Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/08

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

While I think Lvg is a superb manager I think the holland to the semis thing is waaay overblown. Nobody is clamoring to get the Costa Rica manager to a top club and his achievement was as impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Guys, this Van Gaal character is a spoofer and a has been.

"We need a miracle to win the title"

Do you think that Fergie would say that? If Moyes said it, he'd be pilloried.

Van Gaal's glory days were a long time ago. He was sacked by Bayern Munich. Is that what we aspire to? To be managed by a guy who was deemed substandard by Bayern Munich.

But no. Let's all hold hands and post funny pictures of "The Iron Tulip".

Not giving the job to Mourinho will go down in history as one of the terrible decisions.
    do you ever think he is trying to manage expectations play down uniteds chances?

mourinho did it last season as did brendan rodgers managers do it to calm fan expectations and what they say in public is im sure far wide from what is said behind closed doors to the players.

your gonna say the fact he was sacked by munich is proof he is not good enough you do know jose was sacked by chelsea 7 years ago right?

Guys, this Van Gaal character is a spoofer and a has been.

"We need a miracle to win the title"

Do you think that Fergie would say that? If Moyes said it, he'd be pilloried.

Van Gaal's glory days were a long time ago. He was sacked by Bayern Munich. Is that what we aspire to? To be managed by a guy who was deemed substandard by Bayern Munich.

But no. Let's all hold hands and post funny pictures of "The Iron Tulip".

Not giving the job to Mourinho will go down in history as one of the terrible decisions.

Hard to take you serious after the first line of this.

He's far from a spoofer. Let's be honest here, any clubs fans would be excited if he took over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

Idu wrote: »
    Van Gaal is a 433 man. Look at the teams he picked for his three champions league finals in 95,96 and 2010 and his Barcelona team definitely didn't use wing backs

Played 3 at the back in 95 didnt they?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

We got Post of the Day (well jaykay did)

Its Our Year Day!!!!!

:pac:

I missed that one yesterday. Belongs in the Posts/Moments/Threads of 2014

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

What the Fook is going on in here.

Everyone needs to take a breath. There's several arguements going on at once and there's not a single interesting topic between them worth arguing about.

The DiMaria mania has gone to peoples head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Lads why do you reply to him? Get some sense please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Sunday Times reporting that City now entering the fray for DiMaria and that he'll be holding off signing for Utd while City try and sort out a couple of sales to make any deal FFP compliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

ceegee wrote: »
    Played 3 at the back in 95 didnt they?

Reiziger, Blind, Rijkaard, De Boer at the back.

Seedorf, Davids and Litmanen as the three in the middle.

Finidi, De Boer and Overmars up top

Actually this article has it as a 3-1-2-3-1 formation http://timhi.wordpress.com/2010/09/14/ajax-1995/
    but I would think that to be closer to a 4-3-3 than 3-5-2. No real wing backs in that squad of players

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

We got Post of the Day (well jaykay did)

Its Our Year Day!!!!!

Was that the crossroads in a vicious circle one?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

RobertKK wrote: »
    Getting to the world cup semi finals with the under dogs that were the Netherlands = has been???

It was a terrible World Cup bereft of great sides.

Costa Rica looked like world beaters for God's sake.

And anyway, did he win it? Thought not...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

It was a terrible World Cup bereft of great sides.

Costa Rica looked like world beaters for God's sake.

And anyway, did he win it? Thought not...

Who would you rather have in charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭twam2008

Tell me the crossroads post was post of the millennium.

Roy Keane for Director of Football. Transfers sorted, or at least we'd get a good laugh out of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I won't derail the thread by discussing it.
    You are derailing it anyways.

Who would you rather have in charge?

Jose Mourinho

You are derailing it anyways.

By discussing a player being linked with United? OK then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Ah, I love the smell of panicking opposition in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Sunday Times reporting that City now entering the fray for DiMaria and that he'll be holding off signing for Utd while City try and sort out a couple of sales to make any deal FFP compliant.

Rubbish.

Jose Mourinho

Who was sacked by Chelsea?

• Advertisement

No. By your childish attitude towards posters who disagree with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Ah, I love the smell of panicking opposition in the morning.

Yap smells better than a brand new car.

No by clearly trying to get a rise out of that user by mocking his age or whatever you were at.

Discuss any player or manager with us no problems.

Clusterfúck of a thread at times.
    Di Maria will likely sign this week, which is a huge sign off intent. We've signed a defensive player in Rojo too, ****ing excellent. A CM signing and we're laughing in my eyes.

I've been drinking.

No. By your childish attitude towards posters who disagree with you.

Akin to your attitude shown last night and this morning? About it being hilarious that there was more Liverpool fans than United ones in this thread?

I have no problem with someone disagreeing with me and love discussing football. If you don't agree with something I say and don't want to talk about it then just ignore me, it's quite simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Have you anything to add to the conversation? Here, have a "thanks" for your effort, that's obviously what you are after.

Edit: aww, why did you delete your post?

When I saw the mod warning I thought it would be unfair to goad you further.

Hence the ninja ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

This thread gets unbearable at times.

Akin to your attitude shown last night and this morning? About it being hilarious that there was more Liverpool fans than United ones in this thread?

I have no problem with someone disagreeing with me and love discussing football. If you don't agree with something I say and don't want to talk about it then just ignore me, it's quite simple.

Yes, I do find it funny when there are more pool fans in a united forum than united fans.
    It's your fault if something that innocuous ruffles your feathers.

Facebook is so funny friends from other club you know who mocking when we lost to Swansea, saying a certain Italian striker is world class and then today saying Dimaria is massively overated... keep it up Louis through the power of Facebook I am smiling every day 😂😂

No by clearly trying to get a rise out of that user by mocking his age or whatever you were at.

Discuss any player or manager with us no problems.

I have been trying to discuss player and manager in here this morning, mainly to pass time before work as the 2 kids are asleep. I have been met with responses such as "more Liverpool fans than United in here haha" and "love to see the opposition fans panicking".

Yes, I do find it funny when there are more pool fans in a united forum than united fans.
    It's your fault if something that innocuous ruffles your feathers.

But the simple fact is there wasn't more Liverpool fans in this thread than United fans.

• Advertisement

There are two men left who know what our club is about and who can turn things around.

One is in his 70s, went soft in his old age and tolerated mediocrity in a way that he never would have done in the past (leading to him falling out with the other).

The other is assistant manager at Aston Villa. He knows what's needed. Give him the job. Do you think that Roy Keane would tolerate jokers like Anderson and Nani?

Quandary wrote: »
    When I saw the mod warning I thought it would be unfair to goad you further.

Hence the ninja ;)

So you admit trying to get a rise out of me intentionally and then changed your mind after seeing the mod warning? OK.

There are two men left who know what our club is about and who can turn things around.

One is in his 70s, went soft in his old age and tolerated mediocrity in a way that he never would have done in the past (leading to him falling out with the other).

The other is assistant manager at Aston Villa. He knows what's needed. Give him the job. Do you think that Roy Keane would tolerate jokers like Anderson and Nani?
    Your posts remind me of eamonn dunphy... Lol brilliant

Roy Keane ahead of LVG? Good lord. A man who failed at Sunderland and Ipswich.

who failed at every management job he has had?

im from cork i love keane but he is not a good manager

I have been trying to discuss player and manager in here this morning, mainly to pass time before work as the 2 kids are asleep. I have been met with responses such as "more Liverpool fans than United in here haha" and "love to see the opposition fans panicking".

There are a number of us who engaged you in debate about this signing and the possible adjustment in formation and tactics.
    You need to chill out, bro.

You think Keane is a better fit than Van Gaal?

This is quality reading on a Sunday morning it must be said!

magnumbud wrote: »
    who failed at every management job he has had?

im from cork i love keane but he is not a good manager

He's building a good reputation as a coach. Fair play to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

So you admit trying to get a rise out of me intentionally and then changed your mind after seeing the mod warning? OK.

Yes, pretty much :)

Rise is the wrong word though, it was merely a cordial little poke.

To suggest two men can save our club and one too old to return to manage let's be honest. LMFAO don't get me wrong I idolised Roy Keane but that's madness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭twinex

As an isolated statement, that's spot on.

He's building a good reputation as a coach. Fair play to him.

didnt say anything against him being a good coach but some people are great coaches and just not cut out for being managers

rarnes1 wrote: »
    You think Keane is a better fit than Van Gaal?

This is quality reading on a Sunday morning it must be said!

Please do not judge us all on reading that. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

RobertKK wrote: »
    Getting to the world cup semi finals with the under dogs that were the Netherlands = has been???

Underdogs is stretching it a bit considering they were runner ups in the previous world cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Lallana + Markovic for £40 million <<<<< Di Maria for £55 million

Every day of the week

We need Di Maria but he's probably 3rd priority at the moment behind a CM and defender

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Holy crap. Since when do Utd actually have a proper mobile site?

magnumbud wrote: »
    didnt say anything against him being a good coach but some people are great coaches and just not cut out for being managers

Exactly. There's a definite distinction between the two. Keane has found his role. It's not manager, but someone who can be a great assistant to a manager.
    I think it took a lot for him to make the step down, which is the sign of a great man IMO

Every day of the week

We need Di Maria but he's probably 3rd priority at the moment behind a CM and defender

If we don't sign a cm and cb let's hope our savage attack with Dimaria running and supplying them will outscore all teams :D

Yes this is a jesty comment btw ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Every day of the week

It was £45m for Markovic & Lallana but what have got to do with anything?

Some people in this thread just love to bring up Liverpool.

• Advertisement

Underdogs is stretching it a bit considering they were runner ups in the previous world cup.

4 years later when most of the stars of that team have either retired, been injured and all of them are nearing the end of the career.

he had a defense built of youngsters very little option for cm the only proven quality he had at his disposal was the 3 lads up front compare that to spain, germany etc and its not that far off

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement