Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does your LC points and Hpat points have to be from the same year?

Options
  • 18-08-2014 2:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭

I plan on studying medicine, I'm wondering if your points for the leaving cert and the Hpat marks have to be from the one year, because if I don't get in first year round I plan on repeating so I'd just like this to be cleared up thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭julie2tubz

Seanf999 wrote: »
    I plan on studying medicine, I'm wondering if your points for the leaving cert and the Hpat marks have to be from the one year, because if I don't get in first year round I plan on repeating so I'd just like this to be cleared up thanks...

Yes they do now Sean. You have to repeat the HPAT every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 sherlook

Seanf999 wrote: »
    No they dont, you can do them in different years the hpat score only counts for one year though, so if you dont get the points in the leaving you must repeat both.. if you do get the leaving cert points you can take a year out and repeat the hpat alone and add them then.. theyre trying to stop people from starting a college course and repeating the hpat and then crossing over but they havnt stopped it yet.
    I took a year out and repeated the hpat and added it to my lc score from the previous year it can be done!

Advertisement