Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/08

1194195196197198200»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

kryogen wrote: »
    You certainly aren't, you do seem to having a bit of a hissy fit for whatever reason though

There is a difference in someone saying it wouldn't be the "worst" thing that could happen and saying it wouldn't be a "bad" thing.

Acknowledging the possible relief it would give on the team selection is hardly worthy of being referred to as braindead either.

Nobody wants to see the team missing players through injury, that is pretty obvious.

Tbf, to say you wouldn't find anyone that would think it wouldn't be a bad thing is a bit ott, he's still arguably our best player after all.

Would be more accurate to say that there are worse things that could happen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

Easiest opening stretch of games in a long time and we've two point from a possible nine.

At what point should we start questioning the manager?

Give him time by all means but I'm starting to worry that my worst fear is actually spot on - That this guy is a has-been and a spoofer who is living off a Champions League victory 20 years ago.

The formation clearly isn't working so why hasn't he tweaked it.

He's reminiscent of Richard Nixon...if two wrongs don't make a right, try three.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Easiest opening stretch of games in a long time and we've two point from a possible nine.

Give him time by all means but I'm starting to worry that my worst fear is actually spot on - That this guy is a has-been and a spoofer who is living off a Champions League victory 20 years ago.

He's reminiscent of Richard Nixon...if two wrongs don't make a right, try three.

Better than Moyes who has no champions league or title to his name.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

It's a sad day when I can recognise the poster by the sheer level of negativity being posted on a regular basis. 3 games in. When should we question the manager.

That's an absolutely stupid post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Yeah call for his resignation larry 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Reading this morning and seeing manager being slated 3 games in is embarrassing tbh. This club needs a complete overhaul which is exactly what van Gaal is here to do. Give him time Rome wasn't built in a day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    Better than Moyes who has no champions league or title to his name.

Strange because Moyes had the three most difficult opening fixtures in the history of the EPL and managed a respectable (given the circumstances) 4 points out of 9.

LVG has had the easiest run of games against three teams who may very well make up the bottom 3 at the end of the season and 2 points out of 9 is actually flattering considering how we've played.

When does one wonder 'what the f*ck?'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

I'm hoping Vidal isnt signed at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

I'm watching the PSV game atm. We missed a trick not signing Depay. Very nice player. Maybe him and Strootman in January to freshen things up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Zico wrote: »
    If that's all he's got then he's in trouble.

60 mins before going off injured isn't great for a guy "hardened in the Argentinian league".

Vidal's knee would have lasted longer than that.:p
    I mean he won't get scared off from it. If they had targeted Rooney like that he would have went off too. Also it was only do Maria's second game since the WC final so lasting 75 minutes is impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

The defense is our biggest weakness right now. Not from a leaking goals point of view but from playing out from the back.

Vidal aside we need to get a CB before the window shuts. An elder CB who isnt afraid to lead vocally. Our CBs look nervous at times and there isn't enough communication, they all look afraid to lead.

Vidic, Rio and Evra have gone. Thats three very vocal and strong characters gone. Our CBs played better with those three defenders because they were constantly being told what to do.

Right now nobody is taking control in defense, that coupled with a new system they are not used to and there is no communication, leader or control in there. They are all a bit meek atm.

They are nervy and it doesn't help those in front of them.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    It's a sad day when I can recognise the poster by the sheer level of negativity being posted on a regular basis. 3 games in. When should we question the manager.

That's an absolutely stupid post.

When are you going to realise that the emperor has no clothes?

Your blind faith in this guy is embarrassing.

It's obvious based on the first FOUR games that he hasn't got a clue.

Like Trappatoni, his glory days are long behind him.

And no, I'm not "trolling" which I take to mean posting sensationalist nonsense which you don't actually believe just to elicit a reaction.

Shock horror, I actually think that Van Gaal is a spoofer who is taking us down a dangerous path.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

The defense is our biggest weakness right now. Not from a leaking goals point of view but from playing out from the back.

Vidal aside we need to get a CB before the window shuts. An elder CB who isnt afraid to lead vocally. Our CBs look nervous at times and there isn't enough communication, they all look afraid to lead.

Vidic, Rio and Evra have gone. Thats three very vocal and strong characters gone. Our CBs played better with those three defenders because they were constantly being told what to do.

Right now nobody is taking control in defense, that coupled with a new system they are not used to and there is no communication, leader or control in there. They are all a bit meek atm.

They are nervy and it doesn't help those in front of them.

So far from what I see Jones and Blackett have been quite good. Evans in his two games has looked shaky and I think his 3-4 poor back passes showed that. Also Young and Valencia still look a bit uncertain as WingBacks in my eyes.

Saying that don't forget we have Shaw, Rojo, Rafael and now (pending a medical) Blind to come into that back line. Surely that will improve it.

I wouldn't necessarily pin our poor build up play all on our defence though. It seems like the players are still not used to this formation and attacking while playing it. When in possession it's very back and forth until a chipped ball is headed away. Di Maria showed signs of improvement for us going forward though.

I still think once the players become used to this formation we will see a brilliant improvement on the ball.

He got the dutch to the WC semi final and got knocked out on penalties a few weeks ago.

Will you give over with trying to be the threads panto villlan.

• Advertisement

And no, I'm not "trolling" which I take to mean posting sensationalist nonsense which you don't actually believe just to elicit a reaction.

Shock horror, I actually think that Van Gaal is a spoofer who is taking us down a dangerous path.

What happened to reserving your judgement of him? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Ed The Equalizer

I can imagine what you would have been saying about Fergie in the early years

He got the dutch to the WC semi final and got knocked out on penalties a few weeks ago

They were finalists four years ago. It was a pretty poor World Cup. And getting to the semis isn't winning anything.

I'm serious - This guy's a bluffer and a chancer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dirtyden

Adamocovic wrote: »
    So far from what I see Jones and Blackett have been quite good. Evans in his two games has looked shaky and I think his 3-4 poor back passes showed that. Also Young and Valencia still look a bit uncertain as WingBacks in my eyes.

Saying that don't forget we have Shaw, Rojo, Rafael and now (pending a medical) Blind to come into that back line. Surely that will improve it.

I wouldn't necessarily pin our poor build up play all on our defence though. It seems like the players are still not used to this formation and attacking while playing it. When in possession it's very back and forth until a chipped ball is headed away. Di Maria showed signs of improvement for us going forward though.

I still think once the players become used to this formation we will see a brilliant improvement on the ball.

I really like the look of Blackett. He is very raw, but his attitude is great. Looking at the game yesterday he seemed confident to come out with the ball and try to see a pass. He is decent enough defensively too. The back three does not suit Evans at all in my opinion. I don't think he is a good enough footballer for it. He is a good defender but not comfortable on the ball at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

And another one in 2010. And 2 Uefa super cups. And a Europa league. And 7 league titles. And 3 league cups.

Yeah. Total spoofer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

They were finalists four years ago. It was a pretty poor World Cup. And getting to the semis isn't winning anything.

Why do you think this, larry? Explain the thought process behind your posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

STOP RESPONDING!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

If rumours of welbeck to spurs and chico to Madrid are true and now rvp I hope Lvg is in talks to sign a striker too 😯
    If Welbeck is let go on loan or sold I'd be asking LVG to find a new club to manage. Would be utter stupidity.

If the rumours about RVP's injury are true then this is a perfect opportunity for some faith to be finally put in Welbeck and play him up top. He showed last season in thos egames around january that he can do the job and in several champions league games. He just needs to be given a chance. It seems every other player at the club is being given one, time for Welbeck to.

No he is not. Your just impatient and you will look foolish down the road saying these things.

LVG will make it work, he needs more than 3 games to do it. Our sqaud is full of poor players and lots of bad buys means we need a renovation. Thats what he is doing, it will take time.

Well this will be a pleasant way to end the thread, another debate on VG's credentials :P

Why do you think this, larry? Explain the thought process behind your posts.

Well for one, 5-3-2 clearly isn't working yet he's persisting with it.

I'd also question his recruitment policy. The wrong players signed, the wrong players not signed and £60m spunked on a show pony. Kroos and Fabregas passed up.

Insane inexplicable behaviour.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ah lads, cop the **** on. Seriously.

I've warned people so many times not to engage in such discussions and yet you keep doing it, and I've warned people that either its exactly the type of reaction a troll would be after, or it's bullying and harassing a user. Zero middle ground there. The responses on display achieve absolutely nothing but to disrupt the thread. The fact I continually have to issue yellows because people seem to think they can break the charter just because they don't like a user is astounding.

Larry - I don't know how often I have to ask you to calm down with the negative posting. As I have stated time and again, you are allowed to be critical and negative, but you are not allowed do so to the point of utter disruption. You've made your point about LVG; you do not need to drill it home over and over and over to the point of thread disruption. The fact you continue to post in this manner despite numerous mod warnings, public and private continues to lead me to believe you're on the windup.

Both sides here are causing serious problems. These are not going to continue into the new thread. Both sides, wake up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I think I'm more excited about Blind than Di Maria.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

I don't know about anyone else but I'm developing a serious man-crush on Blind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    I think I'm more excited about Blind than Di Maria.

You gotta be kidding? Di Maria is the most exciting of the signings IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

God he's so goddamn dreamy. #mancrush.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

For the sake of 16 posts, and the fact I'm about to go to lunch, I'll close this up now as we approach 10000 posts. New thread opening now too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement