Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlow College or PLC?

Options
  • 18-08-2014 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭

I got an offer today from carlow college to study humanities :) I think I would really like the course but I also have a plc I'm really interested in - marketing and public relations at GTI, which I could use to transfer to GMIT next year :) I know I want a career in public relations and I know I could probably get into it with humanities too but plc seems more logical, I'm very conflicted but thankfully have until the 25th to make up my mind :) if anyone had experience of the humanities course in Carlow or GTI/GMIT, please do post here and share with me :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭weadick

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    I got an offer today from carlow college to study humanities :) I think I would really like the course but I also have a plc I'm really interested in - marketing and public relations at GTI, which I could use to transfer to GMIT next year :) I know I want a career in public relations and I know I could probably get into it with humanities too but plc seems more logical, I'm very conflicted but thankfully have until the 25th to make up my mind :) if anyone had experience of the humanities course in Carlow or GTI/GMIT, please do post here and share with me :)

Just saw this post now. What did you opt for in the end?

I hope you didnt chose Humanities in Carlow. Some of it is interesting and the lecturers are v good but my god it is useless! Its four years of your life which will ultimately lead nowhere except maby the dole queue or a call centre if you are lucky.

Plus Carlow is a soulless, cultureless dive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

weadick wrote: »
    Just saw this post now. What did you opt for in the end?

I hope you didnt chose Humanities in Carlow. Some of it is interesting and the lecturers are v good but my god it is useless! Its four years of your life which will ultimately lead nowhere except maby the dole queue or a call centre if you are lucky.

Plus Carlow is a soulless, cultureless dive.

I chose to do the PLC in the end and I couldn't be happier! :) Love the course, met new friends, teachers are lovely and I know exactly what college/course I want next year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 flirtygirty

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    I chose to do the PLC in the end and I couldn't be happier! :) Love the course, met new friends, teachers are lovely and I know exactly what college/course I want next year :)

Great that you like your course.

Have you thought about DKIT's PR course for next year? They have a great looking degree that covers every aspect of PR. I'm thinking of applying. ITs DK815.

Advertisement