Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/08

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Lads, don't feed him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

The club is descending into farce.

F..k Di Maria. Yes...f..k Di Maria. Wasting £50m on a winger when our midfield and defence are a shambles is a complete joke. This is a disastrous transfer for the club.

Regardless of what the fanboys would like you to believe, Mata was a bad signing. A lazy overrated player who couldn't get into Chelsea's first team and who Mourinho wanted shot of. The guy's done nothing to justify his reputation since he arrived. A panic buy who wasn't needed on the basis that we have Kagawa who has been treated appallingly since he joined.

Herrera - Another laughable signing. A non international who nobody else wanted yet who still cost £30m?

Meanwhile Cesc Fabregas looks like Roy Keane mixed with Xavi at Chelsea, all for £30m? Laughable.

I'll say it now...Van Gaal hasn't got a clue. His glory days are behind him and he's just here for a payday. This is a Scolari scenario and he'll be gone within a year. The club is going down the toilet from a football perspective and the only man who could have saved it (Mourinho) was deemed unfit by Bobby Charlton.

We're f..ked lads...there isn't a hope in hell of us finishing 4th unless we sack Van Gaal and appoint a manager who has actually achieved something in recent years.

Tell us how you really feel Larry.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

F..k Di Maria. Yes...f..k Di Maria. Wasting £50m on a winger when our midfield and defence are a shambles is a complete joke. This is a disastrous transfer for the club.

Regardless of what the fanboys would like you to believe, Mata was a bad signing. A lazy overrated player who couldn't get into Chelsea's first team and who Mourinho wanted shot of. The guy's done nothing to justify his reputation since he arrived. A panic buy who wasn't needed on the basis that we have Kagawa who has been treated appallingly since he joined.

Herrera - Another laughable signing. A non international who nobody else wanted yet who still cost £30m?

Meanwhile Cesc Fabregas looks like Roy Keane mixed with Xavi at Chelsea, all for £30m? Laughable.

I'll say it now...Van Gaal hasn't got a clue. His glory days are behind him and he's just here for a payday. This is a Scolari scenario and he'll be gone within a year. The club is going down the toilet from a football perspective and the only man who could have saved it (Mourinho) was deemed unfit by Bobby Charlton.

We're f..ked lads...there isn't a hope in hell of us finishing 4th unless we sack Van Gaal and appoint a manager who has actually achieved something in recent years.

Calm down, United lost 1 game.

I guess you don't watch Spanish football much if you think Di Maria is exclusively a winger. He had the best season of his career last year playing in central midfield.

3rd place in the World Cup with a mediocre Dutch team isn't an achievement? Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

I've got just the man

david-moyes-community-shield.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Lads, don't feed him.

Don't take the bate man...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

3rd place in the World Cup with a mediocre Dutch team isn't an achievement? Really?

People do remember they got to the final of the previous World Cup, right?

That was under Bert Van Marwijk as I recall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Again that post is just full of nonsense Larry, cmon, post some facts instead of hyperbole and nonsense!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Mr Alan wrote: »

Nothing changes in 4 years. Sneijder et al spent their time in Tír na nÓg iirc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

People do remember that their 3 star players weren't in their 30s in that world cup right?

Do you Liverpool fans talk about anything other than history??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Do you Liverpool fans talk about anything other than history??

try living with it for 25 ****ing years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

So what?

Was a very different squad then. A different keeper, Ooijer, van Bronckhurst, van Bommel, Heitinja, Babel, van de Wiel, Mathijsen, a younger De Jong, Afellay, van De Vaart, a more in form Sneijder etc...

Robben and RVP were younger too, although if you take fitness out of it they're probably better players now

Not really comparable imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Here we go

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Seems like once again all the Di Maria talk is coming from the selling club and the player. No call for thinking United are after him or are close to a deal at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

67037-Christian-Bale-oh-kiss-reactio-NZEo.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Here we go

Part 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Those Di Maria rumours have to be 100% nonsense, no way will yous pay that sort of money for another attacking player when your defence and midfield is in dire need of reinforcements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Although Di Maria is the better player I'd much prefer to see Khedira prioritised and all efforts concentrated on signing him, if indeed we are interested in the two of them.

Would still love to see Di Maria arrive, just not prioritised.

Of course no one is arriving so it's all just fun and games. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Part 2

For all we know that's just some guy commenting about his FM career mode :P

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Those Di Maria rumours have to be 100% nonsense, no way will yous pay that sort of money for another attacking player when your defence and midfield is in dire need of reinforcements.

You are probably right but have you watched Manchester united transfer policy over the last 2-3 seasons? Nothing would surprise me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

adox wrote: »
    You are probably right but have you watched Manchester united transfer policy over the last 2-3 seasons? Nothing would surprise me.

With RVP, Rooney, Mata, Hernandez, Januzaj, Welbeck, Valencia, Kagawa etc yous are well stocked in attacking options. On another note is Zaha still at the club?

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Scarlett-Johansson-hobo-yoga.gif

I stand corrected! Cor!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

Lads, don't feed him.

You see, you and your mates are so hoodwinked that you actually think that someone who questions Van Gaal and Mata is a troll.

We are f..ked unless drastic action is taken. £150m spend in one week needed.

But it's easier to fantasise about the past and accuse real fans of trolling. We are in a crisis.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    With RVP, Rooney, Mata, Hernandez, Januzaj, Welbeck, Valencia, Kagawa etc yous are well stocked in attacking options. On another note is Zaha still at the club?

Yeah Zaha is still there. No for much longer I would think.

Btw I'm in no way disagreeing that we aren't well stocked in attacking options.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

keane2097 wrote: »
    Just so everyone knows, that's me winning :cool::pac:
    Not for long my dear friend :)

You see, you and your mates are so hoodwinked that you actually think that someone who questions Van Gaal and Mata is a troll.

But it's easier to fantasise about the past and accuse real fans of trolling. We are in a crisis.

Sorry, I'm still waiting for you to say we shouldn't sign Angel Di Maria cause he's Argentinian.

People think you're a troll cause you post nothing but moronic trolly hyperbolic BS, not because we're brainwashed.

"Real fans" Jibe sums up the tone of your posts pretty well tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭twam2008

Januzaj and Young are defending on Sunday and Fletcher and Cleverley are holding the midfield? Any predictions?

mesmerlucas-dailymailcouk.jpg

And you're back in the room,

try living with it for 25 ****ing years.

Ha I thought all your family were ITK? Didn't realise they were pool fans!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Didn't call you a troll. I wouldn't do that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Ha I thought all your family were ITK? Didn't realise they were pool fans!

You took it too literally.

and please provide evidence where I said "all my family" are ITK. (look forward to this)

could not wait to have a pop could you?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

twam2008 wrote: »
    Januzaj and Young are defending on Sunday and Fletcher and Cleverley are holding the midfield? Any predictions?

If Jan plays it'll be up top with Rooney, WB's will be 2 from Young, James, Raf and Valencia. I'd guess Young and Raf.

2-4 to united.

lordgoat wrote: »
    If Jan plays it'll be up top with Rooney, WB's will be 2 from Young, James, Raf and Valencia. I'd guess Young and Raf.

2-4 to united.

Telegraph posted the team sheet. It had Young and Januzaj as wing backs.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Ed The Equalizer

Is he going to play Young on the left and Jan on the left? Thought that was bizarre last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Not a Utd fan but I find your situation quite fascinating.
    You only last won the league in 2012/13 (as you well know!)
    and below is the squad
    Looking at it, you have to say that the biggest loss in todays squad seems to be in defence, you lost a lot of experience very quickly. (Vidic and Evra, and even Rio)
    Strange that you didn't immediately fix this under moyes but most of all under LVG

Still you lost the opening game last time and went on to win it and now you have a WC defender. So once you get a few injured back, you still have a pretty good team and one that SAF could challenge with if he was still in charge

Manchester United
    Anderson, Bebe, Alexander Buttner, Michael Carrick, Javier Hernandez, Tom Cleverley, David De Gea, Jonathan Evans, Patrice Evra, Rio Ferdinand, Darren Fletcher, Ryan Giggs, Shinji Kagawa, Anders Lindegaard, Nani, Rafael da Silva, Wayne Rooney, Paul Scholes, Chris Smalling, Luis Antonio Valencia, Robin Van Persie, Nemanja Vidic, Daniel Welbeck, Ashley Young.

and last saturdays team

De Gea, Jones, Smalling, Blackett, Lingaard, Fletcher, Herrera, Young, Mata, Rooney (c), Hernandez
    Subs: Amos, James, M Keane, Fellaini, Kagawa, Nani, Januzaj

• Advertisement

Taok wrote: »
    Is he going to play Young on the left and Jan on the left? Thought that was bizarre last week.

c66f3630-7cf2-4144-b59c-931855810cde-368x420.png

It's going to be tough to predict the teams put out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Sorry if posted already, sums up things fairly well at the moment

Manchester United
    Anderson, Bebe, Alexander Buttner, Michael Carrick, Javier Hernandez, Tom Cleverley, David De Gea, Jonathan Evans, Patrice Evra, Rio Ferdinand, Darren Fletcher, Ryan Giggs, Shinji Kagawa, Anders Lindegaard, Nani, Rafael da Silva, Wayne Rooney, Paul Scholes, Chris Smalling, Luis Antonio Valencia, Robin Van Persie, Nemanja Vidic, Daniel Welbeck, Ashley Young.

and last saturdays team

De Gea, Jones, Smalling, Blackett, Lingaard, Fletcher, Herrera, Young, Mata, Rooney (c), Hernandez
    Subs: Amos, James, M Keane, Fellaini, Kagawa, Nani, Januzaj

Lingard and Lindergaard are two different dudes :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

RobertKK wrote: »
    http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/how-real-madrid-helped-to-rebuild-manchester-united-after-munich-air-disaster-8492422.html

I think we should remember the history between United and Real Madrid.

They are my Spanish team of choice, they were there when United was in the darkest part of their history.

That is a brilliant read imagine united had puskas and di Stefano on loan only for the fa to block it.

Don't care who posted it, it's inaccurate.
    Taok wrote: »

They never played as wing backs. It was 4 at the back for the second half when Janz came on. He played wide right pretty much.
    c66f3630-7cf2-4144-b59c-931855810cde-368x420.png

It's going to be tough to predict the teams put out.

This is not the team.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I feel that the fact LVG sidestepped the question in such a non-committal way probably means there is truth in a departure somewhere. He could have as easily replied "Shtupid question, he's going nowhere!" but instead offered an answer that works if he stays or goes long term.

I thought that initially, but then after thinking about it some more I thought it would make sense for him to answer in that way if he intends on handling questions about players future and stuff said privately between player and manager like that as a stock remark. If he intends to never divulge any information of that nature then it is important to start out that way regardless of the conversation.

My own personal take is that he has told Welbeck he has a part to play but made it clear that he will not be first choice and if he wants to go he will not stand in his way, which is why Dannys people are sounding out his options possibly. Makes the most sense to me anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

I feel Lingard will start as wing back again.

kryogen wrote: »
    I thought that initially, but then after thinking about it some more I thought it would make sense for him to answer in that way if he intends on handling questions about players future and stuff said privately between player and manager like that as a stock remark. If he intends to never divulge any information of that nature then it is important to start out that way regardless of the conversation.

My own personal take is that he has told Welbeck he has a part to play but made it clear that he will not be first choice and if he wants to go he will not stand in his way, which is why Dannys people are sounding out his options possibly. Makes the most sense to me anyway

I read it and thought it implied Welbecks agent did the talking. LVG said, him and giggs didn't speak to the media and he doubts than DW did. Who else would be in the conversation with him? To me it's the agent.
    LostBoy101 wrote: »
    I feel Lingard will start as wing back again.

Ya the crutches will help him get up and down the wing alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

lordgoat wrote: »
    Don't care who posted it, it's inaccurate.

They never played as wing backs. It was 4 at the back for the second half when Janz came on. He played wide right pretty much.

This is not the team.

Hope not but is likely but with Valencia instead of Januzaj as Bosco would say...uafasach.

Lol-37.jpg

Don't take the bate man...

Post of the day so far! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Ah Larry you amuse me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Woodward needs a marquee signing to appease most of the fans.
    Could see Di Maria being bought and used in a midfield trio in a 4-3-3 formation.
    Until Strootman or whoever is bought for midfield.
    Vidal looks very unlikely, can live in hope however unreal it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Spot on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Glad the penny has finally dropped and we don't have to skip 10 pages.

The mind boggles how some people get enjoyment out of it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement