Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming ChitChat Ploughs On To Five

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭farmersfriend

Last day of school holidays here today, kids hate seeing the uniforms reappearing. they aren't swallowing the 'its the best years of your life' line!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭C0N0R

Reggie. wrote: »
    Jaysus I can't get motivated today at all. :(

Same struggling to do anything today for some reason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

C0N0R wrote: »
    Same struggling to do anything today for some reason

Oh it's torture

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

Kids back to school I always reckoned was the beginning of the end of the summer. The evenings and mornings getting darker a lot quicker this last few days.

Kids back to school I always reckoned was the beginning of the end of the summer. The evenings and mornings getting darker a lot quicker this last few days.

Mornings Def getting darker on the way to work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Bit of People power to help out this poor girl caught under the Luas..

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=641678982597717

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Anyone price 35N concrete lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭quader

€70 plus vat north cork ww plus a €5 for fibres

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,854 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

next thing will be christmas, my kids not back til next monday:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭The Letheram

Anyone price 35N concrete lately?

€76 per m3 in north wexford. Orange lorries should be a giveaway as I am unsure can I name the company here. Thats for a quantity.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭The Letheram

€76 per m3 in north wexford. Orange lorries should be a giveaway as I am unsure can I name the company here. Thats for a quantity.

Also meant to say inc VAT.

whelan2 wrote: »

Have to get by Halloween first

Have to get by Halloween first
    fooking hate halloween, might try and go away for it

fooking hate halloween, might try and go away for it

Be near a gate left in the place when ya get back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭RoscommonTom

I always think its not over till the two all Ireland's are played, definitely se the evening getting shorter though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭rushvalley

Coming home from the ploughing in the dark is when I consider summer to be over.

rushvalley wrote: »
    Coming home from the ploughing in the dark is when I consider summer to be over.
    i remember coming home from ploughing in the dark and guy who was supposed to milk the cows for me hadnt done them:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Always seems to be the duo of swallows on the lines and plums ripening in the fields. Great time that, dad still doesn't know what 3 weeks out of the year I am mad to go check the cows in the farthest fields....;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

They were wheeling out the Christmas boxes of sweets this evening in Tesco Ballinasloe!!

.Kovu. wrote: »
    Always seems to be the duo of swallows on the lines and plums ripening in the fields. Great time that, dad still doesn't know what 3 weeks out of the year I am mad to go check the cows in the farthest fields....;)

Toyboy hiding out there is he :D

• Advertisement

Muckit wrote: »
    They were wheeling out the Christmas boxes of sweets this evening in Tesco Ballinasloe!!
    ye saw celebrations for 13 euro a tub in Dunnes today:eek:

ye saw celebrations for 13 euro a tub in Dunnes today:eek:

Heard that they were getting rolled out. 3 bloody months early. It'll make a long Christmas out of it

Toyboy hiding out there is he :D

That would be a very long walk........in either direction:D

That would be a very long walk........in either direction:D

More than one :eek: ya animal Kovu :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

ah well, celtic out of champion league

GY A1 wrote: »
    thankfully no one mentioned liverpool here last night:o they where brutal

thankfully no one mentioned liverpool here last night:o they where brutal

didnt see it, anyone but man u or man city :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

Utd just got beaten by MK Dons 4-0

Farrell wrote: »
    Utd just got beaten by MK Dons 4-0

ABU :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

GY A1 wrote: »

Sad to see the state of Scottish football these days compared to back in the day. In contrast we have a team from Cyprus(pop 300K) get through in style to champions league tonight. A model we need to study in this country too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

Anyone watching tv3? Scariest animal attacks. Bull in spain jumped right into the crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭rushvalley

Anyone watching tv3? Scariest animal attacks. Bull in spain jumped right into the crowd

I'd say there's a bit of fl22 breeding in him :P . Fair scarey though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭tanko

Good, hope he killed a load of the sick c***ts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Mad4simmental

Poor fcuker flipped the switch, like you see one in the factory now & agen!

You could hardly blame him. He had nothing to lose. Might as well bring a few down with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Zr105

Reminds me of this;

http://youtu.be/aPhWfSeMYHA

Zr105 wrote: »
    Reminds me of this;

http://youtu.be/aPhWfSeMYHA

Never gets old

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭AntrimGlens

So I'm off work today to childmind as the grandparents are away for their holidays. Thinking I was all foreword planning I was making a lamb korma for the dinner tonight and had to go out to speak to lorry driver as I'm getting driveway done. Came back in to find him with a mouthful of Cardoman pods and her chewing on a ginger stem. Thought they would be entertained by the 21 yr old girl driving the digger outside the window but it appears their father is more entertained. 😉 think we might go to the sheep market instead of their mothers recommendation of the shops 😱

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

yes I saw it, when he damaged the horn that was t he start of the antics. hes some jumper, he got better as the clip went on!

I went to the festival de san Feirme in Pamplona a few years ago in2002. They let off a firework at 07.55 as the wake up call. At 08:00 another firework goes off and the bull pen at the top of the town is opened, 6 or 8 bulls are let off and "sheparded" down the hill and through the town.

Some locals, and a few "tourists" who have been on a diet of big macs all year try to run with them, within 6 minutes they arrive (the bulls that is) at the arena (which is a mile away!) and are corralled. not much steam left in them at this stage. (the big mac team are still coming down the hill)

an hour later, one by one, they re let out from a black pen, into the light so they will be blinded - into a full ring of spectators with corks on their horns. it is considered "lucky" id you can get one of these corks!! eventually they run out of steam and are corralled in again until that night when they meet their maker.

• Advertisement

See sky news have a video of the 9yo kid who shot her instructor when he was showing her how to shoot an Uzi machine gun.
    Holy **** lads, what sort of idiot thinks that was good idea to set a kid up with an uzi!!

Can't link as I'm on the phone. Obviously they cut short if the bit where she shoots the gun in automatic, the recoil pushes the gun back and over her head while she continues to shoot, hitting the instructor in te head. In many ways I think he deserved it as he was an idiot to agree to it

Some of My friends were kicked off a shooting range in Dallas as one girl kept turning round and screaming after she shiot the target, pointing the gun at everyone as she turned round.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Damo810

_Brian wrote: »
    See sky news have a video of the 9yo kid who shot her instructor when he was showing her how to shoot an Uzi machine gun.
    Holy **** lads, what sort of idiot thinks that was good idea to set a kid up with an uzi!!

Can't link as I'm on the phone. Obviously they cut short if the bit where she shoots the gun in automatic, the recoil pushes the gun back and over her head while she continues to shoot, hitting the instructor in te head. In many ways I think he deserved it as he was an idiot to agree to it

Some of My friends were kicked off a shooting range in Dallas as one girl kept turning round and screaming after she shiot the target, pointing the gun at everyone as she turned round.

It's natural selection at work. But that child will be scarred for life now..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

That town will be getting a NRA rally soon.Dumb fcuking idiots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

It's uncomfortable viewing. The child was way out of her depth and the instructor might have picked up on that.
    I do wonder what sort of a mindset exists that a parent thinks it approriate to arm a 9yo girl with an Uzi.
    I think, luckily, we've a different attitude to weapons here that in America.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Damo810 wrote: »
    It's natural selection at work. But that child will be scarred for life now..
    Kids are very resilient, she could make a great sniper.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

blue5000 wrote: »
    Kids are very resilient, she could make a great sniper.

Maybe, but I'm thinking being able to shoot someone who is standing beside you using an uzi is any sort of qualification for being a sniper ;)

• Advertisement

Maybe, but I'm thinking being able to shoot someone who is standing beside you using an uzi is any sort of qualification for being a sniper ;)

It only has a range of about 100m anyways.Designed by the Israeli secret service as a conceal able weapon

Alright farming troupe, remember a photo competition was mentioned/bandied about a while back?

It will start in September, different theme each month. Photos shall be judged by 'likes' and you may enter as many as you wish. And if it's really really good, you may just get a prize.

For now, I need themes for September, in the interest of fairness send them to me via pm and if none stand out to the mods, we will input them into a random generator to choose one.
    So fire away!

Alright farming troupe, remember a photo competition was mentioned/bandied about a while back?

It will start in September, different theme each month. Photos shall be judged by 'likes' and you may enter as many as you wish. And if it's really really good, you may just get a prize.

For now, I need themes for September, in the interest of fairness send them to me via pm and if none stand out to the mods, we will input them into a random generator to choose one.
    So fire away!

Should the theme not just be farming related? You'll get more photos that way.

Damo810 wrote: »
    Should the theme not just be farming related? You'll get more photos that way.

Yea, should have mentioned that. Along that line anyway. I just assumed that you'd all have suggestions that are farming related.

Yea, should have mentioned that. Along that line anyway. I just assumed that you'd all have suggestions that are farming related.

No, what I mean is, have no theme at all, as long as the pictures are farming related.

Having a theme every month restricts the amount of pictures your going to get. It might mean some great pictures (Often the ones that are 'off the cuff') won't be able to be entered.

Great idea though.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement