Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton t90si not working

Options
  • 18-08-2014 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hello Folks , my Triton t90si has stopped working. The light comes on when pull cord is pulled nothing happens though when i turn on the shower, no light or power. The light on the pull cord stays on all the time so from reading a few threads that rules out that part. Can anyone offer any advice before i have to call out a repair man .
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

The light should go out when the pull cord is off. Have you checked to see if the shower breaker has tripped maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 bokofinn

Hello Sir Arthur, the light goes on when pulled and off when pulled . the trip switch is on , everything looks as it should only the actual shower unit has no light or energy to work. Any ideas on what i could try would be greatly appreciated. thanks

I would be inclined to blame the pull cord. Not uncommon for these to fail. If you have a volt meter you could check have you voltage at the shower main terminal block.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 bokofinn

is there much in replacing the cord, could a moron/unqualified man manage it ?

You would want to be 100% its the problem first. A volt meter will tell you if its switching the power or not. Can you borrow a meter of someone?
    They are not the easiest switch to replace but if you redo the connections by cutting off the old terminated copper, stripping back new pvc and twisting the strands together and make sure you tighten the screws well. Make sure you take note of the supply cable and switch wire cable before you disassemble the old one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,069 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

It is the pull cord. You are not getting 230v to the shower... If pull cord is wired backwards the light stays on.

Advertisement