Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summerslam 2014 Live thread *SPOILERS WITHIN*

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Who can they book strong enough to beat that??

Funakai

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Kurt Angle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

No question that Reigns is the current plan

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

16 German suplexes later:
    BvSeUxxIcAAYwYU.jpg

16 German suplexes later:
    BvSeUxxIcAAYwYU.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

Rollins won't be cashing in money in the bank soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Kurt Angle

I. Wish. Oh how I wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Funakai

Indeeeeeeeeeeeeeed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

You know, if they book Reigns right, Brock alone will be able to make him into an absolute superstar. It's legitimately going to be the most they've put behind one person since Brock though and I don't think Reigns is anywhere near the sure thing that Brock was.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

paconnors wrote: »
    Rollins won't be cashing in money in the bank soon

Wouldnt be surprised if Rollins came out of WM31 as champ

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Probably Roman Reigns at next year's Mania. He's been booked strong since the Shield split. Bad idea if they go that direction as Reigns is a bit of a three-move wonder.

Where's the urine. I paid for urine.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

First challenge will probably be Big Show again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Slater has been on a good run lately. . .

rovert wrote: »

9.99???

:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

"Tune into the WWE Network aftershow something something urine something $9.99 something"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Great PPV, really intrigued for whats gonna happen. Strange feeling satisfied after a WWE PPV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Yoshi Tatsu to confront Lesnar on Raw, give the people what they want

• Advertisement

An File wrote: »

If they hadn't f**ked up Ceasro, he'd be a potential candidate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

An File wrote: »

I'll take matches I don't ever want to see for $500 Alex.

Although to be fair their survivor series 2002 match was brilliant,but Big Show shouldn't be anywere near a title scene in 2014.

When was the last time ever title contested on a ppv changed hands?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

That was one of the strangest matches I've ever seen. They barely tried to cast any doubt about the result into the match. Very weird. Almost an anti-climax in a way, but interesting nonetheless. I assume Cena will get a rematch at NoC and then Lesnar goes AWOL til the Rumble or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Taker to come back for a final run as a the american badass to reclaim his yard. I'd pay 9.99 a month to see

9.99???

:o

Lesnar's blood pressure must have been 99 over 9 judging by all that sweat pissing out of his body.

Great PPV. The best of 2014.

Can I drop the anvil on Brock's title reign? Meltzer says Lesnar's going to do September, January & WrestleMania. So I hope WWE works out a deal to allow more matches.

Don't think he will be at the O2 Dublin or the signing in Smyths somehow!

• Advertisement

ricero wrote: »
    Taker to come back for a final run as a the american badass to reclaim his yard. I'd pay 9.99 a month to see

I can't imagine Taker won't get involved with Brock again at some point. Even a confrontation on Raw or something.

krudler wrote: »

When was the last time ever title contested on a ppv changed hands?

I don't understand the question. Is there a typo there?

In a way if they do keep the title on Brock for a few months it might make it mean something again, Cena doesnt need it at this point, kids will want to see him regardless.

I don't understand the question. Is there a typo there?

Every title I meant, usually someone would retain

In a way if they do keep the title on Brock for a few months it might make it mean something again, Cena doesnt need it at this point, kids will want to see him regardless.

Apparently Cena is starting the Legacy Era of his career. Kind of a Special Attraction like Undertaker on Smackdown in the mid 00s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

I'd like to see a match between Brock and rusev would be interesting to see

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

It was a strange way to book the match Brock he isn't going to be around consistently. It'll be a very tough task to build anybody up as a credible threat to him now, especially if he isn't there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Bootista to save the day

Apparently Cena is starting the Legacy Era of his career. Kind of a Special Attraction like Undertaker on Smackdown in the mid 00s.

I dont think anyone would mind that tbh, would open up the main event, he's still getting booed after how many years now. He's been the face of the company for a decade now so he's earned his downtime. Even though I hate the way he's booked usually I've nothing but respect for Cena the person, he's an absolute workhorse and has been for a very long time.

Wonder is Rollins currently in HHH's office handing back his briefcase "actually, I'm grand cheers.."

BvSkDoZCUAATdd1.jpg

Every title I meant, usually someone would retain

Good question. I don't have answer however. They have had multiple titles for the last ten years or more with two world belts, two women's belts and two tag titles and they rarely ever appeared on the one show not to mention changing hands.

With CM punk's mammoth WWE title reign 2011-2013 and AJ's lengthy run with the women's title it would not have been recently that every belt changed hands. Probably have to go back to before the 2002 brand split

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Good question. I don't have answer however. They have had multiple titles for the last ten years or more with two world belts, two women's belts and two tag titles and they rarely ever appeared on the one show not to mention changing hands.

With CM punk's mammoth WWE title reign 2011-2013 and AJ's lengthy run with the women's title it would not have been recently that every belt changed hands. Probably have to go back to before the 2002 brand split

Survivor Series 2002, every title available changed hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

I loved the end. cena battered. lesnar is a beast. I'm drunk I loved it. back tomorrow for sober opinion

Apparently Cena got the nah nah hey hey goodbye song
    BvSiVCwCAAAMuOE.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Apparently Cena got the nah nah hey hey goodbye song
    BvSiVCwCAAAMuOE.jpg

good enough for him....

• Advertisement

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Survivor Series 2002, every title available changed hands.

As Roy Walker would say, it's a good answer but it's not the one as the RAW World tag titles didn't change.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Just reading Wrestlezone here and one of their guys says it was without doubt the most one sided PPV main event he's ever seen? Didn't see it myself, what do you reckon?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Just reading Wrestlezone here and one of their guys says it was without doubt the most one sided PPV main event he's ever seen? Didn't see it myself, what do you reckon?

Totally one-sided. I think Cena hit two moves and a couple of body-shots. Lesnar spent the rest of the match just throwing him around the ring. Awesome stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Oh yea good enough for the franchise player to be boo'ed. Cena 2 years in a row now has dropped the title at SummerSlam. He took an absolute pounding from Lesnar to make Lesnar is made to look a beast.

Cant understand the Cena hate. In a big match hes the go to guy cos he always delivers. Like it or not hes out lasted everyone else. And IMO he deserves better than to be shat on by ppl who think its still 2006.

Never forget Sting's Summerslam debut BvR_om5CAAAx2yZ.jpg

Well Brock hit 16 suplexes in the match and Cena..didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭TGJD

Excellent finish to that ppv. After beating the streak they had to make brock look like an unstoppable beast. They now have a proper monster champ who can make every contender look like a huge underdog. They also sowed the seeds for his eventual downfall. Because of brocks size, strength and legitmate athletic ability the only way it should be conceivable for someone like bryan or rollins to beat him is for them to catch him off guard with a submission or similar when he gets overly confident. They did that tonight with cena getting him in the stf. I am really looking forward to seeing more matches like tonight, where brock is allowed look the beast he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

So, does anyone think Brock has signed more dates on his contract?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

My thoughts on Summerslam is that it was a good show much better than last few PPV's.

The Miz vs. Dolph Ziggler - great opener, these guys have good chemistry with each other, they should continue this feud over IC title.

AJ Lee vs. Paige - the match was meh, they weren't giving enough time to have good match with each other.

Rusev vs. Swagger - the match was ok, I think the match should of been where you have to get the flag from a pole so that Swagger could get a victory out of this feud. I gotta give Rusev credit for his selling in this match.

Ambrose vs. Rollins - this was match of the night, I loved everything about this match, lumberjack elements of this match didn't bother me.

Bray Wyatt vs. Chris Jericho - This match was good, much better than their match at Battleground. I am glad that this might be the end of their feud.

Stephanie McMahon vs. Brie Bella - I don't really what to say about this match, it was really their to setup a feud between Brie and Nikki.

Roman Reigns vs. Orton - not the best match in the world, but this match was really to give Reigns a signature victory at a big 4 PPV.

Lesnar vs. Cena - as people have said already this was a squash match for Cena. I am very interested were they go from here.

I'll give Summerslam 5 out of 10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Man Brock dominated Cena. F5 in the first 30 seconds set the tone.

also big ups to JBL and Cole referencing UFC fights lesnar had throughout the match.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement