Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New idea and surveying target market

Options
  • 17-08-2014 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi Folks,

So I have an idea for a new B2B software product targeted at a specific sector and wish to survey potential customers to determine it's viability/value.

I have come up with a number of questions that I will ask. I need to refine this list so it is not too long and the questions will result in meaningful/unambiguous answers that will give me great insight. If anybody has any tips on doing this they would be appreciated very much.

Obviously, with this kind of thing you need to poll as many suitable people as possible to get a good idea of the market. How does one come up with a list of people/companies to surbey and how to do you approach them? Is it literally a case of networking/Googling to create this list and then approaching contacts within the company? The last thing you want is to be just another spammy survey. Do you need to offer incentives to complete the survey?

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 dublinwp

Pick one vertical and find all the conferences or exhibitions and go there to talk to people face to face. You will get better response and see reactions what they think. If you will get them on the phone they will tell you anything just to get rid of you. Dont ask advice or opinion from friends.

Better advice - think of a features of your software and try to sell it. You will see if there is a demand for it or now. Your conversion should be 1-5% from targeted list. Once you will collect deposits start building demo. I know it is tough to do it but that is one of the best ways.

Good luck

Advertisement