Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming ChitChat Ploughs On To Five

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭TUBBY

GY A1 wrote: »
    an awful lot of these on facebook doing the ice bucket challenge with loader buckets of water from tractor or loadall,
    all goin ok til something goes wrong,
    all right havin fun and for a good cause but thats not the place for machinery

i know. Just saw the video of the girl in Mississippi where she broke her neck doing it. Bucket of water dropped from height on her and bucket landed on head full.
    her family released the video to raise awareness. It all over FB.
    beautiful girl with full life ahead of her. RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

.Kovu. wrote: »
    I know, had to step back from that myself......can't be going getting banned now can I. Wouldn't be a great role model for ye now would I....

GY A1- Seen a cousin of mine do one with a mini dumper on facebook, couldn't help laughing though as all you could hear in the background was my uncle shouting "Aaaah will ye sit down ya huuuuure ya!":D:D

its all grand and fun in the right place,
    but a farm has work place responsibilites and u need competent people with safe equipment,

accidents dont happen, there is a cause

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

its all grand and fun in the right place,
    but a farm has work place responsibilites and u need competent people with safe equipment,

accidents dont happen, there is a cause

Oh I know, I wouldn't be happy saying it if I was unsure of competence or equipment. He's an agri contractor and I've never seen him take chances when working, him or his sons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Zr105

an awful lot of these on facebook doing the ice bucket challenge with loader buckets of water from tractor or loadall,
    all goin ok til something goes wrong,
    all right havin fun and for a good cause but thats not the place for machinery

I did it earlier, have all the access in the world to loader buckets etc but like hell would i use one.. It's about raising money for mnd, not a look how great i am job, but as usual people take it to bloody far. There's already one person dead and a few injured after a tele nose dived with a bucket of water...

What i dont get there is the tele should have had a load monitor and been blaring like hell long before it nose dived

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

naughto wrote: »
    I have a_wedding that I can't get out off.
    Just in the door from croker some game to come back they way they did with 14 men was unreal.
    Would have took draw a half time with being 4points down an a man sent off,to come out in the 2nd have like a_cow roaring for its calf
    Takes some doing,they stood up when it counted very proud off them.

Would ya have took a draw with 65mins on the clock and ye up by 5? :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭GrandSoftDay

TUBBY wrote: »
    Bit of farming banter needed on after hours folks.

miserable b**yard farmer thread is kicking off again

Waste of time arguing with the gob****es that post on after hours, you would erupt if you took them seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

Reggie. wrote: »
    Like this :D

Vintage only? Only half of photos on boards coming up on phone:confused::mad:
    Had you many tractors? Have helped out and organised tractor runs in past but noticed numbers down well in recent years. Lovely outing if nice day. We keep to back roads, lanes and usually use some farmers farm roadway as well. Have even crossed fields (with permission).Go different route every year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Vintage only? Only half of photos on boards coming up on phone:confused::mad:
    Had you many tractors? Have helped out and organised tractor runs in past but noticed numbers down well in recent years. Lovely outing if nice day. We keep to back roads, lanes and usually use some farmers farm roadway as well. Have even crossed fields (with permission).Go different route every year.
    Yeah vintage only. It's what the committee wanted. We had 58 tractors. We had 75 last year. The numbers are down every year alright that's because everyone is doing them now and there are too many on during the summer.
    yeah we use canal roads and as many back roads as possible on ours aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,981 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

I have a_wedding that I can't get out off.
    Just in the door from croker some game to come back they way they did with 14 men was unreal.
    Would have took draw a half time with being 4points down an a man sent off,to come out in the 2nd have like a_cow roaring for its calf
    Takes some doing,they stood up when it counted very proud off them.
    are ya getting married?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

I got a real sly PM from Dav the head lad off boards on Monday

Seems I was the real reason behind in his words " farm derailment"

anyone want a copy of it sent by PM just like this post.

*** Note if my account is banned as Reggie I sent him a copy he just failed to acknowledge it ***

Excuse me?

I told you to stop derailing that particular thread (the feedback on advertising).

Your insinuation that the staff member in charge of this site calling you on your nonsense is somehow "sly" leaves a hell of a lot to be desired. It was anything but.

For the record, this is what I sent Lakill Farms
    Dav wrote:
    If you have a problem with our prices you should realise that this is not some sort of small local paper - our site and its reach is bigger than that of all national press (RTÉ being the only exception). If anything our prices are way too low.

We're already allowing you a free advertisement in your sig, that's at our discretion and if this is the sort of gratitude we can expect then why on earth should we bother?

Everyone else seems to be happy to work together to help the Farming community except you with your frankly embarrassing cheap shots and attempts to derail what should be a constructive conversation. Give it a rest, ok?
    I sent it as a PM as posting it on the thread would have only continued taking it off-topic. I'm not going to allow you to make this sort of allegation against me at my workplace - I'm sure you wouldn't allow it at yours either.

• Advertisement

did anyone hear of a BMC fertiliser spreader?

whelan2 wrote: »

Nope

Nope
    good as neither did I :D OH got a price on one today, googled it and didnt come up with much

good as neither did I :D OH got a price on one today, googled it and didnt come up with much

Heard of a BMC tractor alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭naughto

Dav wrote: »
    Excuse me?

I told you to stop derailing that particular thread (the feedback on advertising).

Your insinuation that the staff member in charge of this site calling you on your nonsense is somehow "sly" leaves a hell of a lot to be desired. It was anything but.

For the record, this is what I sent Lakill FarmsI sent it as a PM as posting it on the thread would have only continued taking it off-topic. I'm not going to allow you to make this sort of allegation against me at my workplace - I'm sure you wouldn't allow it at yours either.
    Bringing this upon here is not helping any one why did u not just pm him?
    It looks like you are taking the hole thing way to serious with a comment like the only ones bigger than us is rte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭dzer2

I Thought BMC were engine makers back in the day

are ya getting married?

Jesus_no did that already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

I'm going to be a man down tomorrow eldest lad starting first year. The two lads have been a great help with the oul boy out of action.

dzer2 wrote: »
    I Thought BMC were engine makers back in the day
    it looks like a vicon i think, the sales guy did say it was 2 disc

I'm going to be a man down tomorrow eldest lad starting first year. The two lads have been a great help with the oul boy out of action.
    best of luck to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭dzer2

I am 2 men down but sure they are growing up.

dzer2 wrote: »
    I am 2 men down but sure they are growing up.
    my lad is going in to second year, loves secondary school , no problems getting up in morning. You dont find the years going by

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭piebaldskwbald

Just did the ice bucket challenge, by god 'twas cold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

the OH is ging back to school on Wednesday, thank **** :rolleyes:

Off to sell a few in ball a duff tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭td5man

the OH is ging back to school on Wednesday, thank **** :rolleyes:

Off to sell a few in ball a duff tomorrow

Do you sell many OH's? Is there money in them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

td5man wrote: »
    Do you sell many OH's? Is there money in them?

Just like cattle there is more money in them when they are sold than hanging around the yard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Feckthis

Same as. Bit of a shock alrite

cant believe the miserable bastard farmers thread is still going :confused:

cant believe the miserable bastard farmers thread is still going :confused:

But sure we're all miserable ain't we

• Advertisement

But sure we're all miserable ain't we
    we are today;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭Charliebull

I have one, I think

put it up for the craic anyone that doesn't mind not being anomonous.

When did exercise is the antidote bow out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

TUBBY wrote: »
    put it up for the craic anyone that doesn't mind not being anomonous.

I'll have a go at trying to put it up

When did exercise is the antidote bow out?

pity - very good poster.

• Advertisement

Any one watching power in the blood?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Anyone here from west cork? Do ya know if Sean O Lionaird (feirm factor) is a brother of Iarla, the sean nos singer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,380 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Feck it. I forgot it was on - bloody Boards :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

Base price wrote: »
    Feck it. I forgot it was on - bloody Boards :)

Ah now, how's the big smoke going, miss rural life yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,380 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Farrell wrote: »
    Ah now, how's the big smoke going, miss rural life yet?
    Traffic was horrendous this morning but I never lost the graw for "progressive" driving in the city ;)
    Not a bad day weather wise to be stuck in a office earning some real money but to be honest I kept looking out the window to see if the rain was easing off.
    Anyway the good news is that fingers crossed, after a few weeks of monitoring/learning how this company operates, I should be able to do most of my work at home :P
    Didn't say which home - NCD or Longford :D
    Although the internet signal is crap in Longford :(

• Advertisement

Traffic was horrendous this morning but I never lost the graw for "progressive" driving in the city ;)
    Not a bad day weather wise to be stuck in a office earning some real money but to be honest I kept looking out the window to see if the rain was easing off.
    Anyway the good news is that fingers crossed, after a few weeks of monitoring/learning how this company operates, I should be able to do most of my work at home :P

Lots around here travel up & down everyday / 3 days a week - worst case.
    Yes internet is poor, around here for basic, let alone trying to work from home.
    Good time for you to catch up on boards & soaps, as no chores to do.
    Think all part-time farmers would agree with you about looking out the window, thinking what could be done on the farm, window less office is only solution

Upgrade the Internet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

Heard bit yesterday about a man that used to 'transport' pigs across the border to collect the subsidy that was available. He was been checked by the customs one time and the customs man asked -as he did regularly- if he could look into the trailer. The truck driver tried to protest a bit but as the two lads knew each other he didn't want to draw to much attention to his load. The customs man looks in trailer and sees 1 sow and about 30 pigs.
    "Ah jaysus", he says, "I know damn all about pigs but I do know that a sow has only about 14 teats and so there is no way she could feed those pigs. Sure there must be nearly 30 of them there"
    "And what is wrong with that" says yer man "sure my mother had only 2 and she still reared a family of 13.":D

Did you have to partake today?
    Get soaked?

Did ya get all your hair dried yet? :D

Was waiting for ya to post something.how lucky are u to get to see my sexy body

Was waiting for ya to post something.how lucky are u to get to see my sexy body

Oh beyond lucky. Made my morning!:rolleyes:

.Kovu. wrote: »
    Oh beyond lucky. Made my morning!:rolleyes:

Down Kovu down :D

Down Kovu down :D

Moi? I'm innocent officer, I swear.

Jaysus I can't get motivated today at all. :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement