Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refunded tranaction

Options
  • 18-08-2014 10:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I am waiting for a refund (to my Visa Debit) from a Online Retailer to reach my account.  This refund should have been received last week.  

After numerous phone calls, emails and different responses from Retailer, they have eventually refunded transaction.  They advised original refund was not processed by bank (BOI).  They also advised that is 100% the banks responsibility to process refund.

I 100% believe the fault is with the Retailer and they are trying to pass blame on to BOI.  Can you advise what information I should request from Retailer to allow BOI to look into this in more details.

Thanks,
    Martin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Martin,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We are sorry to hear you've experienced a delay with a refund being applied to your account. Just to clarify, card refunds are processed by a retailer through their card terminal. Provided valid card details have been entered by a retailer, we would not be aware of any other reason why a credit would not reach a customer's account. 

Apologies that we cannot be of further assistance on this occasion. Any further investigation would need to be raised with the retailer in question.

Thanks
    Tara   

Advertisement