Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/08

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Marca saying United *negotiating personal terms with Di Maria

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

ElChe32 wrote: »

No I can't get caught up in this emotional rollercoaster :):(:):(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Yeah. Rumour is a fee has been agreed with Real.

Scarlett Johansson humping exercise ball.gif at the ready lads

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Scarlett Johansson humping exercise ball.gif at the ready lads

Why am I only hearing of this gif now, I must learn of this link for ................. Science

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

If we get both players I will change my username to I love Ed Woodward..

Let me spend a fiver god dam it Ed!!

Ed must read boards.

Oh Di Maria he makes me happy
    Oh Di Maria he so fast!!!!

Hococop wrote: »
    Why am I only hearing of this gif now, I must learn of this link for ................. Science

give_it_to_me.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

I really hope people don't start jumping back on Ed's knob IF these transfers actually happen, the man has shown he's totally incompetent when it comes to negotiating transfers and I for one hope this is the last window he has any dealings in. From the whole 'we have money, watch this space' speech to this yet another shambles of a transfer window shows he's just not able.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

NTMK wrote: »
    the source of this rumour is claiming it was from his mate in the bridgewater ad we dont do medicals in the bridgewater any more afaik they're done at uniteds medical facility which for some reason is sponsored by toshiba

Its likely bull****

I think Toshiba supplied a state of the art medical scanner hence the sponsorship.
    It does look like they didnt also supply the manual

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Di Maria and Vidal! Please Ed , Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Stop fcuking making me excited with Di Maria lads :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Quick, someone find a friend at Toshiba!

I've a toshiba laptop and when I goggle Di Maria the 3rd item is Di Maria too Man United!

Di MariON!!!

:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Hococop wrote: »
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-19786-1339600624-26.gif

You know, I was getting annoyed at the lack of transfers. But after seeing that gif Im suddenly very calm and happy.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Great article in the telegraph with G Nev interviewing LVG, not sure if it's been posted here. Def worth a read.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

I used to be so calm when I found out about our transfers on teletext.

Twitter has turned us all into gibbering wrecks.

Please God, for the love of humanity let us sign again this window!

Marca in Spain quoting Ancelotti after last nights match - at least we know they going somewhere anyway..
    Di María:. "It's a technical decision did not need to Di Maria No more reinforcements will arrive market is over..".

Khedira: "had permission to leave and when the player is free, you can go anywhere."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

Now I'm so excited about Di Maria and Khadeira that if its only DM I'll feel cheated.

We really do need Khadeira too Ed. F*ck LVG and his "fairness" - you know Flethcer / Cleverly / Anderson et al are crap so just go over his magnificent head

irishfeen wrote: »
    Marca in Spain quoting Ancelotti after last nights match - at least we know they going somewhere anyway..

Still think his Khadeira quote suggest he's talking to more than one club - make sure we win this one lads - these 2 could solve an awful lot of problems

• Advertisement

MANUTD99 wrote: »
    I used to be so calm when I found out about our transfers on teletext.

Twitter has turned us all into gibbering wrecks.

Please God, for the love of humanity let us sign again this window!

LOL - it does drive everyone bonkers.

I hark back to the day when Keane signed for United and I only found out about it a week later in a Sunday newspaper in Germany

Hark Hark

Imagine Khedira, Di Maria & Vidal over next week...

excited-baby.gif

Imagine Khedira, Di Maria & Vidal over next week...

excited-baby.gif

No need for Vidal and his gammy knee if we get Khadeira. Lets just get these 2 and move for a CB.:)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Not that I ever thought the Vidal deal was likely, but surely the fact he still has barely played a game means we should be very weary of signing him. Maybe at Xmas when we see how his recovery is, but spending that money on a player who might not play for another month, and we don't know how well after, is very risky...l

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Imagine Khedira, Di Maria & Vidal over next week..

oh the dream! Although Id take the 2 Madrid boys and be happy out

319339.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭billyhead

Oh you of little faith. Who gives a **** what problem ADM would have fitting in. Hes world class. Sign him up Ed. Next for a CM:D

• Advertisement

What was a transfer window like before the internet? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

It didnt exist!

Trilla wrote: »
    319339.png
    I thought Suarez gone to Barca? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

You pressed 220 on your remote and hoped for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

just on the whole "this squad won the league a year ago " thing. Pretty much the entire first choice back line have moved on. Carrick is gone at this stage. Anderson and nani are gone. Scholes and Giggs have retired. Cleverly has regressed totally. Van Persie has been beset by the injuries that were always the risk for a player of his age and injury history. Also that squad was, as many agreed, already painfully weak in midfield. So this is not a squad that won a league. It is the weaker remnants of a weak squad, and one that has not replaced properly any of the key people who left and where those who remain are now two years older and for some you can really see that. Also this is at a time when all of our main opponents have invested hugely in strengthening their squads. I would love if we had a new Class of 92 coming through but we will be lucky if maybe two players get into the squad at the appropriate level for a team that should be aspiring to winning the Champions League.

And just on this morning's rumours, replacing Nani with DiMaria is great, but still does not deal with central midfield. Fletcher and Cleverly with Mata further up? We'll be torn apart again

• Advertisement

*Presses 220 on sky*.... WTF you used get your transfer news from MTV? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I remember United had definitely, 100% signed Patrick Kluivert. The aul wan was giving me money to get his name on my jersey and all :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

*Presses 220 on sky*.... WTF you used get your transfer news from MTV? :D

You must be still in school. It was on Teletext.

I checked 20 times a day. Sometimes, the page never change at all.

Edit: It was on RTE. None of that Sky ****e in our house back then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Ah them days, when you could turn on teletext in the middle of October and see that you signed someone.

I think people would actually go insane if there was no transfer window in today's game. Waiting and waiting and waiting for some transfer action to happen.

You found out on the Radio 1 sportsnews at 1.30 that Man UTd had signed Andy Cole

You must be still in school. It was on Teletext.

I checked 20 times a day. Sometimes, the page never change at all.
    220.gif

Ah ya I just caught the very tail end of it ... awful service really, thank god for the age of the internet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Coat22 wrote: »
    You found out on the Radio 1 sportsnews at 1.30 that Man UTd had signed Andy Cole

Didnt find that out until I got home from college that evening and my flatmate told me. Didnt believe him so straight to teletex for official confirmation.

I used to rely on BBC radio 2 and then when they started 5 live it really picked up for sports news!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Nothing worse than forgetting to lock the page, half way through reading it and it would change! Then waiting 4 more pages or so before ya get back to the start of what you were reading!

advertsfox wrote: »
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-19786-1339600624-26.gif

Post of the day, nothing will beat it!

• Advertisement

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Post of the day, nothing will beat it!

Scarlett-Johansson-hobo-yoga.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Well bai's ye ready for round 2 :pac:

sn2opl.jpg

Just so everyone knows, that's me winning :cool::pac:

I hope Di Maria does join, even though I'm not his biggest fan he is a great player and it would show United can still bring in top players.

Im trying my best to not get my hopes up and to wait until I see him holding a United shirt before getting happy. So anytime someone I know mentions Di Maria joining my reaction has pretty much been...

martin-s-not-listening-o.gif

Anyone care to make a guess?

Ed has offered them Anderson and a half eaten rich tea for Vidal's uncle Tim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Rojo got a 2nd call asking about the club from a man named Arturo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

The club is descending into farce.

F..k Di Maria. Yes...f..k Di Maria. Wasting £50m on a winger when our midfield and defence are a shambles is a complete joke. This is a disastrous transfer for the club.

Regardless of what the fanboys would like you to believe, Mata was a bad signing. A lazy overrated player who couldn't get into Chelsea's first team and who Mourinho wanted shot of. The guy's done nothing to justify his reputation since he arrived. A panic buy who wasn't needed on the basis that we have Kagawa who has been treated appallingly since he joined.

Herrera - Another laughable signing. A non international who nobody else wanted yet who still cost £30m?

Meanwhile Cesc Fabregas looks like Roy Keane mixed with Xavi at Chelsea, all for £30m? Laughable.

I'll say it now...Van Gaal hasn't got a clue. His glory days are behind him and he's just here for a payday. This is a Scolari scenario and he'll be gone within a year. The club is going down the toilet from a football perspective and the only man who could have saved it (Mourinho) was deemed unfit by Bobby Charlton.

We're f..ked lads...there isn't a hope in hell of us finishing 4th unless we sack Van Gaal and appoint a manager who has actually achieved something in recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭hogandrew

KH25 wrote: »
    Ed has offered them Anderson and a half eaten rich tea for Vidal's uncle Tim.

That's what they get for giving Anderson the rich tea to mind on the way over with the offer!

Maybe Vidal finally sold the house and has moved into a new apartment in Turin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,658 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Isnt he the one that talks unbelievable ****e?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement