Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheap cowboy fancy dress

• 18-08-2014 1:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭

Ok dunno if im posting this in right place so sorry in advance :pac:

Anyways i have a fancy dress party coming up soon that i need a cowboy outfit for.

I have a old diesel reddy checked shirt i can use and pair of old jeans dirty tanned colored shoes should be ok as well.

Was thinking of matching them up with something like this.........

http://www.littlestarparties.ie/adult-costume/western-authentic-wandering-gunman-costume_21000

Anything that would work actually i dont mind!

But ya i dont wanna be spending 50 euro on something that doesn't even have a hat!.

So any ideas how i could do this for cheaper!

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I'm sure there are plenty of Garth Brooks fans who threw away their cowboy boots and hats in disgust after the concerts were cancelled that you could salvage!!

Seriously, if you are in Dublin there is a fancy dress shop next to the Gaiety opposite Stephens Green SC that does inexpensive fancy dress attire. I'm sure they might have some western/cowboy themed stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

ongarboy wrote: »
    I'm sure there are plenty of Garth Brooks fans who threw away their cowboy boots and hats in disgust after the concerts were cancelled that you could salvage!!

Seriously, if you are in Dublin there is a fancy dress shop next to the Gaiety opposite Stephens Green SC that does inexpensive fancy dress attire. I'm sure they might have some western/cowboy themed stuff.

I know the one actually its there years. I was thinking i might get away with a checked shirt old pair of jeans tanned dirty shoes i have then just get hold of maybe a nice belt cowboy hat and an auld gun.

Any ideas where get a decent looking cowboy hat without it costing loads? Some of the ones on the fancy dress look really cheap online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Did you get something for this? I'm in the same boat now :o Left it last minute, checked Claire's accessories in Dundrum for a hat, nothing. If I had even looked a week ago I'm sure there were loads for Halloween :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Cork_girl wrote: »
    Did you get something for this? I'm in the same boat now :o Left it last minute, checked Claire's accessories in Dundrum for a hat, nothing. If I had even looked a week ago I'm sure there were loads for Halloween :mad:

I ended up getting a good cowboy hat from costume shop and a fancy belt bucket with skull on it. Dark checked shirt tucked into pair of worn dark blue jeans done!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 martinf30

Have you checked ebay? You can find lots of accessories etc. I got my entire costume (80's icon) on there for less than 40e delivered this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

martinf30 wrote: »
    Have you checked ebay? You can find lots of accessories etc. I got my entire costume (80's icon) on there for less than 40e delivered this year.

Unfortunately I need it for Saturday, so it's too late to get delivery now. Plan is to get into the shop by Stephen's green this evening, they open until 8pm on Thursdays :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

try the Euro shop for cheap gun / holster.
    Might be a kids size, but you could use a belt.

Advertisement