Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/08

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

According to red cafe woodword is in Madrid

A fan took a selfie with him in an airport. what airport though...

edit: apparently it's a fake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I'd like a better backup goalkeeper signed. A lot of the other top teams have 2 good goalkeepers.
    Arsenal
    Chelsea
    Man city
    Barca
    Real Madrid
    Bayern

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Even the papers haven't linked us with him all Summer, that's how not interested we are in him. Don't know why though, he'd be a drastic improvement on anything we have.

Prove me wrong Ed, prove me wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Liam O wrote: »
    Januzaj got the ball one on one with Taylor a bunch of times, got around him once or twice and did nothing with it when there were players in great positions to score. I just don't understand the praise that gets put onto him, he has potential and some mouldable attributes but constantly makes the wrong decision and overruns the ball. People act like he's the 2nd coming of Ronaldo but I don't see it at all.

He didn't just get around a single opponent once or twice. He completely skinned his marker a good few times. He got fouled by the second man (after beating him too) a few times and won a few corners off them as well. The times when he wasn't fouled or winning a corner he put in a few poor crosses and shots.

The end product from him was weak, but we know he is capable of much better in that regard and it's normal to see that type of inconsistency from a young player. The ease with which he was beating players was extraordinary. I watched a lot of games this weekend and I didn't see anybody who was more impressive at it than Januzaj.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

TheTownie wrote: »
    Yes you should be seeing what looks like a screenshot of the tweet.

I don't see the screenshots either, just the link. Its brilliant, so easily ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Probably trying to buy Kroos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Just so ye know, I'm flying again on Thursday and back again the following Thursday. Expect more transfers! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Just so ye know, I'm flying again on Thursday and back again the following Thursday. Expect more transfers! :P

YOu are cutting it tight Mars Bar...you trying to give us all heart attacks here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

"We'll move in the market this summer in a way we haven't seen in recent years."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭xtal191

Its fake the picture is from July

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Coat22 wrote: »
    He was disastrous (again) when he came on on Saturday. Never going to be able to make it as a United player.

Not sure what game you were watching but Fellaini did alright when he came on. The mistake was taking Herrera off for him instead of fletcher.

Why not keep Fellaini and judge him at Xmas after he has gotten a fair chance in the team. It's not like we have an abundance of midfielders. After Carrick and Herrera, Fellaini would be our best midfielder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

"We'll move in the market this summer in a way we haven't seen in recent years."

What's the point in posting a quote from January before Moyes left?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Rojo will probably be LCB in a 352 and I could see him being LB in a 433 or 442 with Shaw being played on the Left Mid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

Quandary wrote: »
    Why not keep Fellaini and judge him at Xmas after he has gotten a fair chance in the team. It's not like we have an abundance of midfielders. After Carrick and Herrera, Fellaini would be our best midfielder.

Might as well hang on to Anderson too, he had a great game a few years ago maybe he'll come good under Van Gaal.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Robson99 wrote: »
    Rojo will probably be LCB in a 352 and I could see him being LB in a 433 or 442 with Shaw being played on the Left Mid

So where will Di Maria play then? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Yeah, was thinking that myself. Shaw being considered as a LW option for when we play a back four would explain letting Nani leave now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Schalke defender Sead Kolasinac

"Two months ago Schalke received an official offer from the very successful English club Manchester United for me. This option is still open "Scouts were at a recent friendly match between Tottenham and Schalke in London. Believe me, I only heard about it after the completion of the match. "[Manchester United] is the world's top. Of course it would be great to play at Old Trafford. In football you never know - anything is possible. There's still time until the end of the transfer period and we'll see."

http://www.sportinastorm.com/Premier-League/Manchester-United/Schalke-star-reveals-Reds-move-%27still-open%27/X1Y48Z1791911

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

b757 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/_OfficialAgent_/status/501756089767981057

Probably not the most trusted, seen some ****e put up on his twitter.

You are now following The_Official_Agent

You might also want to follow:

@ThE_T00th_Fairy

@xXThe.Easta.BunniXx

@Poppa_Xmas

• Advertisement

What's the point in posting a quote from January before Moyes left?

"Watch this space"

Happy now?

Zico wrote: »
    Might as well hang on to Anderson too, he had a great game a few years ago maybe he'll come good under Van Gaal.:rolleyes:

Anderson had years to prove himself in a stable team, he failed. Fellaini has had 1 season in which the club was all over the shop. I don't think he's much use but comparing them is silly.

"Watch this space"

Happy now?

Not really no, people have used that quote as though he was talking about an orgy of superstar signings which I found strange as it wasn't the impression I got from that interview at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

You are now following The_Official_Agent

You might also want to follow:

@ThE_T00th_Fairy

@xXThe.Easta.BunniXx

@Poppa_Xmas

To his credit @Poppa_Xmas pulls it out of the bag every year....I'll let myself out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

Fellaini was a disgrace on Saturday. He deserves nothing other than to be cashiered out ASAP. I despise him as a player.

Not really no, people have used that quote as though he was talking about an orgy of superstar signings which I found strange as it wasn't the impression I got from that interview at all.

Ah well, I did try

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

https://twitter.com/JamieJackson___/status/501785164863664128

... There is always something :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Nothing like the daily dose of negativity from Jamie Jackson

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Sporting twitter mentioned something about 9m for Rojo I think?

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/Sporting_CP/status/501786525689217024

Translation: The sale of Marcos Rojo for Man.Utd, 9M € will go to the construction of our Pavilion. #SportingCP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Best of luck to Nani. Never particularly liked him but he's better than what he's shown at utd in recent times. Hopefully he returns to that level.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

TheTownie wrote: »

Rojo is a very solid acquisition. Happy with that and hopefully 3 more names to come. It's a pity how things worked out with Nani but I think it's best for both parties that he moves on, good luck to him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

Guys, how good is Rojo.

I don't know as much about him as I should.

Seems to be official :)

Via Google Translate - "The sale of Marcos Rojo for Man.Utd, 9M € will go to the construction of our Pavilion. #SportingCP "

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

irishfeen wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/JamieJackson___/status/501785164863664128

... There is always something :rolleyes:

That didn't take long to sort out. Maybe Ed isn't so bad after all.

Seems to be official :)

Via Google Translate - "The sale of Marcos Rojo for Man.Utd, 9M € will go to the construction of our Pavilion. #SportingCP "
    9m plus Nani? hmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

It won't stop people posting up Jackson tweets in future though :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

9m plus Nani?
    Happy Days! :) .. just keep positive FFS...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

9m plus Nani? hmmmm

9m to the construction of the pavilion. Does it say how much overall?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

I think Nani's going to Sporting on a year long loan.

9m to the construction of the pavilion. Does it say how much overall?

https://twitter.com/DuncanCastles/status/501789514369867776

Jesus christ, of all the people to respond to with that and you pick me? I'm about the most positive person on this feckin' forum!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

I'm guessing it means 9m of the fee will go into the development... Otherwise looks like a fantastic deal

Edit* €20m not bad

Sporting will only be getting 25% of the transfer fee right ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Hopefully the first of a flurry of arrivals.

I admit I know very little of him as a player but the sheer excitement he has shown online at joining the club has me liking him already.

• Advertisement

Jesus christ, of all the people to respond to with that and you pick me? I'm about the most positive person on this feckin' forum!
    Ha ha ... I wasn't picking on ya :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement