Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Burnley v Chelsea, K/O 8pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭veXual

Costa did trail the leg a bit in fairness. Hard one to call, you could say he looked for it but it wasn't a dive..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Kirby wrote: »
    Everyone is singing it. United fans, Spurs fans, I heard the Southampton fans singing it yesterday.

Seems to an accurate documentation of the events surrounding the penultimate stages of last season.

And quite funny.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Kirby wrote: »
    Everyone is singing it. United fans, Spurs fans, I heard the Southampton fans singing it yesterday.

a credit to the musical innovation in the Kop. our influence spreads wide to less creative fans :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Some of the movements from the Chelsea players is sublime.

And big Brana makes it 1-3!!! YES!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Ivan sweet 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Game set and match

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Branna is some man for goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

we're guna win the league...we're guna win the league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

veXual wrote: »
    Costa did trail the leg a bit in fairness. Hard one to call, you could say he looked for it but it wasn't a dive..

Oh there's no doubt he looks for them but that wasn't a yellow card.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

veXual wrote: »

Why would he dive? He'd taken it past the keeper?

Poor defending there from Burnley. Bit of a come down here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

This could turn into an absolute and utter mauling.

Welcome back to the Premier League, Burnley. :)

Cesc with another assist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Cesc Fabregas' pass for the 2nd goal deserves its own thread.

Panthro wrote: »

Paddy Power is paying up early :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

Chelsea will be serious contenders in the Champions League this season. Plenty of flair and power and can defend better than all others in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

This is like Isreal v Palestine

Our movement is a lpt more fluid from last season. Thats a plus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Fair to say Burnley are a good bet to finish bottom this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Chelsea carving open Burnley at will. Fabregas pulling the strings and Costa linking up play quite nicely in the final third. Can you imagine if Torres was leading the line here? Talk about a fish out of water.

• Advertisement

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Our movement is a lpt more fluid from last season. Thats a plus
    You'd expect that when you don't play a striker who wear concrete boots :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Looks like I picked the wrong week to drop Ivanovic :(

quot+Looks+like+I+picked+the+wrong+week+to+stop+sniffing+_18562947fa2be3a3d01ecc9bc43200b5.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Panthro wrote: »

Ah more Liverpool chants....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

quarryman wrote: »
    Ah more Liverpool chants....

Our Year

Fair to say Burnley are a good bet to finish bottom this season.
    Too early to be saying that - Chelsea are going to smash up a lot more than Burnley this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Too early to be saying that - Chelsea are going to smash up a lot more than Burnley this season.

I already have money on them finishing bottom. Their team isn't that different from the one that got promoted. Think they needed a lot more than they added.

When ramires ban is up oscar will wanna be performing a lot better or cesc will be our number 10

You'd expect that when you don't play a striker who wear concrete boots :pac:

Its only taken 2 years to address.....and we only have one. :o

shocking camera angle

• Advertisement

Great first half

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Irony is defined as "Chelsea supporters singing about a teams captain slipping at an inopportune moment".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Plus he didn't slip. He miss controlled the ball. I wish people would stop saying he slipped. I suppose it would ruin the song though.....

Irony is defined as "Chelsea supporters singing about a teams captain slipping at an inopportune moment".

Non that cost a league :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Irony is Chelsea supporters singing about a teams captain slipping at an inopportune moment.

It would hurt more for Terry if they subsequently didn't go on and win the champions league. Who's to say Gerrard won't make amends and subsequently win the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

rarnes1 wrote: »
    shocking camera angle

Huh? It's great to have a close angle again, I still miss Highbury!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,979 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Excellent response by Chelsea after conceding the early goal. This could get very ugly for Burnley(not that I'd mind that:D) with the way this Chelsea team is bossing things.

Fabregas has been superb, Schurrle looks dangerous and Costa had a nice goal but the real key to this team is Matic who is controlling the midfield. He looked superb last season for them and he reminds me so much of Roy Keane.

And Ivanovic is not having a great game defensively but he is some man from corner kicks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Non that cost a league :pac:

Well, it did cost a league. Just not a league league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Blistering performance from Chelsea, even more impressive considering the early setback. It's so fluid, it's so cohesive, starting at the base with Matic, the interplay between Fabregas (I'm literally drooling sitting here in my Chelsea jersey with Fabregas on the back), Oscar, Schurrle, Hazard and the dynamic Diego Costa has been breathtaking. This has been a performance on a different level to anything else seen this weekend. It's the performance of champions, it's the performance of a team that has so much potential this season. Football of a different class.

Blistering performance from Chelsea, even more impressive considering the early setback. It's so fluid, it's so cohesive, starting at the base with Matic, the interplay between Fabregas (I'm literally drooling sitting here in my Chelsea jersey with Fabregas on the back), Oscar, Schurrle, Hazard and the dynamic Diego Costa has been breathtaking. This has been a performance on a different level to anything else seen this weekend. It's the performance of champions, it's the performance of a team that has so much potential this season. Football of a different class.
    They are not champions of anything right now.

PS. Love the quote in your sig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Chelsea look gud

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Blistering performance from Chelsea, even more impressive considering the early setback. It's so fluid, it's so cohesive, starting at the base with Matic, the interplay between Fabregas (I'm literally drooling sitting here in my Chelsea jersey with Fabregas on the back) , Oscar, Schurrle, Hazard and the dynamic Diego Costa has been breathtaking. This has been a performance on a different level to anything else seen this weekend. It's the performance of champions, it's the performance of a team that has so much potential this season. Football of a different class.

Good god almighty

theteal wrote: »
    Huh? It's great to have a close angle again, I still miss Highbury!

Would prefer a higher angle.

First world problems from an chairman football fan eh :pac:

Wouldnt say champions but its a good start last year these are the games we'd have went in 1-0 down and struggled to a draw or worse.

The additions have balanced the team better for sure but until any of the top teams play each other and are about 10-15games in we wont know who is likely to be champs.

Anyone think Burnley should have made their pitch smaller? I don't think its going to help them stay up having it that big.

Good god almighty

I know, got it off Sports Direct with 20% off a few weeks ago, needless to say I am delirious with joy that the La Masia product is conducting the Chelsea midfield this season.

I know, got it off Sports Direct with 20% off a few weeks ago, needless to say I am delirious with joy that the La Masia product is conducting the Chelsea midfield this season.
    He is doing good things but the man in charge of that midfield is Nemanja Matic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

I must say, you have excellent vocabulary for a 13 yr old.

eagle eye wrote: »
    He is doing good things but the man in charge of that midfield is Nemanja Matic.

Debatable but Matic is indeed a giant in that midfield in every sense, they compliment each other so well.

I must say, you have excellent vocabulary for a 13 yr old.

I'm greatly appreciate your appreciation.

• Advertisement
Advertisement