Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/08

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Ancelloti said it at his press conference that Di Maria has said his goodbyes. He didn't mention United though. But it's pretty much accepted as fact that it's happening.

Not by me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

the Liverpool fan in the United thread ......

so small time:o

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

kryogen wrote: »
    Not by me :)

Agreed. Wouldn't completely rule out PSG at this point, with Lavezzi heading back to Italy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Agreed. Wouldn't completely rule out PSG at this point, with Lavezzi heading back to Italy.

If Lavezzi does leave I'd be shocked if PSG didn't make a bigger move for Di Maria

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Not sure why some/many have said Di Maria is not the player we needed. He was excellent playing in midfield 3 with more freedom. So if we can switch to diamond and play Carrick as CM (if no CM is signed), Herrera, Di Maria as CMs and Mata as AM all players will play in their natural position and Di Maria can drift wide to provide width.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

If Lavezzi does leave I'd be shocked if PSG didn't make a bigger move for Di Maria

lavezzi would have to be leaving for a mighty amount of money to balance there FFP account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Not gonna happen.

A player doesn't say his goodbyes to the club without having all but signed on the dotted line. Ancelotti says he's off and that while it's not official, it is ''resolved''. That to me means all parties have agreed on fees/add ons etc, everything else is just a formality.

Roy Keane had everything agreed with Blackburn. He even shook Kenny Daglish's hand. All that was required was a signature, until SAF picked up the phone.

Rooney to Newcastle.

Gerrard to Chelsea.

But I'd agree with you, it looks like 98% certain Di Maria will sign for UTD.

But you'd never know what notion Sheikh Mansour might get..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Guys, there's being cautious 'n all but if at this stage if Di Maria were joining PSG then all the news outlets would be reporting it.

There's too much smoke for there not to be fire imo. I would be shocked if Di Maria isn't officially a United player in the next 48 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

I thought it would have to be Cavani going to make room for Di Maria.

Di Maria leaving Real opens it up for them to move for Falcao

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

Pro. F wrote: »
    1 The fact that I don't know the exact figure of the cash reserve at this precise moment (weeks before the release of the end of year numbers) does not mean that I have no knowledge on the cash reserve. I know what the cash reserve was at the end of the last financial year and I know what type of year we have just had.

You demonstrated earlier that you had no knowledge of United's cash reserves, so your opinion that Di Maria's signing would represent an insignificant fraction of the available money was baseless.

2 If you are trying to propose the idea that United may have an unlimited amount of money to spend then you are incorrect. There is most certainly a limit on how much money United can spend and it is very closely related to the cash reserves which we do know a lot about.

3 I haven't said anything to the contrary.

1: Incorrect. My argument that the Di Maria signing would represent a significant proportion of the money available for transfers is based on my knowledge of the publicly available financial data for the club.

2: Just on this point again, lol at the idea that there is no budget.

Enough of this flirting, get a room lads;)

magnumbud wrote: »
    lavezzi would have to be leaving for a mighty amount of money to balance there FFP account

They should be getting close to 30m pound for him tbh...don't know how much more they'd need though. Maybe selling Cavani too might do something?

So if the Di Maria Signing happens and possibly 1 more signing comes (DM please) I really do think we are well capable of getting top 4 once structure is in place with a formation. This could blow the 3-5-2 out of the water and we will need to accommodate a very strong attacking selection.
    Man City & Chelsea are near cert for top 2, with Arsenal possibly 3rd.
    Think Liverpool will suffer with the load of CL footie on top of there schedule, this was one of the main reasons for the challenge last season.
    Some of their signings have been underwhelming, think it' more of a numbers game so that they can try and rotate but there gonna miss Suarez big time. He could 'bite them in the arse' in the CL if they meet.
    I have more concerns about Tottenham and could be a bigger challenge to the top 4 than Liverpool.

Guys, there's being cautious 'n all but if at this stage if Di Maria were joining PSG then all the news outlets would be reporting it.

There's too much smoke for there not to be fire imo. I would be shocked if Di Maria isn't officially a United player in the next 48 hours.

If it was all over bar the shouting wouldn't the club announce it so as to boost morale and even give the team a lift before its game away at Sunderland today, particularly given the injuries?

If it was all over bar the shouting wouldn't the club announce it so as to boost morale and even give the team a lift before its game away at Sunderland today, particularly given the injuries?

We still have an hour to go.... :p

Maybe United want to announce Di Maria, Vidal, Blind and De Jong at the same time? :cool:

We still have an hour to go.... :p

Maybe United want to announce Di Maria, Vidal, Blind and De Jong at the same time? :cool:

I could live with that I suppose ;)

• Advertisement

Hidalgo wrote: »
    I thought it would have to be Cavani going to make room for Di Maria.

Di Maria leaving Real opens it up for them to move for Falcao

Possibly both him and Lavezzi will leave?

It'll certainly provide them with the money to buy Falcao but that'll leave Benzema on the bench then only leading to him to be sold probably next year. I think buying James Rodriguez was a mistake on Madrid's part...they didn't need him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

lads, off topic apologies but wondering could aynone help me out here. Posted in the talk to UPC section but no reply.

I'm watching sky sports news channel 408 and the text down the right hand side is cropped. The screen is zoomed in too much.

My tv settings is set to auto and I've tried widescreen also but still the same.

My upc horizon settings via menu >> video settings >> aspect ratio = WIDESCREEN (16:9)

How do I get it to view the screen properly?

Trilla wrote: »
    lads, off topic apologies but wondering could aynone help me out here. Posted in the talk to UPC section but no reply.

I'm watching sky sports news channel 408 and the text down the right hand side is cropped. The screen is zoomed in too much.

My tv settings is set to auto and I've tried widescreen also but still the same.

My upc horizon settings via menu >> video settings >> aspect ratio = WIDESCREEN (16:9)

Turn the box off and on again (from the wall), usually works for me. It's a pain in the bollix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Rvp starts

rvp, valencia and cleverley in for lingard, hernandez and herrera rest the same as last week.

on a side is keane double jobbing? sky keep going on about it as if he is still the ireland no 2. he took the villa job when i was on holiday so no idea of the terms?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Is letterbox and option? Can you reposition your screen in the TV settings?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,405 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I'm off to the Amsterdam Arena to run the rule over Blind, v PSV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Rafael must have died

Van Gall said Raf was fit and this is the second game in a row he has not been in the squad. Bit worrying.

tumblr_mwa55k0ZsD1sgl0ajo1_500.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I'm off to the Amsterdam Arena to run the rule over Blind, v PSV.

We expect a full dossier on our desks in the morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

magnumbud wrote: »
    rvp, valencia and cleverley in for lingard, hernandez and herrera rest the same as last week.

on a side is keane double jobbing? sky keep going on about it as if he is still the ireland no 2. he took the villa job when i was on holiday so no idea of the terms?

Yea he is double jobbing. Assistant with Villa and Ireland

We expect a full dossier on our desks in the morning!
    no need for a dossier,just buy the lad a one way ticket to Manchester.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

• Advertisement

Van Gall said Raf was fit and this is the second game in a row he has not been in the squad. Bit worrying.

Do ya think LVG want's him gone?? Hmm.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

What happened to all the Cuadardo reports? Felt like he was discussed as a "100% done deal" possible replacement for Raf :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Lord TSC wrote: »
    What happened to all the Cuadardo reports? Felt like he was discussed as a "100% done deal" possible replacement for Raf :(

I'd say he would have been a backup had ADM not happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Wow 90 pages since yesterday evening, what's the latest on Di Maria? Is balaunge the only one reporting it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Looking fwd to RVP coming back
    Turn the box off and on again (from the wall), usually works for me. It's a pain in the bollix.

Really? Do you have a horizon box? Not working for me dude. Thanks anyway.

beno619 wrote: »
    Wow 90 pages since yesterday evening, what's the latest on Di Maria? Is balaunge the only one reporting it?

All the major media outlets are running the story including the BBC and Di Maria has said farewell to his teammates at Madrid (this is confirmed by Ancelloti). So it's as sure as we can be that he's leaving Madrid, just has to be confirmed where.

there will be over 5000 posts in this thread in less than a week :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

beno619 wrote: »

You should adjust to the max posts per page where it is page 123..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

@trilla

Mine is setupc menu >> video settings >> format conversion = full screen (zoom)

• Advertisement

LVG on SS1 now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

I would love to see the team come out and absolutely tonk Sunderland.

LOL Yorke ' Dia Maria'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

MagicIRL wrote: »
    190281.gif

ROFL.:D

Nearly chocked when I saw that Gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    LOL Yorke ' Dia Maria'

Tia Maria

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

So Yorke seems to think Di Maria will replace Mata...I can't quite understand that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

yabadabado wrote: »
    there will be over 5000 posts in this thread in less than a week :eek:

At this stage, you'd need to take annual leave to catch up with the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

So was there anything interesting said by the panel sky sports or by LVG regarding Di Maria?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Headshot wrote: »
    So was there anything interesting said by the panel sky sports or by LVG regarding Di Maria?

Nope nothing. All if he signs.

Gary Neville thinks its essential that we get Di Maria because we are lacking a world class winger. But also believes with need a DM to compliment it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Shreeves obviously briefed not to bring it up as he didn't mention it.

Quinn and Yorke on the panel so eh that would be a no.

Presenter intimated that Madrid and Utd are far apart on a fee.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement