Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leather Saddle Bags problem ( Help would be much appreciated )

• 18-08-2014 12:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Howya lads and lassies, need a bt of help regarding the leather saddle bags I have on my Suzuki GZ. Only got them a few months back second-hand and fitted them on perfect but was out driving the other day down to the mother's for a cuppa and left the bike out the front in the rain, the first time the bags have been out in a shower ( in my possession anyways :p ).

Anyways, after a few cups of tea waiting for the weather to calm down :rolleyes: I returned to the bike and opened the bags to find they were absolutely pooled with water down the bottom. Now, they're the type of bags that the lid comes down over both the front and the two sides of the bag and I havent a feckin notion how the water got in, only that it might have got in through the seam at the top, unlikely but the only thing I can think of anyways. I was told to smear dubbing all over the top of the bags and that should waterproof them but I said I'd see if anyone here has any suggestions before I go dulling up my lovely polished bags with dubbing :pac:

P.S Would like to just say thanks a mill to Mick Finlay ( LookBehindYou on boards ) whom I completed my IBT with a few weeks back, absolute gentleman, drills everything into your head so you wont forget and would recommend him to anybody! :D Thanks Mick!

Any help would be much appreciated lads, I will have pics posted tomorrow as soon as I can.. Thanks in advance, Dylan!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Water will run through an unsealed seam very quickly. Try using Aquaseal on the inside of the seam, you can get it from places that sell wetsuits or fishing waders.
    If you put a hose on the seam you should be able to see if its leaking through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭DJDylan106

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Water will run through an unsealed seam very quickly. Try using Aquaseal on the inside of the seam, you can get it from places that sell wetsuits or fishing waders.
    If you put a hose on the seam you should be able to see if its leaking through.

Thanks a million for the quick reply CJ, will more than likely pick some of that stuff up at some stage and try it! Sounds like it does exactly what I need it to do... Thanks again CJ :)

Advertisement