Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT access route

Options
  • 18-08-2014 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

Hi guys. Just been looking at the DIT access programme, is says they give you financial support (not SUSI) anyone know roughly how much this will be? I know DCU give €1000 to each student but DIT may differ. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭oreilly94

Dit offer around €800 in financial assistance so i hear

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TheBoss11

oreilly94 wrote: »
    Dit offer around €800 in financial assistance so i hear

Thank you very much!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

TheBoss11 wrote: »
    Thank you very much!

Hi,

Just to manage your expectations, last year it was reduced to €400 - when I started 4 years ago I got nearly €1000.

Basically they have x amount of money and y number of students. What each student gets is x/y. But the number of students is going up and the amount of money is dwindling, so I wouldn't be surprised if the amount you got was closer to €300 this year tbh.

There is 2 extra schemes you can apply for tho - the Rent Assistance Programme of the Access Student Assistance Fund. Both of these would give you about €1000, but they are voucher EU schemes, so you need to retain receipts for these and then submit them back to the office.

(Ive been a Student Leader, Peer Mentor and the Access Coordinator in the past, so I've a fair idea of the workings!)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 GraceCareer

Hi, how do you apply for any of these grants?
    Thanks os much

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Hi, how do you apply for any of these grants?
    Thanks os much

Sorry, I missed this! You'll get all the info from your access officer during the orientation week.

• Advertisement
Advertisement