Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/08

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Off topic a bit but MOTD 50 year special on now, should be a good bit about United on it if anyone forgot it was on!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

some more quotes emerging from the second part of the press conference.

all of these are taken from same place -

Pretty sure LVG said sacked not sex. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭twam2008

some more quotes emerging from the second part of the press conference.

all of these are taken from same place - United Report ‏@UtdReport

Last one! He's mad genius!

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

Hopefully powell gets a few games under his belt for us now,I think he could turn into a great player,def needs to be given a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Looking forward to the Neville-LvG interview as you'd expect Neville to ask some good questions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

I don't understand the hype around Powell, I just don't get it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

I don't understand the hype around Powell, I just don't get it

How many times have you seen him play?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Why are the two things I activatley follow seem in such disarray wwe and Man U! However I will soldier on and provide my undying love.

I feel like Jesse In breakin bad getting ****ed over by the much more powerful Walt but as in that show (as Jesse did) and in wrestling I shall get my retribution and we will come out on top

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Sirsok wrote: »

I feel like Jesse In breakin bad getting ****ed over by the much more powerful Walt but as in that show (as Jesse did) and in wrestling I shall get my retribution and we will come out on top

Yeah! Retribution, bitch! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Watching athletico holding their own against real. They've lost big players, have injuries, no major budget.
    Amazing.

If we were playing real tonight, I'd say we would be five down.

Edit: there's a lot of men in that team. We don't have many players I would describe as men.
    In 94 we had a team of men. Same eleven every week. Boys made of glass these days

Double super edit: can you imagine cleverley in the 94 squad.... Wouldn't have lasted a season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

De Gea, Mata and Rooney will pick up some injury before weekend is out.

this is like my worst nightmare with added doom and gloom

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Shure, we beat Real two weeks ago :P

Anyway, the Mexican manager has left Hernandez out of the squad for an upcoming friendly, saying that Hernandez needs time to figure out his future. Seemed to be implying a transfer is on the cards, of some sorts anyway....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Watching athletico holding their own against real. They've lost big players, have injuries, no major budget.
    Amazing.

They have lost big players but they've spent nearly 100 million this summer so their budget has increased greatly from the doldrums they were in a couple of years ago.

Amazing.

Spent almost 100mill on
    Mario Mandzukic
    Jan Oblak
    Jesus Gamez
    Raul Jimenez
    Antoine Griezmann
    Miguel Moya
    Cristian Ansaldi

but yeah wed prob be 5 down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Amazing.

This summers spends

R. Jiménez € 10M
    Jesús Gámez € 2.5M
    A. Griezmann € 30M
    J. Oblak € 16M
    M. Mandžukić € 22M
    Á. Correa € 7.5M
    Guilherme Siqueira € 10M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Amazing.

Since others have responded to the misguided notion they had a small budget Ill skip that

People also thought that Madrid would rip us apart in the pre season game, of course since we won that pretty handy it doesn't hold any other significance then a silly pre season game. What it shows though is a continual habit of United fans seriously underestimating the teams ability.

*Anybody watch Orange is the New Black? Watching it now, 3 episodes in, does it actually get any better? People told me it was great. The missus is next to me, she seems to enjoy it, maybe its just aimed at wimmin

QikBax wrote: »
    They have lost big players but they've spent nearly 100 million this summer so their budget has increased greatly from the doldrums they were in a couple of years ago.

You listen to football weekly podcast aswel......WOOF!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Was watching this with my da. He was a spurs fan. Still remember he turned to me and said 'thank f*ck he didn't sign for yous' :)

http://youtu.be/GVMaIUSeRxA

Just watching that reminded me, Giggs made his United debut a few months before that final and only retired in May. Pretty phenomenal when you think about it.

QikBax wrote: »

They spent what they earned. The point is they didn't blow it on a big name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

jebus84 wrote: »
    You listen to football weekly podcast aswel

Next he will be telling us what time Carragher and Neville start work on a monday :pac:

The neville interview is up on the telegraph website.

kryogen wrote: »
    Since others have responded to the misguided notion they had a small budget Ill skip that

People also thought that Madrid would rip us apart in the pre season game, of course since we won that pretty handy it doesn't hold any other significance then a silly pre season game. What it shows though is a continual habit of United fans seriously underestimating the teams ability.

*Anybody watch Orange is the New Black? Watching it now, 3 episodes in, does it actually get any better? People told me it was great. The missus is next to me, she seems to enjoy it, maybe its just aimed at wimmin

I thought oitnb was great!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Just watching that reminded me, Giggs made his United debut a few months before that final and only retired in May. Pretty phenomenal when you think about it.

Really? I thought he came through the season after. It would have been a master stroke if fergie got him instead of spurs, but it would have been ince, Gascogne, Robson and Webb. Would that have meant we missed out on Keane.

Giggs--Keane--gascoine--beckham
    scholes

cantona
    /-

Would have been fun :)

What? That wasn't the point at all!

• Advertisement

DM-ICE wrote: »

Sorry I'm on a ****ty old iPod. Can't link to anything. Can't thank posts either for some reason on boards.

What? That wasn't the point at all!

What was the point?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

Amazing.

Edit: there's a lot of men in that team. We don't have many players I would describe as men.
    In 94 we had a team of men. Same eleven every week. Boys made of glass these days

Double super edit: can you imagine cleverley in the 94 squad.... Wouldn't have lasted a season
    The 94 lads drank like good things. It has to be the modern sport science approach thats messing up todays squad. !!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Sirsok wrote: »
    Why are the two things I activatley follow seem in such disarray wwe and Man U! However I will soldier on and provide my undying love.

Woodward...

104294-he-cant-keep-getting-away-with-SGL1.gif

• Advertisement

What was the point?

We need new midfielders and we should spend the millions we have before the transfer window is closed before we start each Man Utd conversion with "Remember when......"

It's a good interview. Hmmm. Not convinced by it though

Sorry I'm on a ****ty old iPod. Can't link to anything. Can't thank posts either for some reason on boards.

You're grand, I was about to post the link anyway so just picked your post to reply to so I didn't have to say what link i was posting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

No, they didn't. Atletico Madrid are the perfect example of how not to financially run a club.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Good way to end my day. Seems calm but confident in a way Moyes never did.

I liked how even Gary Neville was scared of saying the wrong thing or making an eejit of himself on front of Van Gaal.

He is clear in what he wants, people may not like it (his plan), but there is no issue with him dithering or uncertainty he knows what he wants and expects.

You're grand, I was about to post the link anyway so just picked your post to reply to so I didn't have to say what link i was posting

I want to thank your post but I can't :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Deiseboy01 wrote: »
    Way behind here but this is soooooo spot on I just had to thank it, read the original Pro F post and thought it one of the most arrogant posts I've ever seen on Boards.

Generally appreciate Pro F s posts so not a dig but Jesus the tone that post was off the scale me me me!!

If I had been talking about something Alan Shearer had said and I used the same tone nobody would bat an eyelid.

Good interview. How you could not have faith in that man would be beyond me!

Just looking at some of the teams that would want or need a player like Welbeck.

I like him so would want him to get a move that is good for him if he is going, but I would hate to see him in the Premier League with any of the better sides that need a striker, Arsenal, Spurs and also hate to see him end up at Southampton or somewhere like that.

So I reallllllly hope he is staying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,657 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

On the money Kry.

We need to get 100% behind this man. I know I will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Hopefully he gets on a good run so he will have a big backing from the fans. I think a lot are a bit skeptical to whether he can back up his talk. As long as the fans don't turn on him and he has the time, no doubt the team will improve greatly.

What was the point?

That they were a poor little club without much money who had lost their big names and had to contend with injuries to some of the good one they had left. That it was an "amazing" feat that they were holding their own against the mighty Real
    Amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,392 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Just looking at some of the teams that would want or need a player like Welbeck.

I like him so would want him to get a move that is good for him if he is going, but I would hate to see him in the Premier League with any of the better sided that need a striker, Arsenal, Spurs and also hate to see him end up at Southampton or somewhere like that.

So I reallllllly hope he is staying.

If his recent European escapades are anything to go by he'd do very well in Germany and Spain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I have faith in LVG.

I dont have faith in some of the first team squad.

LVG cant just get a magic wand.

I love watching the way Louis just bitchslaps the journalists at the press conference

Reporter: Louis can you not explain to us though, why you are letting Danny Welbeck go?

I won't type out his full response and that, but it was excellent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭twam2008

Very enjoyable read, Neville's legendaryness knows no end, will look forward to his regular commentary. Are you getting a cut from Telegraph Homer?

Can't be easy to freak out Gary like that

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/03015/louis-gaal_3015179b.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Pro. F wrote: »
    If I had been talking about something Alan Sheerer had said and I used the same tone nobody would bat an eyelid.

What's an Alan Sheerer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Have to say I am loving the honesty and insight Neville and Scholes are bringing to the media world. Carragher is good but he is so biased toward Liverpool still. Neville is by far the best pundit on tv now in my eyes. Even when I dont agree with him.

I have faith in LVG.

If you have faith in LVG you would trust him surely to get the first team squad into shape and of the quality required to meet the goals of himself and the fans?

Since he has taken the job he has been pretty clear that this is not going to be an over night job

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I have faith in LVG.

Exactly this. There's no question that Van Gaal is a great coach but he's not going to turn water into wine. As good as he is, with the squad being so full of crap, he's going to struggle.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement