Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/08

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

My wishlist for the summer was:
      [*]LB
      [*]CB
      [*]CM

[*]CM

So I'm pretty close to satisfied.

pretty much my list but when evra left i added a second LB for cover. hoping for blind since he can also cover CM on top of someone to partner herrera

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,228 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

magnumbud wrote: »
      pretty much my list but when evra left i added a second LB for cover. hoping for blind since he can also cover CM on top of someone to partner herrera

Rojo can probably cover LB, but then that leaves CB light again. So I guess another defender of some description would be nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Reedsie wrote: »
      It's funny that Moyes got so much stick last year for his intense training sessions after we picked up a lot of injuries.

Van Gaal has had them training double shifts since he's arrived and the injury list is shooting up but no criticism.

:confused:

In fairness looking at Fellaini on the crutches with a half cast on it may have been from a bad tackle or jumping for a header/landing on his ankle, which isnt a strain(which could be blamed sue to intense training)

Shaws yes/fellaini maybe not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Reedsie

The injury problem goes back Fergies time though. We simply have certain players who are mad of glass.

Shaw and Fellaini?

In fairness looking at Fellaini on the crutches with a half cast on it may have been from a bad tackle or jumping for a header/landing on his ankle, which isnt a strain(which could be blamed sue to intense training)

Shaws yes/fellaini maybe not.

Ah I'm not blaming either manager for any injuries. I don't think any of us know enough about the regimes to do so tbh. I'm just commenting on the difference in the fans reactions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭xtal191

What team of the tournament was Rojo in? Almost everyone I've seen so far has Blind as Left Back.

xtal191 wrote: »
      What team of the tournament was Rojo in? Almost everyone I've seen so far has Blind as Left Back.

Argentina's team of the tournament.

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

the consensus in Italy amongest Juve fans (according to work colleague who supports them) is that Vidal wants to leave and is waiting for us to put in an offer in.

J. Marston wrote: »

But of course we could have been rejected without making any bids. We alll know that the offer is by no means the first part of the process.

I think United would be better off just keeping quiet in these situations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Argentina's team of the tournament.

Was that the one that looked like this
      Romero
      Zabaleta---j Lopez-Upton-Rojo
      Johannsen---brintino--kendricka
      Messi---Lawrenci--maximus

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

xtal191 wrote: »

Could be wrong and would have to check it but I think I remember hearing he was in the top 11 based on the Castrol Performance Index. You know those ratings associated with Fifa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

the consensus in Italy amongest Juve fans (according to work colleague who supports them) is that Vidal wants to leave and is waiting for us to put in an offer in.

How many Juve fans did he poll?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

• Advertisement
    • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

The consensus among all juve fans according to your one mate?

Okidoki.

brinty wrote: »
      Was that the one that looked like this
      Romero
      Zabaleta---j Lopez-Upton-Rojo
      Johannsen---brintino--kendricka
      Messi---Lawrenci--maximus

All I can say is I'd be supplying plenty of balls for the center forward. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

53f47399be387.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

All I can say is I'd be supplying plenty of balls for the center forward. :eek:

and Messi dribbling all over the place ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Were those Vidal quotes ever verified? The one from from two (ish) weeks ago where he allegedly said "if the deal falls through with United" (paraphrasing!)

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Ah lads you are going out of your way to pick at Homers posts at this stage.

You know what he ****ing meant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭Ravenid

Were those Vidal quotes ever verified? The one from from two (ish) weeks ago where he allegedly said "if the deal falls through with United" (paraphrasing!)

He'll do well at Newcastle.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭twam2008

Would Morgan Schneiderlin be a crazy idea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

I believe it that UTd havent yet bid for Vidal.
      Still think LVG wants to see how he plays after his injury. No point spending £40+mill on a player who you're just not 100% certain on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

David Conn writing in the Guardian about the state of the club and the Glazers.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/aug/20/glazers-thrive-manchester-united-flounder-ed-woodward

The Glazers make me sick to the core. Just a mere glance at their rat faces and their dead eyes makes me want to punch the screen. Would love to see them chased out of our club.

Edit: and some people constantly give out about Fellaini, while that shower who have pillaged the club for years are sitting up in the stands grinning at how they pulled off the robbery of funds that were earned from fans and hard working staff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

twam2008 wrote: »

He is better than Anderson, cleverley and fletcher combined so no be a good signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

I think its the standard of players, football and sh&t results over the past 12 months thats the main problem, dont you?

The most prevalent issue is transfers or an apparent lack of movement by the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

This is the the type of player we should be adding to our midfield right now. He's significantly better than what we have and even he should be attainable.

Instead of shooting for the stars with the likes of Vidal/Fabregas/kroos who result in long drawn out sagas where we fall on our arses empty handed, we should actually improve our midfield by signing the likes of a Schneiderlin.

By all means then try signing the big boys. At least we would have strengthened some little bit if they fail. Get rid of the Cleverleys et al to reduce the numbers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

beno619 wrote: »
      The most prevalent issue is transfers or an apparent lack of movement by the club.

yes, but you cant blame the media for us not signing players though really?

some of the posters on here bring their dads to the games (lads 60+) that wouldnt go near the media or a computer and even they are able to see whats happening without being influenced.

media plays a part, but the club is not helping matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭twam2008

Quandary wrote: »
      This is the the type of player we should be adding to our midfield right now. He's significantly better than what we have and even he should be attainable.

Instead of shooting for the stars with the likes of Vidal/Fabregas/kroos who result in long drawn out sagas where we fall on our arses empty handed, we should actually improve our midfield by signing the likes of a Schneiderlin.

By all means then try signing the big boys. At least we would have strengthened some little bit if they fail. Get rid of the Cleverleys et al to reduce the numbers.

Agree, definitely think he'd be gettable, would improve our midfield, we could take our time doing a deal for Strootman and would definitely sort things out for a few years.

• Advertisement
    • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

He'd have been the first player from saints I'd have taken. Improvement all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I love the way he starts to scream and then remembers he has boy parts :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,655 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Lord TSC wrote: »
      I love the way he starts to scream and then remembers he has boy parts :P

He's more bush than balls tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

yes, but you cant blame the media for us not signing players though really?

some of the posters on here bring their dads to the games (lads 60+) that wouldnt go near the media or a computer and even they are able to see whats happening without being influenced.

media plays a part, but the club is not helping matters.

No its posters getting hung up on media stories of United missing out on X target because of X reason.

We have established that nobody knows what's going on inside United at least where transfers are concerned, but people will have criticisms based on these BS stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

53f47399be387.jpg

Absolute madness, his favourite player is David Beckham?! He is only a pretty boy sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

adox wrote: »
      Ah lads you are going out of your way to pick at Homers posts at this stage.

You know what he ****ing meant.

Hey adox you don't need to fight battles for "big bad homerjay"!!! ðŸ˜

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

The Glazers make me sick to the core. Just a mere glance at their rat faces and their dead eyes makes me want to punch the screen. Would love to see them chased out of our club.

Edit: and some people constantly give out about Fellaini, while that shower who have pillaged the club for years are sitting up in the stands grinning at how they pulled off the robbery of funds that were earned from fans and hard working staff.

That is an awful amount of vitriol for something that's been proven untrue.

If the glazers weren't here where would we be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

ericzeking wrote: »
      Hey adox you don't need to fight battles for "big bad homerjay"!!! ðŸ˜

I'm not fighting his battles, I'm sure he can do that well enough himself.

I will speak my mind on here though.

• Advertisement

On the Glazers - I find it difficult to see a difference in the pattern of spending before and after they arrived. There's been plenty of money spent since they took over, unfortunately a huge amount of it has been completely misdirected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Conn makes a good point there that I think will ultimately be the problem going forward.

The Glazers won't invest in proven stars. It's young talent with potentially huge resale value. The exceptions were RVP, which was probably appeasing Fergie, and Mata which was a fair enough punt to stay in the CL.

I kind if get the impression that they think they'll just repeat the Ronaldo transfer again or something.

What they won't do (I think) is sanction top prices for proven top level players with experience.

At 26 and costing a fortune I don't think Utd will bid for Di Maria.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭steoin

gosplan wrote: »
      Conn makes a good point there that I think will ultimately be the problem going forward.

The Glazers won't invest in proven stars. It's young talent with potentially huge resale value. The exceptions were RVP, which was probably appeasing Fergie, and Mata which was a fair enough punt to stay in the CL.

I kind if get the impression that they think they'll just repeat the Ronaldo transfer again or something.

What they won't do (I think) is sanction top prices for proven top level players with experience.

Or maybe fergie liked young players?

The glazers didn't buy for fergie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

steoin wrote: »

Agreed. Sick of reading posts by supposed ITK on here who's father/uncle/brother are in with United. These people say very little, occasionally just posting cryptic messages that ultimately mean nothing, but are meant to display that they have inside knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

adox wrote: »
      I'm not fighting his battles, I'm sure he can do that well enough himself.

I will speak my mind on here though.

I was merely jesting in reference to a previous post...you clearly didn't get it...continue speak your mind to the upmost good sir

• Advertisement
    • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

It seems to be an American thing, FSG are the exact same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

That doesn't make sense when you consider the transfer fees they are approving. It's not like it's bargain basement shopping.

It seems to be an American thing, FSG are the exact same.

I don't think so.

United obviously have more cash that Liverpool and spend more than ye.

It's relative I think.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

I don't think so.

United obviously have more cash that Liverpool and spend more than ye.

It's relative I think.

I meant more in the style of players being bought, neither club is going to go out and buy a player from the top bracket in Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

If that was their policy, which it clearly isn't when you look at United's recent transfers and how little the club recuperate in sales, you don't spend the guts of 30m on a f*cking left back.

• Advertisement
    This discussion has been closed.
    Advertisement