Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Freshers LYIT 2014/2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Sara_Howard

I told the hot guy I couldn't live with him cos I wanted him so much, we ended up going on a date :) I'm just home, he walked me home, oh donegal boys are so amazing X

• Registered Users Posts: 8 tjeln

I got into Bioscience. I'm from Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 40 niamhy94

I told the hot guy I couldn't live with him cos I wanted him so much, we ended up going on a date :) I'm just home, he walked me home, oh donegal boys are so amazing X

. awwwah :) they are amazing because i got with a donegal lad a few months ago before i met my oncurrent bf from mayo :) mayo abu :)

tjeln wrote: »
    I got into Bioscience. I'm from Waterford

ur coming a fair distance, how u going to travel up and down

niamhy94 wrote: »
    ur coming a fair distance, how u going to travel up and down

Bus. It takes like 6/7 hours which is a bit of a pain haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 sullygirl42

ah sure im from cork haha itll b grand

Bus. It takes like 6/7 hours which is a bit of a pain haha

be worth it in de end all de partying lol

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Amsirp

In fairness I had a friend that traveled from limerick, 9 hour bus journey! :/

I don't plan on making the journey that often so it doesn't really make a difference

• Registered Users Posts: 9 aaronduffy18

im going to study computing, and im from monaghan.
    does anyone know do lyit send out like a welcome pack or whatever there called

• Advertisement

im going to study computing, and im from monaghan.
    does anyone know do lyit send out like a welcome pack or whatever there called

Hey, no welcome packs are sent, you will receive them on registration day (in the college gym). It's a fresher pack and has some pretty funny **** in it :) welcome to LYIT!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 aaronduffy18

Amsirp wrote: »
    Hey, no welcome packs are sent, you will receive them on registration day (in the college gym). It's a fresher pack and has some pretty funny **** in it :) welcome to LYIT!
    ah ok I was just wondering because I know UCD sends theres out by post and then do we get our timetables then?

ah ok I was just wondering because I know UCD sends theres out by post and then do we get our timetables then?

You can check the timetables closer to the time online! Not up yet, I'd say a week before, it's always changing when they are released.

Does anyone know how we know what books we need?

when i went into the it , they said some courses woundt need books it will be some handouts like

Second what Niamh said, a lot of corses require no books, but if they do, it's usually in the class they let you know what will be needed for the coming term.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 shellyr19

Is there anyone doing intellectual disability nursing? I feel like a loner

does anyone get how to register online im still a bit confused even tough i go over it so many times :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Snoishh

Does anyone know if you have to pay the registration fees by the third of september with the giro or can you just pay on registration day out of pocket?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Jason1892

Anyone else doing sports coaching and performance? Coming from Longford:)

• Advertisement

Jason1892 wrote: »
    Anyone else doing sports coaching and performance? Coming from Longford:)

i am :):) coming from roscommon :)

does anyone know how to reigster online im so confused how to :/

Snoishh wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you have to pay the registration fees by the third of september with the giro or can you just pay on registration day out of pocket?

It says on the website that it needs to be paid with the giro before arriving at the college.

It says on the website that it needs to be paid with the giro before arriving at the college.

its bit unfair because some of us cant afford it :/ i have to wait and see from de grant getting them to send me a letter out

its bit unfair because some of us cant afford it :/ i have to wait and see from de grant getting them to send me a letter out

Yeah, I need a student loan because I'm slightly over the income threshold for the grant.

Yeah, I need a student loan because I'm slightly over the income threshold for the grant.

they can wait and see and my parents and myself will discuss it withem on the day of reg :/ its stupid the medical card cant cover it

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dingdel

I'm doing sports coaching and performance..coming from Louth! 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

Just bring any letters from SUSI that say you've applied for the grant and you'll be fine. As long as they know you've applied you wont need to pay anything til about January, by which point you'll have likely received the grant anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dingdel

I contacted SUSI about reg fee and they gave same advise but to also contact admissions to explain....which I did and they told me that I would have to pay half of it, ie €1350 and that it would be reimbursed to me once grant comes through, yikes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Jason1892

dingdel wrote: »
    I'm doing sports coaching and performance..coming from Louth! 😀

What sport are u choosing?

Advertisement