Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/08

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Rojo on the private jet earlier today.

Bvbl4_1IUAMEO5b.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

SSN reported our apparent interest in this 21 year old Brazilian defensive midfielder...I'd love a Vidal or a Di maria as much as the next fella but I'm loving the under the radar nature of some of our transfer activity.

Hopefully this Rojo lad works out now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Untenable.

X

"Untenable" - Playing Mata,Rooney and Kagawa in the same team.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭twam2008

ericzeking wrote: »
    SSN reported our apparent interest in this 21 year old Brazilian defensive midfielder...I'd love a Vidal or a Di maria as much as the next fella but I'm loving the under the radar nature of some of our transfer activity.

Yeah, that gave me the most hope too. Still strange that it all seems to be happening in the final week of the window though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Anderson should be put on a strict fitness plan if he is staying, at this stage I think he's another Brazilian who has given up on the game once the money is there

At 26 years old he could go on to have a great 5/6 seasons if he wanted to

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

twam2008 wrote: »
    Yeah, that gave me the most hope too. Still strange that it all seems to be happening in the final week of the window though.

second last week :p

Craig Norwood ‏@CraigNorwood 2m
    Marcos Rojo has landed into Manchester Airport from Lisbon, medical at Carrington early tomorrow morning before signing transfer papers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Lucas silva?

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭twam2008

magnumbud wrote: »
    second last week :p

Guilty, that's my pessimism, can't see any deals being wrapped up by the end of this week, given the lack of activity thus far.

• Advertisement

Lucas silva?

Even if Utd wanted to they'd never get a work permit for him. Not even on appeal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,653 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

TheTownie wrote: »
    Even if Utd wanted to they'd never get a work permit for him. Not even on appeal.

Special talent rule

I don't really understand all that. How can they sign raf and fabio but not Lucas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Lucas silva?

Ya that was him, from Cruzeiro, a couple of other clubs were mentioned too though

Ya that was him, from Cruzeiro, a couple of other clubs were mentioned too though

Oh I'm sure there's lots of clubs after him. He's the type of player we Actually need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Might have been said before but all im seeing in the twitter links is the twitter URL. Is there supposed to be a tweet embedded here or something?

Hate the thing by the way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Rochey18 wrote: »
    I think Varane could be an absolute star, reminds me of a young Rio, we had beeb in for him before he went to Madrid. A decent size bid and I wouldn't be surprised if it tempted Madrid to let him go

Not.A.Hope.In.Hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Might have been said before but all im seeing in the twitter links is the twitter URL. Is there supposed to be a tweet embedded here or something?

Hate the thing by the way.

Same.

Headshot wrote: »
    Special talent rule

What his special talent? How many appearances has he made for the various Brazil age groups?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

kryogen wrote: »
    Not.A.Hope.In.Hell.
    He is massively rated, but Ramos is and will be the main man there for a long time yet, and for some reason Pepe is ahead of him. He barely played last year, well any time I watched them he didn't start.

Had a great WC, I kind of know your right but he is one player I'd love to see us sign.

Headshot wrote: »
    Special talent rule
    What his special talent? How many appearances has he made for the various Brazil age groups?

Just had a look around and as far as I can see hes made 4 apps at U20 with 1 goal. At 21 I find it hard to believe that would qualify you as a special talent.

EDIT: He also played in Toulon tournament this year for U21.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

It doesn't matter. He's Brazilian. They gain work permits a lot easier due to the sheer amount of talented footballers In brazil. If the player was Irish he would most likely have played in the required 75% of games in last couple years. United can argue this in their appeal which is what usually works.

Obviously not a certainty to get it but you're wrong to completely dismiss it as an impossibility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭con___manx1

case885 wrote: »
    Hes no roy keane. Crazy when you think if roy keane was at his peak now at 25/26 with say juventus he'd be worth 60 million.

Roy Keane broke the English transfer record when he went from forest to United. It was only a couple of million at the time .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Roy Keane broke the English transfer record when he went from forest to United. It was only a couple of million at the time .

3.5ish wasn't it?

IrishIrish wrote: »
    It doesn't matter. He's Brazilian. They gain work permits a lot easier due to the sheer amount of talented footballers In brazil. If the player was Irish he would most likely have played in the required 75% of games in last couple years. United can argue this in their appeal which is what usually works.

Obviously not a certainty to get it but you're wrong to completely dismiss it as an impossibility.

Just being dramatic. :D

Nah I wouldn't fancy him getting one but I've no problem accepting I could be wrong with that thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Rochey18 wrote: »
    He is massively rated, but Ramos is and will be the main man there for a long time yet, and for some reason Pepe is ahead of him. He barely played last year, well any time I watched them he didn't start.

Had a great WC, I kind of know your right but he is one player I'd love to see us sign.

He is massively rated, which is why Madrid will not let him go anywhere imo

He choose them over us in 2011, why would he leave them for us now when at 21 he has started a CL final and things only look to be getting better for Madrid?

Pepe is 31 and will be under pressure for his place in the next year or two at the most!

Edit: For what its worth, I would love him at the club, think he is going to be an absolute star and a real great central defender. It just isn't going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Wouldn't it just be so United like to go sweating over a work permit with a week to go just after the complicated deal with Rojo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Rojo becomes our 6th non EU national in the squad, isnt there a limit somewhere to that amount we can have? not sure if its match day squad or overall squad or maybe it doesnt exist anymore, does anybody know for sure?

Rafael
    Valencia
    Anderson
    Rojo
    Hernandez.
    Kagawa

Fabio and Henriquez already sold, Varela is also there.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Rojo becomes our 6th non EU national in the squad, isnt there a limit somewhere to that amount we can have? not sure if its match day squad or overall squad or maybe it doesnt exist anymore, does anybody know for sure?

Rafael
    Valencia
    Anderson
    Rojo
    Hernandez.
    Kagawa

I think Rafael (and Fabio) has a Portuguese passport.

I am not aware of a Non EU national limit outside the home grown v foreign limit in England. Other countries have a maximum Non EU limit alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Rafael
    Valencia
    Anderson
    Rojo
    Hernandez.
    Kagawa

i dont know how citizenship effects it but val and ando both qualify for uk passports now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Rafael
    Valencia
    Anderson
    Rojo
    Hernandez.
    Kagawa

Isnt raf classed as homegrown cause he was here since being a teenager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

Rafael
    Valencia
    Anderson
    Rojo
    Hernandez.
    Kagawa

Raf, Tony V and Ando are all probably in UK long enough for citizenship at this stage (although in Andersons case he would have had to get it prior to going on loan to Italy)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

Henriquez is loaned out. Not sold.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Bu7wOBnIMAAoQNw.jpg

Agent Fergie continuing to work hard....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Look at Perez

He's mine, mine, you can't have him back

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Bu7wOBnIMAAoQNw.jpg

Agent Fergie continuing to work hard....

Hopefully convincing Madrid to sell us di maria and khedira

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

look give us Ronaldo and Madrid can keep Di Maria.

im not fussy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭con___manx1

3.5ish wasn't it?

Ya around that. It's crazy when u look at today's prices. 3.5 would get u feck all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Ya around that. It's crazy when u look at today's prices. 3.5 would get u feck all

Half a Bebe!

• Advertisement

It would get you Nani and Song for a year and you get to keep the 3.5M! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I would love to see DiMaria and Vidal or whoever coming in but ultimately we will need to let go of players and Kagawa and Hernandez are sore thumbs.

This is my fantasy line up at the moment. Evans sneaks in with no other real option.

DeGea
    Raf Jones Evans Shaw
    Herrera Mata Vidal
    Adnan Rooney DiMaria

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

GSPfan wrote: »
    I would love to see DiMaria and Vidal or whoever coming in but ultimately we will need to let go of players and Kagawa and Hernandez are sore thumbs.

This is my fantasy line up at the moment. Evans sneaks in with no other real option.

DeGea
    Raf Jones Evans Shaw
    Herrera Mata Vidal
    Adnan Rooney DiMaria

so you dont rate Rojo then?

and what about RVP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

and what about RVP?

Nothing there to say he doesn't rate Rojo, just that he rates Evans and Shaw higher. Or, like plenty of us, doesn't know a whole lot about Rojo outside of a handful of WC matches where he wasn't being paid special attention.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I forgot to subscribe to this thread after the previous one was locked. Ain't nobody got time to read ~1,600 new posts.

Who wants to summarise all the news I've missed since Sunday night? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Does Rojo have a child? 24 is very young...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

An File wrote: »
    I forgot to subscribe to this thread after the previous one was locked. Ain't nobody got time to read ~1,600 new posts.

Who wants to summarise all the news I've missed since Sunday night? :P

We signed a Russian wonderkid Dimitry Arturonoff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

GSPfan wrote: »

DeGea
    Raf Jones Evans Shaw
    Herrera Mata Vidal
    Adnan Rooney DiMaria

That would be a great XI but I love that your "fantasy" line up includes Evans because of a lack of options.

Fantasy Woodward might be better than the real one, but he isn't a miracle worker :pac:

and what about RVP?

Yeah honestly don't have a clue about him like most people.

RvP will get games beside Rooney in the 3 4 3 system or whatever variation of that you wanna call it but in a typical 4 3 3 with two pacey wide men either side of a front man I would go with Rooney to start. He is captain after all.

The RvP Rooney dilemma will work itself out with both picking up regular knocks and strains anyway.

Chagan wrote: »
    That would be a great XI but I love that your "fantasy" line up includes Evans because of a lack of options.

Fantasy Woodward might be better than the real one, but he isn't a miracle worker :pac:

Ha yeah i know. It is a fantasy team but based on current transfer rumours. The centre back options seem to have dried up.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement