Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No cao offers

Options
  • 18-08-2014 9:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi guys like suspected I didn't get a single offer as my cao was all nursing. Is there a chance points will further drop for round 2 or?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Idek wrote: »
    Hi guys like suspected I didn't get a single offer as my cao was all nursing. Is there a chance points will further drop for round 2 or?

What kind of points did you get and how close are you to any of your choices?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Idek

I got 350 pt (devastated with them tbh) the lowest ait was 410:(

Dkit was 405

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭CathalC2011

Dkit was 405

I can't see it dropping 55 points, but there are numerous other ways to get into the course. I don't know about nursing, but with computer science, there were a few routes to get in. One option was a two-year course in bray, after which I could move to UCD.

Don't get too down over the results, and best of luck with whatever you do!

I can't see it dropping 55 points, but there are numerous other ways to get into the course. I don't know about nursing, but with computer science, there were a few routes to get in. One option was a two-year course in bray, after which I could move to UCD.

Don't get too down over the results, and best of luck with whatever you do!

Ah okay thank you for your help. I'm pretty devastated overall tho haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ForstalDave

Ah okay thank you for your help. I'm pretty devastated overall tho haha

Don't be at worst it takes a bit longer for you to get in, Depending on demand they can drop a good bit but nursing i don't think does.

Id look into doing either plc course that can lead in or plc that can boost your points you could also maybe resit you LC, your not to far off the points so i think any of the options would be good for you. The important thing is not to stress an extra year to get in wont be to bad and if its what you really want to do it will be worth it in the long run.

Thanks everyoNe , I have a plc and ucas is begging to look like an option after that.

Well if you want nursing that much, it is worthwhile exploring all options open to you. Realistically it's not going to drop 55 points in Round 2.

There are a number of Universities in the UK who are still offering Nursing through the clearing process if you are willing to go there. A couple of my students went to college in Cumbria a couple of years ago and it worked out very well for them.

http://search.ucas.com/search/providers?CountryCode=&RegionCode=&Lat=&Lng=&Feather=&Vac=5&AvailableIn=Clearing&Query=nursing&ProviderQuery=&AcpId=&Location=&SubjectCode=

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Mayo4sam14

I got no offers either but had points for both courses. Both said i needed two higher c3's but i only got one and got two d1's. Is there any chance i could get offered it in the second round??

Mayo4sam14 wrote: »
    I got no offers either but had points for both courses. Both said i needed two higher c3's but i only got one and got two d1's. Is there any chance i could get offered it in the second round??

On the irish times supplement it did say not everyone who got the points was offered a place, that's so lousy tho but sure look there's round 2 and plcs, congrats on achieving the points though

• Advertisement

Im goin recheckin the two d1's so hopefully i'll get one of them up to a c3 so i'll be eligible for the course

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ForstalDave

Im goin recheckin the two d1's so hopefully i'll get one of them up to a c3 so i'll be eligible for the course

Also dont be afraid to contact the collage, they can make allowances at times

No because you still don't meet the requirements for the course
    Also dont be afraid to contact the collage, they can make allowances at times

They don't make allowances on minimum course requirements. If they started that craic everyone would be ringing the colleges asking to be let in.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

No, I'm afraid.

You must meet minimum requirements for the college / course FIRST before the points come into play; everyone who has met the requirements is then ranked by points, and the first X (where X is the number of places available) will be offered places.

So say if i did come up to a c3 in the recheck, would i be automatically be entered into the course??

So say if i did come up to a c3 in the recheck, would i be automatically be entered into the course??

yes if there is space. If not you'll be offered a place for next year.

What college / course btw?

What college / course btw?

Its construction economics and quantity surveying in GMIT.
    No, I'm afraid.

You must meet minimum requirements for the college / course FIRST before the points come into play; everyone who has met the requirements is then ranked by points, and the first X (where X is the number of places available) will be offered places.

But if all the spaces were not taken up in the course could they offer it to me since i'm very close to the requirements??

Its construction economics and quantity surveying in GMIT.

But if all the spaces were not taken up in the course could they offer it to me since i'm very close to the requirements??
    No, you must meet the requirements. There's no "very close" to minimum requirements.

I'd say there would be a reasonable chance of getting a late offer if you did go up on a re-check though.

I have my accomodation got and the last day for canceling it is Thursday. If it were you, would you cancel it or would take a chance and see could i come up in the rechecks??

• Advertisement

The recheck results don't come through until mid October, so unless you plan on going to galway to do something else, you might as well cancel it.

The recheck results don't come through until mid October, so unless you plan on going to galway to do something else, you might as well cancel it.

Im getting mine rechecked not appealed. Does this still take the same amount of time. Im hoping for a adding up mistake in either exam as i only need to move up from a d1 to a c3

Im getting mine rechecked not appealed. Does this still take the same amount of time. Im hoping for a adding up mistake in either exam as i only need to move up from a d1 to a c3

ya, but you'll know after about 5 minutes looking at the paper if there is an addition mistake. It's supposed to be fixed fairly quickly, but they're not that common. It's far more common to have the paper rechecked because a few marks are missed and that will take until mid October.

ya, but you'll know after about 5 minutes looking at the paper if there is an addition mistake. It's supposed to be fixed fairly quickly, but they're not that common. It's far more common to have the paper rechecked because a few marks are missed and that will take until mid October.

Im hoping that there will be a small mistake as im only hoping to move from a d1 to c3. The whole process is a disgrace in my opinion and should be reviewed as it takes far too long

Im hoping that there will be a small mistake as im only hoping to move from a d1 to c3. The whole process is a disgrace in my opinion and should be reviewed as it takes far too long

It's not a disgrace. Students have to be given a couple of days to think about whether they want to appeal or not. SEC has to wait to get these applications in. Examiners have to be appointed. Papers have to be distributed to examiners. They have to be corrected and checked. Those examiners are also teachers and work full time so it's not like summer where they have all day to correct.

Finally all results have to be released at the same time to give all appeal students a fair chance in the CAO system.

I know it's crap that you didn't get your place in college, but I suspect you wouldn't be complaining about the appeals system if you had got it.

You know, the vast majority of papers are corrected accurately. The number of students I see viewing papers in the belief that they did better far outweighs the number that actually send them back. And of all the papers that are sent back only about 1 in 6 get upgraded.

Advertisement