Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

salmon fishing cork blackwater

Options
  • 18-08-2014 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭

Hi im heading down to cork at the weekend and want go give the blackwater a go for a salmon can anyone recommend a fishery where i would be in with a chance was looking at blackwater lodge or maybe in cappoquin but i think you need very low water for cappoquin any help appreciated
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭stylie

I think your only chance is Cappoquin, there is no water in the river.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭bizidea

thanks stylie a lot of rivers the same this year. do you know where i can get the day ticket for cappoquin is it heavily fished there

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

you can fish in the blackwater lodge at 80e a day he is getting maybe 1 fish a day but definitely not worth 80e

cappoquin is 20e you get a day pass in the post office in the town

fish the dropping tide and the low water yields best results but still i have seen 20/30 people fishing one stretch fish jumping everywhere but wont take

last week there was a few taken below with 8 on one day but its very very frustrating`, saying that id rather pay the 20e and know you are at least covering fish than 80e and be doubting if there is any fish there

its mostly shrimping down there too

thanks popsy
    do a small bit of shrimpimg but its mainly worm fishing i do.do they use the float in cappoquin the same as the moy or on the bottom just ledgering are the pools well marked or would i need a bit of local knowledge to know where exactly to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

People do worm fish also but it's mostly shrimp and it can be hard to worm fish with floats everywhere ha

You will get a map when you get your day ticket lately most of the fish seem to be in the kitchen pool or the hut pool

• Advertisement

thanks for your help popsy shir all i can do is give it a lash and see ya never know i might get lucky. is the a good tackle shop around cappoquin

Advertisement