Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/08

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

CR 7 wrote: »
    It must mean they're confident of getting di maria mustn't it? I won't be surprised if the transfer fails, but there has to be something happening.

I think it's Depay that LVG will go for as a replacement. I can't believe nobody has signed him yet, he is going to be a star. LVG knows him well from the Dutch set up and I hoping he has been holding out for LVG to make a move!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Andy Mitten was just on MUTV. He said that his sources in Turin reckon Vidal will be leaving Juventus before the window closes, and that they want to sell him; that the leaks from their side is because they desperately want to create a market for him.

Let's keep the ball rolling, Eddy!

Is andy mitten a reliable journo????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Is his name pronounced Rojo or Roho?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

UTDs spending this summer compared to Europes top clubs

BvaFNglCIAIGCQx.png

Wow, Liverpool second highest spenders in Europe. And all they bought was crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Thats not including Rojo I presume.Hopefully The 100m barrier is smashed in the next 13 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Andy Mitten was just on MUTV. He said that his sources in Turin reckon Vidal will be leaving Juventus before the window closes, and that they want to sell him; that the leaks from their side is because they desperately want to create a market for him.

Its ArturON

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

BvaFNglCIAIGCQx.png

Aren't those spending figures skewed?

£75m of Barca and Liverpool's spend is "the same money"...

This Rojo deal is progress. It's underwhelming but it's progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

RichFTW wrote: »
    I think it's Depay that LVG will go for as a replacement. I can't believe nobody has signed him yet, he is going to be a star. LVG knows him well from the Dutch set up and I hoping he has been holding out for LVG to make a move!

Would love Depay, seems clear he will be leaving this window, from the sounds of things thought he is most likely going to Spurs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Is andy mitten a reliable journo????

He's editor of UWS fanzine
    Pretty reliable
    Has as good a source as Ducker,Taylor et al

That's net spend Larry!!!!
    FFS man c'mon....
    You should've gone to that school with JP ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Would love Depay, seems clear he will be leaving this window, from the sounds of things thought he is most likely going to Spurs.
    He would be an excellent addition and wouldn't cost a fortune.Would be very happy to see him signed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Blatter wrote: »

Roho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Its a bit depressing tho to see the amount UTD have spent in the last few years on what they bought,compared to who they 'could' have got for same amount.

This question reminds me about how much I like it when LvG says Herrera.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

Delighted another defender has been signed. I'd give the Nani aspect of the transfer a 10/10 as well. :pac:

I wish him all the best and look forward to the thread meltdown every time he scores for Sporting.

It's Ro-ho
    The j is pronounced as a h

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

GSPfan wrote: »
    I'm not sayin a word about Rojo till we see him play. Seems like a lot of players regress when they join United. Only the few true superstars seem to do well.

Look at Jaime Jacksons twitter. He is getting murdered. Its so funny. I hope this is yet another lesson for everyone that these guys are gossip columnists.

Plenty of good people on twitter to follow.

]

That's not the issue, the issue is that this summer we have spent more than we have ever spent in a transfer window yet bought average players.

I'd trade every player we bought for a world class CB.

Think it's Ro-ho. ( i think! could be Ro-ko either.)
    Adamocovic wrote: »

Would be more excited by him than pretty much most other players mentioned.

brinty wrote: »
    That's net spend Larry!!!!
    FFS man c'mon....
    You should've gone to that school with JP ;)

It's not net spend actually.

Would you and the cheerleader who thanked your post care to acknowledge that you're wrong?

Unless your contending that Liverpool have spent north of £200m this summer...

Shaw, Herrera and Rojo would normally make a very successful transfer window IMO. Unfortunately not enough was done in recent times, which has left us with at least one more player to sign. It's going ok.
    DeGae
    Jones--Evans--Rojo
    Rafeal
    Shaw
    Herrera----CM
    Mata
    Rooney
    RVP

That's a very good team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Andy Mitten was just on MUTV. He said that his sources in Turin reckon Vidal will be leaving Juventus before the window closes, and that they want to sell him; that the leaks from their side is because they have desperately want to create a market for him.

All seems to have cooled the last week or so, always thought he would join but getting doubts now. The price is the hold up I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Skewed in its way of showing how much each club spent?

Em, no.

I don't think there was a precursor that said it had to only include money generated by the club either from the owner or from fans buying **** and certainly not to include any transfer revenue raised. Cause thats not real money obv

Shaw, Herrera and Rojo would normally make a very successful transfer window IMO. Unfortunately not enough was done in recent times, which has left us with at least one more player to sign. It's going ok.
    DeGae
    Jones--Evans--Rojo
    Rafeal
    Shaw
    Herrera----CM
    Mata
    Rooney
    RVP

That's a very good team.

Jones is gone form CB when Rojo comes in, imo.

Smalling Evans and Blackett suit LVG better.

Jones can't pass the ball and is shocking positionally. And has a worse touch than a...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Wow, Liverpool second highest spenders in Europe. And all they bought was crap.

I think you are wrong about some of that but next time you set off the bat signal can you include a siren to warn the rest of us?

They're coming....

(Hoping this keeps them away ;) )

DM-ICE wrote: »
    I think you are wrong about some of that but next time you set off the bat signal can you include a siren to warn the rest of us?

No, I'm not wrong. They definitely are the second highest spenders in Europe. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Reedsie

4 red cards and 20 yellows in the last two seasons. Is that right?

• Advertisement

Reedsie wrote: »

Yep.

It's not net spend actually.

Would you and the cheerleader who thanked your post care to acknowledge that you're wrong?

Unless your contending that Liverpool have spent north of £200m this summer...

Do ye understand humour or no???
    I was being sarcastic

Net spend equals outgoing minus incoming

Actual spend equals outgoing only which that chart shows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

But zero bites! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I had heard 17 yellows but its much of a muchness really. Pretty big difference in Portugal referees and Englands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

He likes a tackle.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

So, presumably Rojo will be a done deal tomorrow. Any chance of making the squad on Sunday?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Its a bit depressing tho to see the amount UTD have spent in the last few years on what they bought,compared to who they 'could' have got for same amount.

Ita a bit of a nonsense though, those things could only have happened with a lot of conditions changed.

brinty wrote: »
    Actual spend equals outgoing only which that chart shows

Which is what I said.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

While were on pronunciations, hows Benatia pronounced anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

We just need a song.

We just need a song.

Alex? Rigobert?

So just Vidal, Hummels and Seamus Coleman to go and then we can call this a good transfer window...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Can't see Juve drumming up more interest in Vidal, he would be a luxury buy for all of the big clubs because they all already have top midfielders, at United he would be messiah

So just Vidal, Hummels and Seamus Coleman to go and then we can call this a good transfer window...

Those 3 would have done instead of what we bought.

lordgoat wrote: »
    Alex? Rigobert?

I was thinking more singer songwriter stuff ;)

• Advertisement

Since we're living in the real world and not a video game, I would be quite happy if the window closed with one more signing: Lars Bender.

We have an opportunity over the next two weeks or so to dictate our medium term future.

If we don't get 4th, we'll be further into a vicious circle scenario whereby top players will eschew us because they want to play in Europe.

We need to spend and we need to spend big.

Vidal
    Hummels
    Coleman
    Blind
    Song

Then we would have a squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

We just need a song.

Something to the tune of row row row your boat.

It's good to see that players are moving outward now too
    If we see a few more come in and the same number go out (even on loan) it'd be positive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

I expect two more signings realistically - a central midfielder (Vidal/AN Other) and utility player (Blind).

If Real Madrid are as open to the idea of shifting out Khedira as they are rumoured to be, I think United would be crazy not to make a bid for him too.

besty wrote: »
    I expect two more signings realistically - a central midfielder (Vidal/AN Other) and utility player (Blind).

If Real Madrid are as open to the idea of shifting out Khedira as they are rumoured to be, I think United would be crazy not to make a bid for him too.

Would be interesting to try and see if Madrid would sell one of
    Isco
    Alonso
    Kheidira
    Di maria
    They might be willing to sell one or two of those and those four could improve our midfield and attack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Think Rojo will be a good signing once he settles in. He was one of the best defenders in a World Cup where good defenders were few and far between. It'll take him a while to adjust to the pace of the league but if he gets that time, he'll be a good player.

adox wrote: »
    Something to the tune of row row row your boat.

Rojo rojo rojo your boat gently down the stream
    Nani nani nani nani aint nowhere to be seen.

Thank me later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Rojo can cover left back as well so can cover for Shaw if needed. I reckon we will sign Blind and that be the end of our transfer dealings as I believe Vidal is a pipe dream at best. Although if we do manage to pull Vidal out the bag fair ****s to Ed then.

• Advertisement

Think Rojo will be a good signing once he settles in. He was one of the best defenders in a World Cup where good defenders were few and far between. It'll take him a while to adjust to the pace of the league but if he gets that time, he'll be a good player.

????

No he wasn't. He was a bit of a liability, the highlight being the rabona clearance in his own box.

I watched every Argie match and he grand going forward and it vertainy helped having Mascerano in the team.

I think he could be this years butters. A totally underwhelming signing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement