Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/08

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Jesus christ, of all the people to respond to with that and you pick me? I'm about the most positive person on this feckin' forum!
    Ha ha ... I wasn't picking on ya :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

16m for Rojo & I doubt Sporting will pay all of Nani's wages. Another poor deal from Man Utd.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

MD1990 wrote: »
    16m for Rojo & I doubt Sporting will pay all of Nani's wages. Another poor deal from Man Utd.
    Look its not our money and LVG must think he is worth it ... who gives a flying fcuk how much as long as he does a job for us...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

Maths doesn't add up. Sporting own 25%, 9m of the fee to go toward the development of the stadium?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

De Vrij was a steal in comparison. Still cant figure that one out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Alex Adams ‏@AxAs23 41s
    @Sport_Witness That just shows how broke we are and that Rojo will be our final signing! :/

Michael Burke ‏@mikeybourne 8s
    @Sport_Witness instalments? Ffs. Do United have money or not?

lol @ the world

SSN will surely lead with it at 7
    .. or maybe not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Maths doesn't add up. Sporting own 25%, 9m of the fee to go toward the development of the stadium?

however that works out it isnt our problem

expect it to see the courts though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

TheTownie wrote: »

Say how much we value him that we're willing to give him away free for a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Don't even want to know who got ripped off we have another player don't stop there!

Now on SSN...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Details of the deal.

http://web3.cmvm.pt/sdi2004/emitentes/docs/FR51803.pdf

10 Million upfront, 5 Million in Dec and 5 Million in July.

Sporting will get 20% of the transfer fee if sold for more than 23 Million, I'm assuming it's like if he is sold for 25 Million then 20% of 2 Million for Sporting, otherwise it makes no sense.

Rochey18 wrote: »

Sporting refunded Doyen what they paid originally. Hence the figures.

€4M went to Spartak Moscow.

Doyen will probably take it to court but nothing to do with Utd how they divide up the money.

SSN just announced it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

tumblr_n4uskxEFYQ1tv4k5po1_400.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

16m pounds for a defender who did well at the WC and will walk into our first team is a grand deal. Looking forward to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Holy s**t, we signed someone. :D:D:D

I don't understand how some people could really care how much we spend on transfers of players at this stage, especially after the quality of players we have present at the club. All i want to see is quality players in the utd shirt and the team playing quality football week in week out and for me rojo is a quality player. And to make matters better, we've got rid of piece of dead wood of Nani.....well for a season atleast :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Unless we bring in another winger I'm not sure how great a deal this is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

gifs-with-captions.-part-3-14-gifs_1.gif

I feel this sums up the area with nani with people who are happy and not happy with the loan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,387 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Is Nani definitely gone then? Getting rid of one of the players with actual pace is baffling when that's been the major problem recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Always knew someone else would sign never once doubted woodword

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Liam O wrote: »
    Is Nani definitely gone then? Getting rid of one of the players with actual pace is baffling when that's been the major problem recently.

Don't worry, Di Maria and Vidal to be confirmed Friday and to make their debuts on Sunday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

It must mean they're confident of getting di maria mustn't it? I won't be surprised if the transfer fails, but there has to be something happening.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Don't go starting a Nani row. Especially when he needs to play football somewhere to get his form back. I hope it works out for him

Rojo has pace anyway :p

Lord TSC wrote: »
    16m pounds for a defender who did well at the WC and will walk into our first team is a grand deal. Looking forward to it.

Over £20M including Nani's wages for the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

CR 7 wrote: »
    It must mean they're confident of getting di maria mustn't it? I won't be surprised if the transfer fails, but there has to be something happening.

Not really. If Van Gaal is set to play 3-5-2 then there is no role for Nani at all. If he wants to switch to 4-3-3 then it's different.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

TheTownie wrote: »
    Over £20M including Nani's wages for the year.

I'm writing off his wages as an investment on a "good year" hopefully raising his sale fee next summer....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

I hope Nani gets every game possible for Sporting and sets the place alight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Why are united going to pay Nani's 120k wages each week when he is going to play for sporting? Also which bright spark gave him the 5yr contract last year?

Finally a defender brought in but really he isn't the kids of defender that would have me filled with confidence that we will keep many more clean sheets. Need another defender brought in asap!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭united2k11

sky sports have announced rojo to united and nani to sporting on a year loan is done deal
    https://twitter.com/SkySportsNewsHQ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Double boost for United so. Get rid of Nani and get a handy defender too.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭twam2008

Why are united going to pay Nani's 120k wages each week when he is going to play for sporting? Also which bright spark gave him the 5yr contract last year?

Finally a defender brought in but really he isn't the kids of defender that would have me filled with confidence that we will keep many more clean sheets. Need another defender brought in asap!

How about is right footed International team mate who Swansea are after for £7m?

No to be honest. I'm glad we finally offloaded one player from our over inflated attack.

Please god Anderson is next.

And in exchange get in the CM we so desperately need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

united2k11 wrote: »
    sky sports have announced rojo to united and nani to sporting on a year loan is done deal
    https://twitter.com/SkySportsNewsHQ

Good news. Getting shot of Nani is a bonus. He seems to have lost any focus he had over the last year or two. He should be a top talent at this stage but instead his career has nose dived. At least we won't have to witness him coming off the bench again this season at least.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Double boost for United so. Get rid of Nani and get a handy defender too.

How is getting rid of Nani handy? The only difference now is there will be one less option. Still paying his wages is crazy!

Anyway I'm glad to see a defender finally come in, even if I know sweet **** all about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

We signed someone :D

carlton-dance.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

His inability to utilise his pace might explain the decision.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

We've finally done it...we've signed another player....

Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!

oh-my-god-o.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Didn't see it myself but according to some poster on reddit Sky sports Jim White said Manchester United are battling it out for the signature of Cruzeiro's Lucas Silva Borges. 21 year old defensive midfielder. Obviously take it with a pinch of salt until confirmed but if it pans out its another player coming and under the radar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

How we ever gave Nani a new contract is just baffling in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Nolars wrote: »
    We we ever gave Nani a new contract is just baffling in the first place.

Moyes gave him that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

The way I see it, it could potentially be a good thing that Nani goes to Sporting on loan for the season.

Will be guaranteed a consistence run of games. So hopefully he regains some of the form he is capable of. If he performs well, he will drive up his price if we sell him next Summer or else Van Gaal will keep him and include him in his plans for next season.

Realistically, he was going to be sitting on the bench for the year at United. He isn't capable to play the wing back role, and unfortunately I don't think he would start in a 4-3-3 formation. So I think it is win-win situation for both parties. It's about time he will get a consistence run of games that he deserves. Good luck Nani!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Defender signed, happy days. Don't know much about him so looking forward to seeing him im the line-up.

Hopefully another couple of weaknesses get addressed before the auld window closes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Is there a future purchase clause in the loan deal with Nani going to Sporting?

I know paying his wages is slightly ridiculous but it could be good for us going forward in that he might go to Sporting and get a full season under his belt which he wouldn't get with us due to the system we play or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

That is the bigger issue for me. Who in their right mind thought it would be a good idea to give a player with questionable fitness a 5 year deal on that kind of money?

Why would anyone be interested in taking him off our hands?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,976 ✭✭✭billyhead

Winger sold means space for a new winger. Is di Maria who is rojos best mate next. As Woody says watch this space

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Chagan wrote: »
    That is the bigger issue for me. Who in their right mind thought it would be a good idea to give a player with questionable fitness a 5 year deal on that kind of money?

It's the same story with Anderson, how he ever got a new contract is actually worse than Nani.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Nolars wrote: »
    We we ever gave Nani a new contract is just baffling in the first place.

His contract was expiring in 2014 I think. If his value to the first 11 was not the reason, then his value in a transfer like Rojo might have been a factor! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Chagan wrote: »

The only reasoning I could come up with would be that there may have been a club interested in him, a lot of Juve talk at the time and him tied to a longer contract may have strengthened our postion when thrashing out a deal???

Other thatmb that HIGHLY UNLIKELY scenario, I can't for the life of me fathom a reason.....

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement