Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/08

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Red Issue‏@RedIssue
    Utd in desperate need of recruits & where was Woodward y'day? 'Working from home', in his PJs, waiting for the broadband engineer to show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

i was of the opinion we dont need Di Maria until the weekend, but even the new formation has changed nothing - we are too static and slow in attack.

id certainly be happy if we signed him, i think we need him but fitting him in poses problems for Mata or Adnan probably.

even getting rid of the 3-5-2 and having a world class winger are enough reasons to sign him and it would finally signal a bit of intend and ambition for once in the market.

we need di maria...and vidal...and a few more players of that calibre if we want to be challenging for the league.

Honestly if we signed Vidal dimaria and benatia and Rojo how close to city and Chelsea would be ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,976 ✭✭✭billyhead

With rojo in the bag. Predict who we will sign next. I still feel we might get Vidal. Just too much smoke. Got to be optimistic anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Delboy5 wrote: »
    Red Issue‏@RedIssue
    Utd in desperate need of recruits & where was Woodward y'day? 'Working from home', in his PJs, waiting for the broadband engineer to show.

Probably on boards all day waiting to see if we signed Rojo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

billyhead wrote: »
    With rojo in the bag. Predict who we will sign next. I still feel we might get Vidal. Just too much smoke. Got to be optimistic anyway

Think Rojo will be our lot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Delboy5 wrote: »
    Red Issue‏@RedIssue

if the woodward fanboys think he gets a hard time on here or twitter, they should read redissue.

he is probably the most hated man in the history of that forum & magazine and thats saying alot considering its one of the most hate filled things ive ever read.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

Ah don’t think so.

We’ll no doubt fail spectacularly to sign Di Maria having spent the next 2 weeks trying to do so but I’d say there will be one or two more less glamorous (if we can afford to be picky) signings before the window closes.

Despite the fact that he was muck, remember VG has made Fletcher vice-captain – he’s obviously in his plans for the season – I’d say CM is not a priority for him bizarrely

Honestly if we signed Vidal dimaria and benatia and Rojo how close to city and Chelsea would be ?

id fancy us to win the league. thats not happening though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Off topic here but I'm trying to embed a tweet in here and it ain't working, what exactly am I doing wrong? just shows the embed link and nothing else when I post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

Off topic here but I'm trying to embed a tweet in here and it ain't working, what exactly am I doing wrong? just shows the embed link and nothing else when I post
    Maybe preview doesn't work for tweets yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I think we'll sign a CM. Maybe not Vidal, but someone. I expect Strootman in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Dont use the embed link, just copy the web link of the tweet and wrap it in URL tags
    https://twitter.com/ed_diggins/status/501756298468143104

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

if the woodward fanboys think he gets a hard time on here or twitter, they should read redissue.

he is probably the most hated man in the history of that forum & magazine and thats saying alot considering its one of the most hate filled things ive ever read.

Nobody is a fanboy. There are just realists who can see that there is more than Woodward at play here. Blaming Woodward is the easy option and maybe he is to blame but we can't make that judgement yet. Let's see what we have in Septmember, LVG has a history of being outspoken especially when the board aren't being professional or not doing their job. You can be sure that the directors will look long and hard at this summer and evaluate why, again, we've been left with a squad in such poor shape.

This window has been a disaster, so far, there is still time to rectify but you have to imagine that we're not going to be in any shape to compete for the title when the window shuts. Anything less than a title win is a failure for this club. Obviously there will be slightly less expectation this season after Moyes but we still need to be making big strides this season.

Failure to get CL football this season and both of them should go. We passed over too many players to come up with excuses for failing to deliver CL football two seasons in a row.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Pretty much Nazi's that lot

• Advertisement

glued wrote: »
    Nobody is a fanboy. There are just realists who can see that there is more than Woodward at play here. Blaming Woodward is the easy option and maybe he is to blame but we can't make that judgement yet. Let's see what we have in Septmember, LVG has a history of being outspoken especially when the board aren't being professional or not doing their job. You can be sure that the directors will look long and hard at this summer and evaluate why, again, we've been left with a squad in such poor shape.

This window has been a disaster, so far, there is still time to rectify but you have to imagine that we're not going to be in any shape to compete for the title when the window shuts. Anything less than a title win is a failure for this club. Obviously there will be slightly less expectation this season after Moyes but we still need to be making big strides this season.

Failure to get CL football this season and both of them should go. We passed over too many players to come up with excuses for failing to deliver CL football two seasons in a row.

Also worth bearing in mind that Woodward is answerable to the Board of Directors at United which includes Charlton, Ferguson and Gill (along with his pay masters, the Glazer Clones)

I would assume transfers of the size of a Di Maria / Vidal bid would need BOD approval before they are submitted or finalised and it could well be the 3 above are holding some of this up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Don't use the hyperlink button. Put the tweet address in between [url] brackets.

Like so:

[/url]https://twitter.com/UtdReport/status/501752943948103680

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Does anyone know when Strootman will be fit again? When is it predicted he will be back playing? Say if we bought him this transfer window when would he be able to play for us?

Let me try this again

https://twitter.com/UtdReport/status/501752943948103680

EDIT:

I goddit!

10yyfsv.gif

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Does anyone know when Strootman will be fit again? When is it predicted he will be back playing?

Read yesterday hes back training and will be back playing in December

• Advertisement

Read yesterday hes back training and will be back playing in December

December? Jaysus was expecting November or that, think if we are to sign him it will be in January, hopefully Roma would part with him then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

https://twitter.com/_OfficialAgent_/status/501756089767981057

Probably not the most trusted, seen some ****e put up on his twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,000 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Talk is he will be off to Naploi before the weekend, could even be news after Napolis game tonight

I will be disgusted if Fellaini leaves in the next few days. Fair enough if we get in two midfielders then grand let him go by all means. But letting him go now is just stupid.

What's the thinking behind the club this summer. Not even sell Fellaini but loan him out when our options are Fletcher, Cleverley, Anderson( not good enough) Carrick(injured) and Herrera) new to the league)

Then sure loan out Nani we also have an abundance of top class wingers oh wait Valencia, Young(not good enough) Lingard, Zaha(have about 3 games between them in the Premiership) and Janjuaz(promising but still raw)

It's absolute lunacy what is going on at the club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Does anyone know when Strootman will be fit again? When is it predicted he will be back playing? Say if we bought him this transfer window when would he be able to play for us?

Roma were saying mid-November he'd be back playing. Too late for a January move - would be risky to go for him that early. And Roma aren't going to want to let him go mid-season.
    To get him in January would be harder than getting Vidal in this window IMO

December? Jaysus was expecting November or that, think if we are to sign him it will be in January, hopefully Roma would part with him then.

yeah no chance this summer, the word training was prob used loosely, prob doing light gym work, cant remeber where I read that article yesterday. tried looking for it there but no luck

Roma were saying mid-November he'd be back playing. Too late for a January move - would be risky to go for him that early. And Roma aren't going to want to let him go mid-season.
    To get him in January would be harder than getting Vidal in this window IMO

Yeah I was afraid they would be reluctant to sell him after staying with him during his injury and also mid season, big risk to get him now though.. still the thought of him (when fit) partnering Herrera in the centre is the stuff of dreams!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Yeah I was afraid they would be reluctant to sell him after staying with him during his injury and also mid season, big risk to get him now though.. still the thought of him (when fit) partnering Herrera in the centre is the stuff of dreams!

He's probably the ideal player for us. Just not going to happen until next summer.

(should have went for him last year) sigh

He's probably the ideal player for us. Just not going to happen until next summer.

(should have went for him last year) sigh

Plus one on this, why we didnt just sign him last year is beyond me, was well scouted all the year previous

Nuts102 wrote: »
    I will be disgusted if Fellaini leaves in the next few days. Fair enough if we get in two midfielders then grand let him go by all means. But letting him go now is just stupid.

What's the thinking behind the club this summer. Not even sell Fellaini but loan him out when our options are Fletcher, Cleverley, Anderson( not good enough) Carrick(injured) and Herrera) new to the league)

Then sure loan out Nani we also have an abundance of top class wingers oh wait Valencia, Young(not good enough) Lingard, Zaha(have about 3 games between them in the Premiership) and Janjuaz(promising but still raw)

It's absolute lunacy what is going on at the club.

He was disastrous (again) when he came on on Saturday. Never going to be able to make it as a United player unfortunately.

Despite the lack of alternatives I don’t see us losing anything by letting Fellani and Nani go out on loan apart from impacting on their re-sell values but they would struggle to get games this season if they stayed at United.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

Do you know what we should do?

Buy a goalkeeper.

Might as well make our transfer policy even madder than it already is.

Maybe Falcao too?

Goalies and strikers...that's what we need.

• Advertisement

Khedira is meant to be left out of the squad tonight.

Wouldn't be a bad buy, unfortunately seems Bayern bound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Coat22 wrote: »
    He was disastrous (again) when he came on on Saturday.
    Are you sure you saw the same game I did? When he came on it appeared to only himself, Januzaj and Herrera (until he was taken off) who seemed most likely to threaten Swansea, he was one of our better players.
    Coat22 wrote: »
    Despite the lack of alternatives I don’t see us losing anything by letting Fellani and Nani go out on loan apart from impacting on their re-sell values but they would struggle to get games this season if they stayed at United.
    I'd rather send Cleverley, Anderson, Carrick or Fletcher out on loan before Fellaini, he's one of our better available options with Herrera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Buy a goalkeeper.

Maybe Falcao too?

We should just dig a hole in the middle of the pitch so we don't have to use our midfield

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

b757 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/_OfficialAgent_/status/501756089767981057

Probably not the most trusted, seen some ****e put up on his twitter.

And yet you still posted it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

And yet you still posted it.

Yes. :P :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Well i havent seen too much of rojo so cant comment too much on wheather hes good enough but he seems to really want the move so at least hell be dedicated and eagar to prove himself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,387 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Nailz wrote: »
    Are you sure you saw the same game I did? When he came on it appeared to only himself, Januzaj and Herrera (until he was taken off) who seemed most likely to threaten Swansea, he was one of our better players.
    I'd rather send Cleverley, Anderson, Carrick or Fletcher out on loan before Fellaini, he's one of our better available options with Herrera.

Januzaj got the ball one on one with Taylor a bunch of times, got around him once or twice and did nothing with it when there were players in great positions to score. I just don't understand the praise that gets put onto him, he has potential and some mouldable attributes but constantly makes the wrong decision and overruns the ball. People act like he's the 2nd coming of Ronaldo but I don't see it at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Are these twitter links supposed to be written in the post? There's nothing there on mine and the link doesnt work when I click on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Well I recall having an argument with a good few posters on here who were adamant that the squad left by Fergie was the strongest Utd squad of all time !
    They were having none of my belief that it was the worst Utd team in over 15 years

Well it definitely wasn't the worst, that period was 03 - 04 where Chelsea started dominating.

It was a strong squad that needed a LB and a CM, the difference is everyone else strengthened while we brought in Fellaini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Khedira is meant to be left out of the squad tonight.

Wouldn't be a bad buy, unfortunately seems Bayern bound.

Even the papers haven't linked us with him all Summer, that's how not interested we are in him. Don't know why though, he'd be a drastic improvement on anything we have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Buy a goalkeeper.

Maybe Falcao too?

Do you know what, I was watching SSN earlier today and they were talking about Cech. For a brief second I thought to myself "We should go for him". Thankfully we have at least one position looking healthy.

Actually, feck it, offer them Lindegaard as a trade. I want transfers!

Schwiiing wrote: »
    Are these twitter links supposed to be written in the post? There's nothing there on mine and the link doesnt work when I click on it.

Yes you should be seeing what looks like a screenshot of the tweet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Liam O wrote: »
    People act like he's the 2nd coming of Ronaldo but I don't see it at all.

When Ronaldo first came on the scene plenty of people didn't think there was anything to him beyond stepovers. Just saying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

According to red cafe woodword is in Madrid

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Even the papers haven't linked us with him all Summer, that's how not interested we are in him. Don't know why though, he'd be a drastic improvement on anything we have.

Maybe we surprise everyone and announce it out of the blue haha ( :( )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,387 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

When Ronaldo first came on the scene plenty of people didn't think there was anything to him beyond stepovers. Just saying.

Well plenty of people were wrong. He was embarrassing players 10-15 years older than him. It was obvious to everyone who wasn't biased that he was something special. I don't think Januzaj's first touch is great for a 10 and while his skill makes up for it when out there, lacks the pace of a top class winger. I think he'll be good but not the level others think.

According to red cafe woodword is in Madrid

faster broadband there to keep up with this thread perhaps?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

Chagan wrote: »
    Do you know what, I was watching SSN earlier today and they were talking about Cech. For a brief second I thought to myself "We should go for him". Thankfully we have at least one position looking healthy.

Actually, feck it, offer them Lindegaard as a trade. I want transfers!

Maybe Cech can play in midfield or at centre half?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement