Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing course in First year

Options
  • 18-08-2014 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I have just accepted civil eng in DIT. I think the course is very good but I think some other eng course such as mechanical would have suited me. Is there any way I could change to a similiar course (internal transfer) such as mechanical or common entry in first year. I have the required points to do mechanical. I also read somewhere here on boards.ie that some student changed from mechanical eng to computer science which are different courses. pls reply soon, Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭gauchesnell

Contact the admissions office asap 01 402 3445 or admissions (at) dit.ie or call into them in Rathmines

Assuming that you are heading into 1st year contact them direct and they will advise. It would be related to the CAO so they might need to contact them.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dwaegon

You would probably have to wait until all CAO offers have been accepted, but if there's a place available and you match the criteria you could switch if they allow it. Don't expect a response before you start, but you can transfer a week or two into the semester just as easily. Best thing is to go with what you've accepted for now, as if you don't show up they may not look kindly on it.

Advertisement