.

F**k me

• Advertisement

James Wilson will save the day

SSN reporting blind having his medical

RVP out for few months would be a disaster along with all the other injuries, and no positive would come from it.
    Simple as.

Look at redbarrons post.

F**k me

I think Kryo meant find anyone who does not think it would be a bad thing.

I assume redbaron just doesn't think it would be the end of the world, not that it would be good news.

Look at redbarrons post.

F**k me

You certainly aren't, you do seem to having a bit of a hissy fit for whatever reason though

There is a difference in someone saying it wouldn't be the "worst" thing that could happen and saying it wouldn't be a "bad" thing.

Acknowledging the possible relief it would give on the team selection is hardly worthy of being referred to as braindead either.

Nobody wants to see the team missing players through injury, that is pretty obvious.

• Advertisement

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29002328

No surprise that Dele Alli is a wanted lad. Thought he was excellent against United during the week. Far better on Tuesday than any United young players that started on the night.

Please everyone, just stop saying Jehova!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,651 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Ya I dont want them knocking at my door

( I have no idea whats this about)

Look at redbarrons post.

F**k me

I said it wouldn't be the worst thing to happen. Seeing as though we are not short of attacking players. Losing Herrera or De Gea would be a lot more damaging.

Now nobody, and I mean nobody, is to throw a rock until I say so... EVEN if they say Jehovah

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Now nobody, and I mean nobody, is to throw a rock until I say so... EVEN if they say Jehovah

And stay away from the juniper bushes!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

The RVP story makes absolutely no sense. If they knew that Van Persie needed an op, then why not go under the knife after the WC. He'd be 6 weeks into recovery.

It makes no sense and I doubt it's true.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    The RVP story makes absolutely no sense. If they knew that Van Persie needed an op, then why not go under the knife after the WC. He'd be 6 weeks into recovery.

It makes no sense and I doubt it's true.

****e

He must need an operation after all

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    SSN reporting blind having his medical

They're a bit late to the party on this one. There were pictures floating around yesterday of him outside the hospital with Utd officials.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

It's mad to think Kagawa is being moved on.

I'd have him in the starting line up ahead of Mata at this present time.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement