Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celbridge AC 5k - 10.30am Sunday 24th August

Options
  • 18-08-2014 8:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all,

Just for anyone that is interested, I wanted to bring the Celbridge 5k (my club race :) ) to your attention as it is on next Sunday @ 10.30am.

The following is just the information on the race from the Celbridge AC website but having run this race in the past it is up there as one of the fastest 5k races around with a course record of 14m53s.

"Probably the best and fastest 5k Road Race in Leinster," Irish Runner Magazine.

The Annual Celbridge 5K will take place again this year on Sunday, 24th of August. Total entry is €15 with a generous goody bag. This race is suitable for people of all fitness levels. It caters for people who wish to walk or jog 5k, Fit4Life athletes, Couch To 5K and club athletes. Children are welcome to take part in the Kids Dash prior to the race. There will be spot prizes and cash prizes. It starts and finishes in the grounds of Castletown House. It is an extremely fast and flat 5K Road Race. Many a PB has been set on this course.

It is always a great family day with a kids dash before the main race (medals for all). There will also be a DJ present to provide music and entertainment in the courtyard and a few kids' mascot favourites will be around for photo opportunities.

Event schedule and times:

Race starts @ 10.30am.

Kids Dash @ 10.00am.

Parking available but locals are encouraged to walk.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Just to add to Martin's post above, entry can be found here.

Looks like a good event and a reasonable price.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭thewolf_ie

Redtag Timing gives error on the results from last year. Anyone got a link to another source?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Hoarem

thewolf_ie wrote: »
    Redtag Timing gives error on the results from last year. Anyone got a link to another source?

@wolf - I can't seem to post the URL for the results up here.. Maybe belcarra might oblige and post up please?

I just googled redtag results there and got into the PDF results on my smartphone without any issue.

Just re-looking at the results: 8 runners sub 17min on a windy day last year, so hopefully stronger results again this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭thewolf_ie

Hoarem wrote: »
    @wolf - I can't seem to post the URL for the results up here.. Maybe belcarra might oblige and post up please?

I just googled redtag results there and got into the PDF results on my smartphone without any issue.

Just re-looking at the results: 8 runners sub 17min on a windy day last year, so hopefully stronger results again this year!

I can get the 2012 results alright but the 2013 results gives me an error on an iPhone and windows pc.

Sorry I got it on an android.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Forecast for Sunday is lousy. Raining and strong SE winds (not good for the course). Look on the bright side i suppose, at least it won't be warm!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Gladiator28

Hi there dose anyone know if a 14 year old can do the 5k thanks

Hoarem wrote: »

Here are the results from last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

really enjoyed the run this morning. nice time of 21.09. got held up a little at the start but thats normal. Very well packed goody bag

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

What a goodie bag! I was walking lob sided back to the car there was that much in it.

Great race as usual. Fourth year in a row for me and each year i've PB'd. 20.14 according to the watch. Tried very hard for sub 20 but i knew it was probably too soon for that. 50 secs off previous best is nothing to be sneezed at.

Guy at the start scared me. "FOLKS CAN YOU PLEASE KEEP IN TO THE LEFT". In fairness folks weren't making his job easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Birdie Num Num

corny wrote: »
    Forecast for Sunday is lousy. Raining and strong SE winds (not good for the course). Look on the bright side i suppose, at least it won't be warm!

I think you probably couldn't have asked for a better day for racing a 5k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Hoarem

Hi all,

Just for anyone that is interested, the Annual Celbridge 5K will take place tomorrow (Sunday, 16th of August @ 10.30am - (my club race )).

There is a new route this year for Celbridge AC 5K - which is Flatter and faster than last years! Come along and enjoy the club's 50th anniversary celebrations afterwards!

The NEW course was officially measured to AAI standards - many thanks to Ultraman for helping with this and it loos very fast indeed!!

For those driving to the 5K on Sunday, parking will be available at the track (Behind St Wolstens school, Clane road) and adjacent schools.

On-the-day entries & collection of numbers will be available from 8.30am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Great race this morning by Celbridge AC, plenty of marshals, fast route and they even sorted the weather for it and great atmosphere around the place. I didn't run a great time but sure you'll have days like that. ultraman1 done a bad job on the course measuring, it was .01 long, obviously didn't use a 100% accurate Garmin to measure it(cough, cough).

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭An_Reathai

Well done Celbridge AC. Really well organised race on a very good course.

tang1 wrote: »
    ultraman1 done a bad job on the course measuring, it was .01 long, obviously didn't use a 100% accurate Garmin to measure it(cough, cough).

Shoddy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

tang1 wrote: »
    . ultraman1 done a bad job on the course measuring, it was .01 long,).
    U must of took a few corners wide:)...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Well done Celbridge AC. The new course is a massive improvement and all the activities for the kids was spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Fudge74

Very well organized. Lovely route. Fab weather!! Defo one for the diary next year :)
    Thanks to all involved

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

was a great run. good weather well organised.

anybody have a link to results pls??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭demfad

daheff wrote: »
    was a great run. good weather well organised.

anybody have a link to results pls??

http://www.precisiontiming.net/result.aspx?v=2837

Enjoyed the race too. Grass track was in great condition at the end.

Advertisement