Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/08

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

xtal191 wrote: »

and this little gem....
    LvG: "I was not hired to be fired, but to build up a team and that is a process that needs time."

also....looks like he is aware of the focus on him and what fans are thinking.
    Two weeks ago I was the king of Manchester. Now I am the devil."

and again setting the excuses in early. why wait 3 months when he can see the problems there since last year...why not have the 3 months to allow his new players to settle in, as opposed to settling to work with fletcher, young and co.
    LvG: "I have told Edward Woodward and the Glazer family that it takes me 3 months to settle in."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Can't sell Welbeck and Hernandez. If one goes, the other has to stay so Welbeck will probably be kept seeing as there is no way in hell hernandez is going to sit another season on the bench surely?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

press conference is on now and he asked about the scholes comments i think - LVG admits that the fans are scared after last year and the performance last week but asks for Scholes and the fans to believe.

7299f06ec097283bffe940542ddb2578_crop_north.jpg?w=543&h=361&q=75

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Anyone else confused about United this transfer season? Unless we know 100% players are coming in I don't see the point in loaning players and saying players are for sale. I mean, that's obvious squad management.

I know things will look a lot rosier of the game on Sunday is won but I really don't see a 'plan' transfer wise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

If Van Gaal is speaking like that, I'm guessing that no-one else is coming in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Anyone have any ideas to make the Ice Bucket Challenge interesting? My time has come :(

Jump into a swimming pool while holding a few bags of ice in your hands.

Anyone else confused about United this transfer season? Unless we know 100% players are coming in I don't see the point in loaning players and saying players are for sale. I mean, that's obvious squad management.

The reality is that even with no other players coming in, we've quite a bloated squad in places. If LVG only plans on playing 1 striker in games, and we have 5 (RVP, Rooney, Welbeck, Hernandez, Wilson), as well as trying to get games for Januzaj, Mata, Kagawa, Young, Valencia, Nani, Lingard (who will all struggle to fit into in the system when we play 2 strikers).....it would be poorer squad management to have them just sitting on the bench or at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

https://twitter.com/manutd/status/502829353135513600

@ManUtd: Van Gaal on Welbeck departure rumours: "I know what I said to Danny and Danny knows exactly what I said to him. That is private." #mufc

this worrys me...
    LvG on Scholes comments: "The fans have to believe in the philosophy of the club, including Paul."

scholes has seen the players for the last 5+ years, LVG has been with them for 5 weeks. surely Paul Scholes knows as much about the philosophy of the club as anybody else, if not more than most.

is it really a case that van gaal and the board genuinely think the current playing squad is ok, apart from Di Maria?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

and this little gem....

also....looks like he is aware of the focus on him and what fans are thinking.

and again setting the excuses in early. why wait 3 months when he can see the problems there since last year...why not have the 3 months to allow his new players to settle in, as opposed to settling to work with fletcher, young and co.

He has been consistent with his 3 months for the team to adapt to his ways/system. Its not a new thing.

Are you surprised he is aware of what happens in the outside world?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Well all LvG's talk about ''philosophy'' and wanting belief in his would suggest there will not be major investment coming.

And his response to the Wellbeck rumours would suggest they're true. You'd imagine it'd have been denied and quashed if there was no truth to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Anyone have any ideas to make the Ice Bucket Challenge interesting? My time has come :(

Down a pint while doing it?

or something involving a wheelie bin and a unicycle?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

LVGs quotes are worth the salary alone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

All out for strootman and gundogan in january if no cm is bought next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Take some time out of your day to read this: http://balls.ie/football/totallymanu-twitter-account-thats-bad-brilliant/

Brilliant.

its really strange that LVG is questioning one of our greatest ever players suggesting that perhaps Scholes doesnt understand he philosophy of the club.

if one of our best ever players doesnt agreed or understand it or believe in it as LVG says, would this not suggest that perhaps that philosophy is wrong?

this worrys me...

scholes has seen the players for the last 5+ years, LVG has been with them for 5 weeks. surely Paul Scholes knows as much about the philosophy of the club as world

is it really a case that van gaal and the board genuinely think the current playing squad is ok, apart from Di Maria?

lesson.gif

Edit: Jaysus that pic came out big!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

NTMK wrote: »
    Down a pint while doing it?

or something involving a wheelie bin and a unicycle?

Lol, mine involved a wheelie bin although no unicycle.

I PM'd the 2 lads a link.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

case885 wrote: »
    All out for strootman and gundogan in january if no cm is bought next week.

as much as i would love gundogan i wouldnt touch him with a barge pole atm so many questions over the state of his back:(

i
    if one of our best ever players doesnt agreed or understand it or believe in it as LVG says, would this not suggest that perhaps that philosophy is wrong?

I would be more inclined to believe in a philosophy of a manager with multiple trophies and success stories than a player who has never managed a team ever. Scholes was a great player but we have no idea what contribution he made to philosophy at the club, while LVG obviously has a philosophy he will try to impose that scholes has never played under.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Robson99

Coat22 wrote: »
    LVGs quotes are worth the salary alone

LVG is beginning to talk s*hite if you ask me.

Herrera injured, Rojo doesnt have a work permit.

Lvg said in an interview with mutv that Herrera is injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

Ah FFS.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

What injury has Herrera?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Dear god, midfield will be really torn apart.

What injury has Herrera?

No idea. Fellaini injured too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Herrara injured LVG says? Maybe thats why he came off last week. I never noticed.
    Balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Actually dreading the first XI we're going to name on Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

this is becoming a shakesperian tragedy

Didn't take very long at all in fairness for some "fans" to start to turn on the manager. Its kinda funny in a way I guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

[Positivity] RVP is fit and available for selection. RVP, Rafael, Valencia, and Evans can all come back into the side.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

I am impressed its taken 6 days for some fans to turn on van gaal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

its really strange that LVG is questioning one of our greatest ever players suggesting that perhaps Scholes doesnt understand he philosophy of the club.

In that case I suppose you could also apply the same to a person on an internet forum who might be calling our CE incompetent and questioning our Manager. I think these 2 might just know about more about football and running a club and maybe the person on the forum is wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

Rooney in centre midfield me thinks. RVP and Welbeck up top.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Tom Clev to step in so at the weekend and boss the midfield :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

[Negativity] Rojo doesn't have a work permit yet and apparently Herrera is injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Make sure you donate some money not like all the idiots I know just soaking themselves in water and not even knowing why!

(Not saying you are like one of them idiots)

In that case I suppose you could also apply the same to a person on an internet forum who might be calling our CE incompetent and questioning our Manager. I think these 2 might just know about more about football and running a club and maybe the person on the forum is wrong?

i trust Paul Scholes to be a better judge of the clubs philosophy than almost anybody in the football. im sorry that upsets you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

i trust Paul Scholes to be a better judge of the clubs philosophy than almost anybody in the football. im sorry that upsets you.

How do you know scholes doesnt have an agenda? This is the same scholes who felt moyes should have been given more time.

I'd rather see Kagawa given a start in midfield Rather than T Clev :(

Thought he did grand in pre season.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Robson99 wrote: »
    LVG is beginning to talk s*hite if you ask me.

LVG has talked shíte his entire managerial career. He is famous for it. If you accept him as manager then you have to accept that he will say and do many ridiculous things.

Everybody needs to show some faith in him and shut the fúck up with all the criticisms.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭twam2008

Is Herrera definitely injured? Can't find it anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

twam2008 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/502833630067302402

twam2008 wrote: »

I watched lvg say it on mutv

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Who would you prefer to manager the club, Scholes or van Gaal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

So a midfield of Fletcher and Cleverley at the weekend?

Sunderland are 4/1, just saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Robson99

Saying hes beginning to talk sh*te doesn't mean I'm turning against him. Doesn't mean I'm any less of a fan or as an op put it ' so called fan'. And whats the difference Pro. F with me questioning his comments and you questioning Scholes comments.??. All bow down in front of you is it???.

Also saying what he discussed with welbeck was a private matter is b*blocks. It will be known at the end of the transfer window. Does he stay or go??

• Advertisement

sundays team could be as poor as last weeks, apart from RVP coming into it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement