Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/08

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Anyone who believes we're signing Di Maria and another couple of players are deluded. I got burned on Vidal and Thiago. I will never get emotionally invested in a transfer again. Anyone who diverts from this is a fool.

YOU'RE ALL FECKING EEJITS!

I+CAN+T+HEAR+YOU.+I+DEMAND+COLBERT+PICTURES+LA+LA+_dea2a80a9a0089cd1115f36c207d1f41.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

People saying that Di Maria can play in midfield. You couldn't make it up. How about signing players who we actually need?

A joke.

We're Manchester United, not Stoke City, yet people are carrying on like the signing of a Real Madrid reject is the Second Coming. Parochial small town stuff.

The club is donald ducked.

jesus christ

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

Is Larry Wildman a satirical account based on the lunatics that frequent football forums?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Pro F you know what to say. Manchester United are not.. (you can finish it ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

bangkok wrote: »
    lol what?

He's a notorios spoofer and is a puppet for Real Madrid and Barcelona when they want to push a particular story, often to instigate a biding war. Di Maria may well sign for United, but Balague's track record is what it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Balague: "There is nobody, nobody, not one person at Real Madrid who did not want Di Maria to continue at Real, other than Perez."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

lol what?

I'm lolling at you believing Balague. Di Maria might sign, we all know Madrid want to sell him and United might be interested. Balague is a known bullshítter and rent-a-quote for Spanish clubs, says whatever they want when they want to sell a player. You believing what he says unconditionally is extremely dumb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

serious_hat_baseball_cap-p233784287586233403qqsfy_400.jpg

We know our good Sky Sports Spanish pal is notorious for talking out his hole. He said we weren't even in for Mata if I recall?

But... has Sky Sports ever ran with a story of his that he hasn't been correct on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

He's a notorios spoofer and is a puppet for Real Madrid and Barcelona when they want to push a particular story, often to instigate a biding war. Di Maria may well sign for United, but Balague's track record is what it is.

ah stop, what is his track record so?

di maria is signing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

We're Manchester United, not Stoke City, yet people are carrying on like the signing of a Real Madrid reject is the Second Coming. Parochial small town stuff.

The club is donald ducked.

:pac:

homer-jump-shark.jpg

MagicIRL wrote: »

We know our good Sky Sports Spanish pal is notorious for talking out his hole. He said we weren't even in for Mata if I recall?

But... has Sky Sports ever ran with a story of his that he hasn't been correct on?

https://twitter.com/GuillemBalague/status/426062696216539136

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Pro. F wrote: »
    I'm lolling at you believing Balague. Di Maria might sign, we all know Madrid want to sell him and United might be interested. Balague is a known bullshítter and rent-a-quote for Spanish clubs, says whatever they want when they want to sell a player. You believing what he says unconditionally is extremely dumb.

In fairness, I watched it live, the presenter, balague and mendietta were all discussing it as if the deal is done. Mendietta was even asked 'what type of player have united signed?'
    It was all very certain. But never 100% until you see the player holding the jersey.

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Don't worry, Kate understands better than your gf ever will.

5213.gif

They say you only get a bucket and a half, I'm nearly finished what with all these 'lady' gifs!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Nuts102 wrote: »
    If Di Maria signs he is the best player at the club i don't see how anybody could not want him. He imo is one of the best players in the world Madrid are nuts.

That's Madrid though isn't it ? Sneijder ? Van Der Vaart ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭billyhead

Be great if Woody actually pulls this off and keep to his watch this space promise. Di Maria will tear defences in the PL to shreds when in full flow. I presume LVG is considering deploying him in the center like what we did with Giggs on the odd occasion, although I would rather see him in his best position on the left. This is how I would have us line up. The 3-5-2 formation will have to change.

De Gea

Rafael Evans Rojo Shaw

Fletcher

Herrera Di Maria

Mata

Rooney RVP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

In an orderly queue?

pz7hZkv.png

This gif works for so many reasons....

funny-gif-Homer-disappears-bushes.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

You think Gerrard isn't getting to the age where he needs to be replaced? Or that he was ever as good as Carrick in central midfield in the first place?

He is but Gerrard was always far better than Carrick even though they played different roles for the majority of the careers. He's probably been the most consistent midfielder in the premier league over the past 10 years. They have also lined up replacements for him already. There's a lot of decent youth coming through that Liverpool squad.

I said that there is not nearly as much of a gap between the squads of United, Liverpool and Arsenal as people think and you responded to that by disagreeing with my statement. Who our benchmark should be is a different point entirely.

Maybe at the end on the window that will be true but at this moment in time Arsenal are miles ahead of us. Our forward line is useless without a solid midfield. It's better to have a mediocre forward line and a strong midfield than the other way around. They are really only missing a top striker and maybe a top defensive mid.

We are missing far more than that.

known bull****ter how?

5 examples please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Ed Woodward right now.

https://vine.co/v/Muv1D7LDPPl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Lpnxh74.gif

Ed Woodward spotted leaving the office

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,396 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

get VIdal alongside di maria and we are in business. Please.

De Gea
    Rafael-Smalling-Evans-Shaw
    ----Herrera-Vidal-Di Maria
    Mata
    Rooney-RVP

Even if we do seal the deal for Di Maria - imo we certain to still need a combative CM signed, even accounting for playing Di Maria more centrally as he did for Madrid last season.

If we do play him wide, which would seem more logical as LVG did name drop him specifically as a winger, it creates a few more problems.

We would still need a central midfielder to place in the midfield 3, a defensive presence alongside Herrera, if Mata plays in the offensive 3rd role or a box to box player if Carrick is playing in the defensive 3rd role.

Secondly, on top of signing another CM player - it would also leave a problem to sort out with the other two of the forward 3. It would be unbalanced with two out of Rooney, RVP and Mata in that forward 3. None of them are wingers. So you either play them out of position compromising the entire formation (which LVG doesn't seem fond of - the team/function is more important than the individual) or you drop two of them (potentially, depending on the aspect of the midfield 3 (defensive/offensive)).

The spending CANNOT end with Di Maria, imo, and how he utilizes Di Maria will be extremely interesting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

known bull****ter how?

5 examples please

Google Balague and Liverpool stories for all the evidence you need.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

So where will di Maria play then? Rooney/van Persie/Mata have to play. I can't see any of those 4 being wing backs so the 352 is out the window straight away then. If utd did manage to get someone of the ilk of Vidal in then he'd presumably play with him and Herrara in the centre. 4213/4312 is really the only type of formation that doesn't have any of the above playing badly out of position.

If di Maria and Vidal/Khedira are signed then utd are a very formidable unit in the top 2/3 of the pitch anyhow (as well as in goals). Even without a Vidal/Khedira it really is no excuses territory now for utd to get top 4 at a minimum this season.

MagicIRL wrote: »

That's a good point. Does anybody have an answer to this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

known bull****ter how?

5 examples please

Sorry buddy but Balague is full of it.

He has a very simple formula...

State rumours as fact...

Move on...

Makes him sound very authorative and though he has the inside track but he's full of it.

Couldn't be arsed with 5 examples. Anyone that follows football knows this.

known bull****ter how?

5 examples please

I'm don't need to prove it to you. If you are this clueless to all the evidence that has been presented in this thread and elsewhere against him over the last few years then that's your loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Daniel Taylor says the club are positive with regards Di Maria deal after latest round of talks. Ian Ladyman going a bit further and saying United think he will sign.

That's a good point. Does anybody have an answer to this?

https://twitter.com/GuillemBalague/status/426062696216539136

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Google Balague and Liverpool stories for all the evidence you need.

personally im well aware of Ballagues BS but he is being backed up by a few decent journos too.

• Advertisement

Didnt Balague say we had a deposit on Falcao?

I'm don't need to prove it to you. If you are this clueless to all the evidence that has been presented in this thread and elsewhere against him over the last few years then that's your loss.

so you have no examples?

someone said mata, i just proved that incorrect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Get out there Guillem Balague, we gave you the lead!

Now just make sure Sheikh Mansour and Roman Abramovich are watching your interview.

We'll then give you the lead on the club that signs Di Maria in the end.

NTMK wrote: »
    personally im well aware of Ballagues BS but he is being backed up by a few decent journos too.

oh but don;t you know - every single journo is running the same story based on just one source.... cause that is how football journalism works for every single reporter.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

It's a godsend for the rags that this story broke on a Saturday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Hopefully Vidal plays like a beast tonight and that convinces LVG he is fit and healthy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Zico wrote: »
    It's a godsend for the rags that this story broke on a Saturday evening.

It's just to stop Swansea's win getting too many inches tomorrow!
    Take that Swansea!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭billyhead

Does anyone have that Gif of Woodward pointing at the press box or someone else in the crowd. I was listening to a journalist on a second captains broadcast who was at last weeks match at Swansea and he said Woodward left with a few min s to go looked at the press box and gave a wry smile as if to say **** you I have still the pull a rabbit out of the hat. Di Maria and Vidal next please:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

fair play to ya, a super signing. You will have to change formation for him to fit imo but a great signing none the less.

• Advertisement

Balague will be on Sky sports news after the break to discussthe move.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

oh but don;t you know - every single journo is running the same story based on just one source.... cause that is how football journalism works for every single reporter.:rolleyes:

Marca are the ones who really broke the story.
    Ballague agrees with them. Sky say United are refusing to comment on the story.

Didnt Balague say we had a deposit on Falcao?

yep, and signed Torres, a few times.

He has, however, proven himself possibly in the know on other occassions.

Suarez, Costa, Thiago, Torres (to chelsea) and other prominent stories with a la liga link. He has been proven to get stuff wrong - but that doesnt mean he is lying every time he speaks on a transfer matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

**** it. I'm throwing logic out the window and running with this one. Even though I know the sources are sketchy as fook.

That ESPN guy that tweeted. Never heard of him but I had a shot of adrenaline running through my veins when I read his tweet about 3 players coming in.

I must be exhausted or something and in denial cause I know it will all end in tears but, Im being swept up again against all reason and have been suckered in to believing(well deep down I don't but I'm suppressing that voice in my head) that Di Maria is signing and a midfielder will come in. Even if it's De Jong instead of Vidal I'd be happy. I think I would faint briefly if it was both Di Maria and Vidal.

Expect normal service to be resumed in a few days when this all dies down and I'm back at work. I'm gonna tag team with Homer and Mitch until you all wake up every morning crying when you think of Utd.

But for now I'm on the happy couch. Bring on those world class signings biatches!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

BloodBath wrote: »
    He is but Gerrard was always far better than Carrick even though they played different roles for the majority of the careers. He's probably been the most consistent midfielder in the premier league over the past 10 years. They have also lined up replacements for him already. There's a lot of decent youth coming through that Liverpool squad.

Gerrard was a very good player when he played behind the striker but he was never a top class CM imo.Alonso was the best CM liverpool had in the last ten years.

so you have no examples?

someone said mata, i just proved that incorrect

No you didn't.

You don't trust all of the regular posters on this thread that Balague is unreliable. Well done, now nobody trusts you to use common sense.

• Advertisement

yep, and signed Torres, a few times.

He has, however, proven himself possibly in the know on other occassions.

Suarez, Costa, Thiago, Torres (to chelsea) and other prominent stories with a la liga link. He has been proven to get stuff wrong - but that doesnt mean he is lying every time he speaks on a transfer matter.

and he broke the beckham to real madrid and michael owen to madrid stories as well

adox wrote: »
    **** it. I'm throwing logic out the window and running with this one. Even though I know the sources are sketchy as fook.

That ESPN guy that tweeted. Never heard of him but I had a shot of adrenaline running through my veins when I read his tweet about 3 players coming in.

I must be exhausted or something and in denial cause I know it will all end in tears but, Im being swept up again against all reason and have been suckered in to believing(well deep down I don't but I'm suppressing that voice in my head) that Di Maria is signing and a midfielder will come in. Even if it's De Jong instead of Vidal I'd be happy. I think I would faint briefly if it was both Di Maria and Vidal.

Expect normal service to be resumed in a few days when this all dies down and I'm back at work. I'm gonna tag team with Homer and Mitch until you all wake up every morning crying when you think of Utd.

But for now I'm on the happy couch. Bring on those world class signings biatches!

Where's the De Jong rumors coming from??

I think he would be a great buy. And wouldn't cost too much.

adox wrote: »

The ESPN guy later said that the info was well sourced at United by Miguel.

No you didn't.

You don't trust all of the regular posters on this thread that Balague is unreliable. Well done, now nobody trusts you to use common sense.

ok 5 examples was too many for you maybe, can you give me 3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

This story has gathered legs big time since earlier, so i believe it is happening bar a disaster.
    Happy days
    Di Maria 7

Now what about the center of midfield. I am happy but im not completely until a CM is signed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement