Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pilgramages

• 18-08-2014 12:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭

In the year 2014,what is the point in walking to a cross on a mountain..I'm all for tradition but is it just used as something 'to see' at the end of the walk? :confused:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 412 ✭✭better call saul

lufties wrote: »
    In the year 2014, hat is the point in walking to a cross on a mountain..I'm all for tradition but is it just used as something 'to see' at the end of the walk? :confused:

Rude me sideways was another one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

In the year 2014,what is the point in walking to a cross on a mountain..I'm all for tradition but is it just used as something 'to see' at the end of the walk? :confused:

Makes your lad bigger, so I'm told.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭donegal__road

to many, a pilgrimage is a journey of discovery, both of themselves and of others who share the same journey. The cross is just there to mark the end of the journey and is purely symbolic.. thats my tu-pence hay-penny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

to many, a pilgrimage is a journey of discovery, both of themselves and of others who share the same journey. The cross is just there to mark the end of the journey and is purely symbolic.. thats my tu-pence hay-penny

thanks for that, I just wondered, hoping it wasn't some acting out of a fairy story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭Fate Amenable To Change

The Cross signifies a place of worship no? The journey is a sign of worship, then you worship further at the cross itself...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭Fate Amenable To Change

thanks for that, I just wondered, hoping it wasn't some acting out of a fairy story.

I'd grab some popcorn and take a seat but the bait is so bad its rotten

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Atheists walk up mountains that don't have crosses.
    Christians walk up the mountains that have crosses.
    That way they can avoid each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭jellyboy

What type of pilgrimage are we on about?

Am i right in guessing the pub pilgrimage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭policarp

Camino.

Good for a long walk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,471 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Can't beat a walk up a mountain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Last couple of years i take the kx250. The old shielas don't like it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭JonEBGud

Why go and visit the grave of a loved one?
    Why go and visit a museum?
    Why not go to the pub instead?

Advertisement