Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/08

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Gary Neville thinks its essential that we get Di Maria because we are lacking a world class winger. But also believes with need a DM to compliment it.

Absolutely, we can't let this current window close and not address a key missing component.

Absolutely, we can't let this current window close and not address a key missing component.

I have a feeling if the Di Maria signing goes through then that lights the way for the DM signing to happen. I'm going to stay positive and hope this outcome.

LVG using the 3-5-2 today but if the above happens it's a mystery what way we will line out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

We need to win today. I'm on course for a €450 on an accumulator. All I need is united, real and barca wins!

We need to win today. I'm on course for a €450 on an accumulator. All I need is united, real and barca wins!
    Nice, I have a trixie bet on Man Utd, Kerry and Spurs for 100 beans win

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Tom Cleverley's last time to start a match for United would be an improvement.
    Lets celebrate today as an end of an era...

Please God may United sign Blind and De Jong....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

Yorke is an awful pundit. Saying crap like Mata needs to step cause he has been there nearly 12 months !!

Since when has playing your first match on the 28th Jan. and then playing on the 24th Aug. become nearly 12 months ??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Daley Blind playing in CM today for Ajax against PSV for any who are interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

marvsins wrote: »
    Yorke is an awful pundit. Saying crap like Mata needs to step cause he has been there nearly 12 months !!

Since when has playing your first match on the 28th Jan. and then playing on the 24th Aug. become nearly 12 months ??

I just hope he has a reliable accountant :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

At this stage, you'd need to take annual leave to catch up with the thread.

I was on p97 when I left home yest evening. On 123 now, that's some bloody going!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Daley Blind playing in CM today for Ajax against PSV for any who are interested.

He plays the majority of games in CM for them. Anyone watching it how's he doing ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

YOUNG you pleb!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Christ Young is an awful player. Useless.

Al Capwned wrote: »
    I was on p97 when I left home yest evening. On 123 now, that's some bloody going!

At this rate, some posters must be on speed.

yabadabado wrote: »
    He plays the majority of games in CM for them. Anyone watching it how's he doing ?

Yep, certainly in recent times.

I watched the first 20 mins or so. Looked good, very energetic and intent to close down and make runs all over the midfield.

Young, cleverley, fletcher, Valencia. The usual suspects

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

It's old news now but jesus this midfield is awful! Cleverley should been ****ed out long time ago.

Fletcher Is a sub at best mata just goes missing because of the people around him so he's pointless at the moment.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Fletcher. Cleverly. Young. Valencia. That whole midfield. Chronic.

Young, cleverley, fletcher, Valencia. The usual suspects

We should just release Valencia cleverley and young. Three absolutely chronic players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Sunday league stuff. There is some absolute dross playing for this club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

GTFI

go wan

We don't deserve that goal.

Looks like Smalling is injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Another ****ing injury lads

ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Smalling with a hamstring injury, Keane due on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Smalling has picked up a hamstring injury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Valencia in a dribble and assist shocker.

Now watch as tom clev scores from his own half

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Just see how much the front 3 have to drop to pick up the ball between TC and Fletch, its shocking

How was our midfield allowed to fall into this state? We might as well not have 4 players on the pitch.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lads, there's a match thread. Please use it.

If have Ben Pearson in that team ahead of fletcher and cleverley.
    Reece James simply could not do a worse job that young.
    And I think today finally convinces everyone that Valencia cannot play as a wing back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I hope someone is playing Di Maria a recorded game from the 2008 era and pretending that it's today's game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

ROFL.:D

Nearly chocked when I saw that Gif

Same here, even funnier when I saw the dude in red whack his head off the shelf :pac:

How many teams in the premier league have a worse midfield then we do out there today?

Not many I'd imagine in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,405 ✭✭✭xtal191

Our midfield is a joke

How many teams in the premier league have a worse midfield then we do out there today?

Not many I'd imagine in fairness.

I can't think of any.

I can't think of any.

There has to be at least one cm brought in weather we get Di Maria or not.

We don't even need big money buys just decent players who can pass a ball forward who can be strong and cover the back when needed.

Useless players in the middle I wonder is it a case of Van Gaal knows what he has ain't good enough but he can't get rid cause there's no one been brought in to replace them.

There has to be at least one cm brought in weather we get Di Maria or not.

We don't even need big money buys just decent players who can pass a ball forward who can be strong and cover the back when needed.

Useless players in the middle I wonder is it a case of Van Gaal knows what he has ain't good enough but he can't get rid cause there's no one been brought in to replace them.

I could probably name you a hundred midfielders better than fletcher and cleverley.
    Young and Valencia are also sub standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Di Maria will be a big help but we are going nowhere without signing a quality midfielder.

Players like Fletcher and Cleverley have no place in the team. Even as squad players they are too weak.

Herrera, Carrick, Fellaini, Shaw, Evans , Smalling all out injured - that is a catastrophic list of injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

KH25 wrote: »
    Christ Young is an awful player. Useless.

He's not useless, he's poor.

Cleverley is useless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gadge

Trilla wrote: »
    Looking fwd to RVP coming back

Really? Do you have a horizon box? Not working for me dude. Thanks anyway.

Any chance it's the TV doing the zooming? Have a feck about with your remote?

Trilla wrote: »
    He's not useless, he's poor.

Cleverley is useless

I disagree. He offers nothing defensively and going forward he always tries to cut in and go for the curled shot. His deliveries are poor also.

Cleverley is useless, you are 100% correct there :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Di Maria's plane...
    Bv0MBkOCIAAMIgg.jpg:large

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Painful to watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Moronic from Young.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

Keno wrote: »
    Di Maria's plane...
    Bv0MBkOCIAAMIgg.jpg:large

The culture shock will be massive for the guy, playing alongside Ronaldo, Bale, Modric, Benzema etc. to this ****, I wouldnt be surprised if he has some sort of mental collapse.

It would be akin to squiring Kate Upton on a nightly basis then having to get it up for Mary Byrne!

Painful to watch
    beno619 wrote: »
    Moronic from Young.

As pointed out a few posts above, there's already a match thread set up. Please keep any match-specific discussion in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,346 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Quandary wrote: »
    Di Maria will be a big help but we are going nowhere without signing a quality midfielder.

People are forgetting Di Maria played alongside Modric and Alonso in a 3 man midfield last season,2 quality midfielders ,Alonso and Modric did most of the heavy lifting.

The money Utd are willing to pay for another winger is absolutely ridiculous ,its madness to even consider paying it.

Two central defenders and a holding midfielder are essential and they could get Hummels, Blind and Khederia for way less than DiMaria and still retain the bulk of the transfer fund for Strootman in January.

They seem to have no idea how to operate in the transfer market, incredible incompetence from Woodward and Utd....
    They need professionals , not PR and advertising guys.

Meanwhile, somewhere over the English Midlands......

42386_222_copy_copy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

Have the FAI looked at Buckley?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Fletcher. Cleverly. Young. Valencia. That whole midfield. Chronic.

+1

Absolutely shocking midfield. How anyone can defend Young, Clevery or Valencia anymore is beyond me. How they're still at the club beggars belief.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

£64 million fee agreed for Di Maria according to ballague.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement