Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/08

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

"edging closer to signing". :rolleyes:

He's either signed or he hasn't. He either intends to or he doesn't. Edging closer.......pff....and I'm edging closer to Scarlett Johansson

She's edging closer to a restraining order....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

If you guys had a choice which would you pick

1. United to sign Vidal , di Maria and benaita

2. A threesome with Scarlett johansson and Kate upton

Let me put it in terms you'll best understand.

Johansson ---- Sacramento ---- Upton

I like to play as the link up man as long as those playing with me don't mind a big tackle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

Is it wrong that I'd genuinely rather United sign the three lads? :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,768 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Is it wrong that I'd genuinely rather United sign the three lads? :pac::pac::pac:

There is more chance of the threesome happening!

Leroy42 wrote: »
    There is more chance of the threesome happening!

Eh3U5jr.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

SSN reporting that LVG allegedly does not want DiMaria as he feels signing him would stunt Adnan's development.

Kirby wrote: »
    "edging closer to signing". :rolleyes:

He's either signed or he hasn't. He either intends to or he doesn't. Edging closer.......pff....and I'm edging closer to Scarlett Johansson

She's edging closer to a restraining order....
    :pac::pac::pac: Brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,384 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Load of **** more them likely.....

Breaking load from beIN: They say their sources have confirmed to them that Angel Di Maria is edging closer to Man United. #mufc #rmcf

Interestingly, beIN would be very close to PSG - to the point where I would see them as a PSG mouthpiece, would be interested to see what mention PSG gets in that article.

I personally reckon PSG will get Lavezzi or Cavani off the books in the next few days, freeing up the FFP space for Di Maria - and that Di Maria will wait for this to happen.

I do think United have genuine interest in him, but I also think they are just being used as a stalking horse by Di Maria's entourage to spark PSG into action.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

Have to admit I'm getting more frustrated by the day with this transfer window. Lets look at who we'd like to sign:
    1. Vidal - more or less everyone agrees he'd be a huge signing, but there are concerns apparently from Van Gall about his knee. Everyone sick of it at this stage.
    2. Strootman - ruled out for another few months and no guarantee he'll come in January - a move next summer would make more sense for the player himself.
    3. Hummells - made captain of Dortmund and we cant offer him CL football plus Dortmund don't want to sell.
    4. Reus - cant offer him CL football and he will have offers from the likes of Barca, Real Madrid and Bayern which are on a higher plane to us right now.
    5. Di Maria - cant offer him CL football, but he seems determined to leave Real. Huge transfer fees mentioned and now LVG says he's afraid his arrival would curtail Januzaj's progress.
    6. Ferdy Gaurin - being eyed up as a potential purchase instead of Vidal. Fee and wages probably wont be an issue, but is he good enough?
    7. Benatia - no CL football to offer him, Bayern are in the hunt and he'd be a fool t go anywhere else if that's the case.
    8. William Carvalho - interest from other clubs and it appears United put off by fee along with the fact we cant offer CL football.
    9. Sami Khedeira - seems there may be something in place for him to join Arsenal - but the old chestnut of no CL football on offer could scupper any chance we had with the player.

That leaves a few players currently in Russia and Ukraine (e.g. Douglas Costa) and the likes of utter **** like Alex Song.

But to be honest, the seeds for what is happening now were sown the day Ferguson told the board he was stepping down and that David Moyes was taking over. Scholes is right to feel scared of where the club will end up. We badly need top rate players, but that's hard without the caveat of CL football and there might be no quick fix here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,384 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

So is this talk of Di Maria stunting Adnans development just our way of saying "They guy has no fecking interest in even talking to us" or are United REALLY this stupid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

We all know we're signing Freddy Guarin.,,, :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Today at 3PM on MUTV.
    YI7979l.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

So is this talk of Di Maria stunting Adnans development just our way of saying "They guy has no fecking interest in even talking to us" or are United REALLY this stupid?

this talk is coming the fine muppets of the express. we shouldnt go into meltdown over what the say wait for a decent journalist to back it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

It was on the morning paper talk section coming from a report from the express.. Most other papers are saying that Di Maria is LVG's top target.

Also it was Bein Arabia that reported the edging closer report not BeIn France.. BeIn Arabia are known bullshìtters. They reported that Vidal had signed for us in July and I'm sure they have said that Barca had signed a few players that they didn't too. Reporting them as done deals

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Ah Fridays - so who we not signing today... ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

I'll take the threesome please
    there's a more realistic chance of it happening
    swap Anna Kendrick in for Upton and brinty will be :)

irishfeen wrote: »
    Ah Fridays - so who we not signing today... ?
    Ballotelli.....

Jesus I'd love a late bid at him

Can you imagine the trolling that'd do to the YNWA brigade???

Classic

And if Milan are looking for Chico too, swap deal and cash.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Put Miranda Kerr in there instead of SJ and its the threesome all day. Perhaps a better chance of that happening too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

brinty wrote: »
    Ballotelli.....

This would only amuse me if he was to be signed, immediately loaned out for the year and then sold next summer. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

This would only amuse me if he was to be signed, immediately loaned out for the year and then sold next summer. :pac:

To everton both times :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

brinty wrote: »
    Ballotelli.....

Classic

And if Milan are looking for Chico too, swap deal and cash.....

United targeting a player, bidding for him, agreeing the fee, agreeing personal terms, completing a medical and signing a contract...within 24hr period...do you think that's likely these days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Has Super Mario calmed down at all since his time at City? This is the exact signing Liverpool need imo. I doubt they'll win the leageu with him, but top four should be attainable. I did have a giggle earlier on the bus when I read someone describing the rest of Liverpools signings as quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Hoping for some good transfer news today. Would be a good start to the weekend.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Has Super Mario calmed down at all since his time at City? This is the exact signing Liverpool need imo.

Well Milan want rid of him only 18 months after he signed so.....

• Advertisement

Has Super Mario calmed down at all since his time at City? This is the exact signing Liverpool need imo. I doubt they'll win the leageu with him, but top four should be attainable. I did have a giggle earlier on the bus when I read someone describing the rest of Liverpools signings as quality.

Pirlo was interviewed and said he's calmed down but he's still going to be a liability some of the time, but then so was Suarez. No chance of winning the league but top 4 should be the target. To be honest I'd think the same for United. They won't win the league ahead of Chelsea and will be fighting for the same spot as Liverpool in my opinion.

A big signing for United would completely change that though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

8-10 wrote: »
    Pirlo was interviewed and said he's calmed down but he's still going to be a liability some of the time, but then so was Suarez. No chance of winning the league but top 4 should be the target. To be honest I'd think the same for United. They won't win the league ahead of Chelsea and will be fighting for the same spot as Liverpool in my opinion.

If we don't sign a CM then we'll be fighting for a Europa spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

SSN reporting that LVG allegedly does not want DiMaria as he feels signing him would stunt Adnan's development.

So Di Maria has turned us down then.

Next excuse?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

8-10 wrote: »

Suarez being a headcase was completely pushed aside by his sheer talent. Although he's good, Ballotelli is not anywhere near Suarez. He won't bring 25 goals+, let alone 35 or whatever Suarez scored last season.

United are a defensive midfielder away from top four, and an experienced CB away from the league challenge in my opinion. United have one of the best attacks in the leage, a great goalkeepr, squad depth and decent RB/LB players. It's the CB and DM that is a joke and is essentially a motorway for the opposition to drive through.

jasus lads are we seriously going to turn down Di Maria as it might stunt Janujaz's growth.

Really, i mean really.... Who comes up with this BS....

All summer we've cried out for a world class signing and now we're seemingly on the edge off it and people want us to hold off as it might stunt the development of a 19 yo...

FFS get the deal bloody well done and show we can attract a world class plyer, it might encourage more to follow suit.

If Di Maria signs, it might encourage a Vidal/Kheiddira/Alonso to say hey if he's going there maybe its worth a season of no champions league and help rebuild the club into the fuiture.

Would his signing not also help develop a player like Janujaz transform into an even better player given the cvalibre of a player he'd train with every day...

Given a choice..train with Cleverly or Di maria every day of the week who would you pick???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

You've gotta hand it to the people running LFC, it was a tall order to replace Suarez but they've found as good as a like-for-like replacement as you could get, mental issues and all.

Surely that was a tougher task than finding a midfielder better than Micheal Carrick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Coat22 wrote: »
    So Di Maria has turned us down then.

Next excuse?

Someone in here yesterday said LVG turned down Kroos & Fabregas :eek:
    In denial. :pac:

Today's funniest story:

"Midfielder Anderson is on his way out of the club, with the Daily Mail reporting Porto are interested in taking their old player back but the Daily Express saying Sporting Lisbon have lined up a £5.5m move."

So SL are going to take the money they got for Rojo and buy.....Anderson! You couldn't make that up. Think its more likely a "United have given SL Anderson, agreed to pay his wages and build a new burger bar at the training camp so that he doesn't have to walk to far."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

And now the bloody Gaitan talk starts :mad:

Heavily Linked with Kroos and Fabregas, end up with Herrera.
    Replace Vidic and Rio with Blackett and sign a converted left back.
    Spend nearly £30m on an 18 year old left back
    Heavily linked with Di Maria, end up with ???

Its as frustrating as it gets.our rivals must be laughing at us.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Its as frustrating as it gets.our rivals must be laughing at us.

Honestly, I don't think our rivals keep up with the 100s of transfer stories like United fans do, and probably don't give much of a thought to who we aren't signing....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,298 ✭✭✭✭rob316

We had the same problems at Liverpool with Ian ayre as ye are having with woodward. Both are savy commercial businessmen entrusted with the running of the club Including concluding transfer business.
    They are picked for there negotiation skills but they are totally unprepared for the transfer game, it's a learning curve.

I do believe every club should have a sporting director to.look after this sort of business someone with experience.

Suarez being a headcase was completely pushed aside by his sheer talent. Although he's good, Ballotelli is not anywhere near Suarez. He won't bring 25 goals+, let alone 35 or whatever Suarez scored last season.

United are a defensive midfielder away from top four, and an experienced CB away from the league challenge in my opinion. United have one of the best attacks in the leage, a great goalkeepr, squad depth and decent RB/LB players. It's the CB and DM that is a joke and is essentially a motorway for the opposition to drive through.

Just to nip in the bud, I in no way meant to compare Balo to Suarez in footballing terms, no comparison there at all! I simply meant that issues around Balo being a liability occasionally won't bother Liverpool as much as they're used to the media circus and occasional outbursts from Suarez, other teams would probably be more inclined to shy away fro the signing.

Liverpool are a new keeper, DM, CB, RB and top class center mid away from being challengers this year so no chance it'll happen, that's half a team! But should be challenging for top 4.

United are fewer players away from the league title I agree. And I disagree about squad depth being an issue. No CL, no Europa League to worry about this season. No need to purchase depth until next summer, just the 2/3 players needed to win the league. I think a centre half, boss centre mid (Vidal) and striker (get rid of Hernandez and get a Higuain or Falcao) and there's a title winning squad there. I don't think di Maria is the answer. Play Kagawa and get the service to the strikers, there just wasn't enough goals scored last year to win a league.

I wouldn't worry about the story in the express about not being intrested in Di Maria.

Out of all the papers this summer they have talked the most nonsense.

I don't think United will get him but I wouldn't believe a story from the expess.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Honestly, I don't think our rivals keep up with the 100s of transfer stories like United fans do, and probably don't give much of a thought to who we aren't signing....

Bet they noticed though when we started last weekend with Lingaard and Young as our WBs, Blackett, Jones and Smalling as our CBs and Darren Fletcher in mid field.

They might not be looking at the “who’s turned us down” columns but I think everyone will have noticed that a team that was hopeless last season signed just 3 players this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭Brien

thelad95 wrote: »
    We're Manchester U-f*cking-nited. Of course we can get a player from Everton. Not sure if he's the answer though.

No, we're the team that finished 7th last year after years of fergie ignoring the midfield and hoping Jones and smalling grew into world class players. Moyes didn't succeed and players like kroos and cesc weren't willing to bet we'd be able to bounce back. Hummels Müller Reus (and possibly Di Maria next)
    For whatever reason we haven't signed superstars since Veron and look at our weakest in two decades. Exactly now people expect us to snare 4 Madrid players and a couple from Munich??!!??

We ruined any relations with Everton with last year's mess. No I didn't think we can sign one of their players unless you are happy with a 40m+ bid for "just" an Everton player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

200 pages of posts in 107 hours lads, well done :)

picard_clapping.gifkim-jong-un-clapping-gif.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭twam2008

Wonder if I could get a job at the Daily Mail, doesn't seem too hard, just not sure if I'd be imaginative enough for them.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2358178/Wayne-Rooney-sign-Barcelona-Thiago-Alcantara-David-Villa-going-Manchester-United.html

1372200516879.jpg

advertsfox wrote: »

picard_clapping.gif

Only 253 hours to go!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

advertsfox wrote: »

picard_clapping.gifkim-jong-un-clapping-gif.gif

Pfft 40 posts per page ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

United are 1/3 for di maria on sky bet and PSG are 9/4. Worth backing PSG if you're not confident he will sign for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Delboy5

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Hococop wrote: »
    United are 1/3 for di maria on sky bet and PSG are 9/4. Worth backing PSG if you're not confident he will sign for us.

Anyone allowing bets on him to stay at Real? Don't think so as far as I can tell. Thats the most likely outcome IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

KingJamsie wrote: »
    Someone in here yesterday said LVG turned down Kroos & Fabregas :eek:
    In denial. :pac:

Yeah, that was Paul Scholes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

TheTownie wrote: »
    Anyone allowing bets on him to stay at Real? Don't think so as far as I can tell. Thats the most likely outcome IMO.

Don't know only saw it on the sky transfer center

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

rob316 wrote: »
    They are picked for there negotiation skills but they are totally unprepared for the transfer game, it's a learning curve.

Absolutely, it's a learning curve for anyone who hasn't done it before.

High value acquisitions require a totally different mindset to selling advertising space and being good at one is no guarantee of being good at the other.

To have someone learning on the job in that role for clubs like Utd and Liverpool is reckless to say the least.

It's like giving a learner driver a Ferrari and a driving manual and then expect them to win a Grand Prix in a couple of months.

Ed Woodward is probably a nice guy and I have sympathy for the fact that he's just not very good at buying football players but if he was an honourable man he would have resigned by now.

He's doing more harm than good by not standing aside to allow someone capable to do what needs to be done. (or we could just blame the Glazers)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement