Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All Ireland SFC SF Mayo v Kerry 24/08 3.30pm RTE 2 HD, Sky Sports 3 HD

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Nail biter, good match :D I'm looking forward to the replay

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Lapin wrote: »
    Can Limerick hold the crowd for the replay?

Why don't the bring it back to Croker ?

Croke Park classic is on next weekend - the American football

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Lapin wrote: »
    Can Limerick hold the crowd for the replay?

Why don't the bring it back to Croker ?

Because there is an American Football match in Croke Park next saturday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

5pm in the Gaelic Grounds in Limerick for the replay

No room in Croke Park for an All Ireland semi final replay when there's a silly Yank game to be played.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Red21

Brolly got it right at half time, he's gonna be grinning from ear to ear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

What a game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Is fearr an Star

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭VanDinkle

For a lad waving imaginary cards around a few minutes ago Aidan o Shea is some man for dragging lads down himself

He was consistently at it throughout the game.

Good game for the neutrals. I highly recommend that Mayo get a man sent off in future games. Its an excellent strategy. They havent played with thatt will all year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

JOD should have won it. GAA happy with another gate

30 seconds after the game and this ****e already brought it into it!

Ref called 3 minutes, 3 minutes were played and Kerry had 2 chances to win it in the last minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭freddiek

both of these teams have had their soft centre exposed here. especially Mayo for blowing that 5 point lead

they better hope Donegal can pull off a huge shock cos the Dubs would hammer the best of Kerry and Mayo for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

There are no words to sum up that few minutes

Can't wait for the replay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

"Nearly exciting as a game of hurling"

Only a real ginnet would have said something like that

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭OrangeVarnish

Wow! I really thought Mayo may have had it!! Bring on next week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

Also, serious cameo from Donaghy there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ralphdejones

A win for Croke Park ! YEEHAAAAW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Amazing 2nd half. Just incredible.

I thought Mayo should have had a penalty in the first half and that red card should have been yellow.
    So I think Mayo can consider themselves a tad hard done by in that respect but their tactics first half were wrong.

But brilliant response in the 2nd half.

And then a great Kerry goal when it looked like they were out.

Great to have two semi's to look forward to next weekend now, and that 2nd half today whets the appetite nicely.
    Fantastic stuff to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭threeball

Suck on that naysayers, always had the ingredients in the first for what happened in the second

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

American gridiron game in croker next sat. Will it be in thurles?

EDIT. Should of read the thread lol

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

No room in Croke Park for an All Ireland semi final replay when there's a silly Yank game to be played.

Money spinner for the economy in Dublin - had to be that weekend to fit into the schedule.
    30 seconds after the game and this ****e already brought it into it!

Ref called 3 minutes, 3 minutes were played and Kerry had 2 chances to win it in the last minute.

Mayo had a chance as well to be fair

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Tommy Carr on Cillian O'Connor - "he's the new kid on the black"

Idiot. Get this clown of the television.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Patser

Wow! I really thought Mayo may have had it!! Bring on next week!

Where and when? American football game in Croker next Saturday and Dubs Donegal Sunday.

iDave wrote: »
    American gridiron game in croker next sat. Will it be in thurles?

Gaelic Grounds in Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭VanDinkle

Croke Park classic is on next weekend - the American football

Between One direction, garth brooks and sky deals you'd be forgiven for forgetting that its a bloody gaa ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Whoever wins the replay will benefit bigtime from the extra match when they go against Dubs (you have no chance Donegal, not even taking it into consideration).

Andy Moran, Aidan O'Shea were outstanding and it was great to see COC get his groove back.*

*Said through gritted teeth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Commentary from Morrisey was simply appaling.

- He kept on saying "You wouldn't think Mayo were the team with 14 players"
    - Numerous cringeworthy statements such as one of Kerry's goal chances "All 54,000 fans stood up, and then sat down again"
    - Kept on talking about how long it was since the last score from each team
    - Basically reads all of the little graphics that pop up.

The mans ability to read a game and what's happening on the pitch is non-existant. He is an insult to mediocrity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Who in the name of Christ thought the Gaelic grounds would be a good venue for an All-Ireland football semi-final? Would Thurles not be better? Far better stadium and slightly bigger capacity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ralphdejones

thelad95 wrote: »
    Who in the name of Christ thought the Gaelic grounds would be a good venue for an All-Ireland football semi-final?

Someone from Limerick, who else ? He won the jackpot today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

VanDinkle wrote: »
    Between One direction, garth brooks and sky deals you'd be forgiven for forgetting that its a bloody gaa ground.

An amateur GAA ground thank you very much.

I'm abroad but watched the game through a VPN. GAA can stick their 14 quid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

One of the best matches in the second half ive ever seen.

keith16 wrote: »
    An amateur GAA ground thank you very much.

I'm abroad but watched the game through a VPN. GAA can stick their 14 quid.

There was plenty of links before the GAAGO thing came in, now there is even more!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Who in the name of Christ thought the Gaelic grounds would be a good venue for an All-Ireland football semi-final? Would Thurles not be better? Far better stadium and slightly bigger capacity.

No idea why Limerick was selected. I suppose the GG hasn't got that many big games this year and the GAA wanted to spread the wealth a little bit. It'll sell out very quickly anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Michael, tell him what Joe Brolly said about him being a whinger before the game...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

It's an extra hour or so for both sets of supporters for maybe an extra 3000 capacity. Think Limerick is the correct choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

A thriller in the end. Both teams squandered it for themselves at different times. I was really impressed by Mayo's spirit though. If they can bring some consistency to the next match, I think they'll win it. There were moments where they were running rings around that Kerry team with only 14 men on the field.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

G'wan Joe Brolly!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Joe Brolly is dead right.

As usual.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

I have a ticket for the American College match next weekend as it has been planned for over a year, its the GAA fault not to plan ahead not the NCAAF.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

What has Brolly been saying?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Anybody know the attendance today? I suppose it's been said before, but I can't find it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Sad that abomination of a sport messes the GAA schedule.
    But the novelty of a semi outside croker will be fun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Anybody know the attendance today? I suppose it's been said before, but I can't find it :o

52300 or there abouts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

I have a ticket for the American College match next weekend as it has been planned for over a year, its the GAA fault not to plan ahead not the NCAFF.

Planned for over a year on that weekend because its a bank holiday in America meaning the players miss less class time and it will get huge coverage on ESPN as its the only game being played in that timeslot, so is huge advertisement for Ireland and Croke Park

Bringing €30 million to the economy as well, badly needed after the last American to leave them down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

You've clearly never been to either. Limerick is nearly state of the art in comparison to a dated Thurles. Less travel for fans too. No brainer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

O'Rourke wondering where his head is now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,633 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Mayo are a frustrating team with a soft centre....they are easily 6-8 points a better side tHan both Kerry and cork , yet after 2 games they only lead by 1 point on an aggregate score.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    You've clearly never been to either. Limerick is nearly state of the art in comparison to a dated Thurles. Less travel for fans too. No brainer

Genuinely the first time I've heard the Gaelic Grounds described as state of the art.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭LaGlisse

Don't get the whinging about Limerick as a venue,doubt too many Kerry supporters will be complaining, less travel for mayo fans too. Also the capacity should cater for most, it's what 45000? And there was 52000 at the game today.
    Certainly more quarter finals should be held outside of croker, travelling up to dublin for a game isn't cheap

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

I don't think anyone can question this Mayo team's strength of character now. A f**king heroic performance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Still shell-shocked after that 2nd half, can't even be critical not holding on for the win. Unreal 2nd half.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement