Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McAfee Renewal

Options
  • 18-08-2014 10:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭

I have been using McAfee for a number of years now and don't use Autorenewal as it costs considerably more then buying it through a partner.

I had a licence covering 5 devices which I paid £30 for last year. In July my account was debited by €100 for a single device cover. I complained as I did not have the Autorenewal option selected and requested a refund. They told me I would get the refund but the were experiencing 'technical difficulties' and it would take some time. So about 2 weeks later I received the refund.

Roll on a month later and they've only gone and done the same thing again. I emailed the same address again but they can't look after it as they only look after North America (they did the last refund). So I rang this morning and again like a robot I got an apology and of course I could have a refund but their systems are experiencing problems at the minute and it will take some time.

This is surely illegal. They receive interest on these funds for the duration they have them while the consumer may have DD's & SO's being returned on them.

Can this be reported anywhere??? Sorry about the long post but I am just really annoyed with it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

http://www.ipso.ie/section/YourRightsasaPayer
    If it is established that an unauthorised direct debit was charged to your account, you are guaranteed an immediate refund by your bank of the amount so charged where you notify your bank without undue delay on becoming aware of the unauthorised direct debit, and in any event no later than 13 months after the date of debiting of such direct debit to your account

Contact your bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

Under SEPA you are entitled to claim a refund of any direct debit from your bank within 8 weeks on a no-questions asked basis. I did this last Tuesday for my company bank account and the money was refunded on Friday.

All the banks have SEPA forms on their websites. I had to fill out two forms
    1. to cancel the DD
    2. to get a refund of the amount debited
    you will need to ring your bank to get McAfee's SEPA ID number for the forms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

And then get rid of McAfee.

Advertisement