Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Sports 3/4/5/News and Eurosport - any plans to add?

Options
  • 18-08-2014 10:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Do you know are there any plans to offer the remaining Sky Sports channels (SS3,SS4,SS5,SSN) in the Sky Sports add-on, as well as Eurosport 1 and 2 to the eVision lineup? What about the HD versions of these channels?

Golf, Rugby and recently Sky GAA coverage all tend to be on Sky Sports 3 and Sky Sports 4 which we cannot currently get with eVision.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Kensington wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Do you know are there any plans to offer the remaining Sky Sports channels (SS3,SS4,SS5,SSN) in the Sky Sports add-on, as well as Eurosport 1 and 2 to the eVision lineup? What about the HD versions of these channels?

Golf, Rugby and recently Sky GAA coverage all tend to be on Sky Sports 3 and Sky Sports 4 which we cannot currently get with eVision.

Hi Kensington

I can fully appreciate your concern and query above as sky do seem to be increasingly expanding in to a multi channel platform. I have been in contact with evision operations who have informed me that while they are unable to offer me the specifics there are indeed plans being considered in relation to improving and expanding evisions service offering. As soon as I have more information I will make sure to make announcements both here and on our community forum.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

Hi guys,

Hi Kensington

I can fully appreciate your concern and query above as sky do seem to be increasingly expanding in to a multi channel platform. I have been in contact with evision operations who have informed me that while they are unable to offer me the specifics there are indeed plans being considered in relation to improving and expanding evisions service offering. As soon as I have more information I will make sure to make announcements both here and on our community forum.

Thanks
    Al
    Any updates on this Al?

Want to get Sky Sports for the premier league matches and 30e for just Sky Sports 1 & 2 seems quite high.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

manu2009 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Hi Kensington

Thanks
    Al
    Any updates on this Al?

Want to get Sky Sports for the premier league matches and 30e for just Sky Sports 1 & 2 seems quite high.

Hi Kensington

I have no further update on this I'm afraid. I can confirm that at present there are no plans to change the existing price and channels which the the sports pack currently entails.

I can understand the sports pack has less channels then the competitors but this is why it's charged at €30 and not the full €38 which other operators charge.

The extended sky package is brilliant and I can fully understand any desires for it but have you considered going for the Setanta pack? - €16 for Setanta, ESPN, Btsport 1 & 2 seems decent value to me - There's usally a saturday 12.45 premiership kick off on BTsport and then a 3pm kick off on Setanta and the a good match of the day style review show later that night on Setanta again. Also, plenty of other sports like motoGP, boxing and UFC.

Sorry I can't offer better news but as advised I'll updates the forums when we do have more news on this

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭jdelis

I just joined e-vision  and found this quite old post. I got the Sky package and it seems to include all channels now, so I am glad that the service seems to be improving over time. But I am unhappy with the lack of HD option is Sky Sports/Movies, even at a higher price. Do you know if there are any plans to add this option in the future?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

jdelis wrote: »
    I just joined e-vision  and found this quite old post. I got the Sky package and it seems to include all channels now, so I am glad that the service seems to be improving over time. But I am unhappy with the lack of HD option is Sky Sports/Movies, even at a higher price. Do you know if there are any plans to add this option in the future?
    Hi jdelis,

Thank you for getting in touch and I am glad to hear you are happy with our E-vision improvements.

Unfortunately there are no current plans to add this option in the future but I will be sure to relay your feedback onto the relevant department.

Kind Regards,
    Ciara.

• Advertisement
Advertisement