Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming ChitChat Ploughs On To Five

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,498 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

whelan2 wrote: »
    Milk recorder rang this morning just as i was starting milking. She had come across an accident and would be late. 2 lads failed to make it round a round about. She said the car smelt like a brewery . One of them couldnt move. Glad it was just themselves that where injured and not some poor unfortunate on the road

Small miracle there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

C0N0R wrote: »
    Where about is this?? Anyone any tips where to buy petrol to make sure you get petrol? There was me thinking if I bought a petrol car id be safe from all that crap, probably better trying to run green in an auld van.

If you bought your petrol in the same place the whole time and kept receipts would you have a case?

A branded name eg texaco or topaz and keep receipts a buddy of mine got dipped recently and was told he was using green diesel which he denied and couldn't figure it out.he retraced hie steps and remembered buying diesel in a place he never use only he had the receipt he was up ****s creek

Milk recorder rang this morning just as i was starting milking. She had come across an accident and would be late. 2 lads failed to make it round a round about. She said the car smelt like a brewery . One of them couldnt move. Glad it was just themselves that where injured and not some poor unfortunate on the road

Fcukers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,981 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

I said wrote: »
    A branded name eg texaco or topaz and keep receipts a buddy of mine got dipped recently and was told he was using green diesel which he denied and couldn't figure it out.he retraced hie steps and remembered buying diesel in a place he never use only he had the receipt he was up ****s creek
    Normally you get what you pay for if its cheap theres a reason

Not true I have receipts for all my diesel fill ups and when I hit the watered down diesel I had filled up in only two well known branded stations in the last few months as they were on my way to work so were handy.

Normally you get what you pay for if its cheap theres a reason

This is true a few cents cheaper against new injectors worth a few hundred

Reggie. wrote: »
    Not true I have receipts for all my diesel fill ups and when I hit the watered down diesel I had filled up in only two well known branded stations in the last few months as they were on my way to work so were handy.

Were people get caught out is buying from places that have the old signs up and they don't deal with those companies anymore so they buy of any supplier while there waiting to get the signs removed from the garage.So any unsuspecting person thinks he is buying statoil diesel were as it's probably some ****e that's been doctored.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭C0N0R

Were people get caught out is buying from places that have the old signs up and they don't deal with those companies anymore so they buy of any supplier while there waiting to get the signs removed from the garage.So any unsuspecting person thinks he is buying statoil diesel were as it's probably some ****e that's been doctored.

My local Texaco turned into a topaz over night! Did see a topaz truck at it a few weeks before that and I swear the last petrol I got there went through her a bit quicker but that's probably psychological!

registered calves on line yesterday on agrinet, checked my emailsthere and theres 1 thats says certificate of birth registration for a dead calf tag no xxxxxxxxxxx on 29/8/14 , is this email instead of the on i would get in the post instead of a card?

registered calves on line yesterday on agrinet, checked my emailsthere and theres 1 thats says certificate of birth registration for a dead calf tag no xxxxxxxxxxx on 29/8/14 , is this email instead of the on i would get in the post instead of a card?

Just seen a fancy audi jeep with biddy as the registration plate, wasnt you was it!!?

• Advertisement

Just seen a fancy audi jeep with biddy as the registration plate, wasnt you was it!!?
    no, unless oh is going to surprise me:D

no, unless oh is going to surprise me:D

Ha hope I haven't ruined the surprise!!! Might not be suitable for getting the cows!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Man near here bought a bull recently, but ever since he has been acting a bit of an escape artist and won't stay in the patch of land he's supposed to..... Father came back this morning and couldn't stop laughing.

The bulls name? Hitler.....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Damo810

.Kovu. wrote: »
    Man near here bought a bull recently, but ever since he has been acting a bit of an escape artist and won't stay in the patch of land he's supposed to..... Father came back this morning and couldn't stop laughing.

Jew gotta be kidding me :D

I'll get my coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Damo810

Ha hope I haven't ruined the surprise!!! Might not be suitable for getting the cows!

A fella I know pulls a cattle trailer with his BMW X5 :p

Tis awful weird seeing one of them going through the town with an Ifor on the back :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,307 ✭✭✭tanko

Your father won't be laughing if the bull land into your fields.:D
    Obama would be a more up to date name for that lad.

tanko wrote: »
    Your father won't be laughing if the bull land into your fields.:D
    Obama would be a more up up to date name for that lad.

Be grand, maybe he'll try invading our land in winter!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,307 ✭✭✭tanko

Two pairs of wellies.:eek:
    I call dibs on this one ladies.

(Welcome to boards, don't mind me, you'll get used to it!:D)

Are you not watching the Leitrim ladies on TG4?

Yup, on in front of me here.

• Advertisement

Damo810 wrote: »
    Jew gotta be kidding me :D

I'll get my coat.

Please do :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

Would Leitrim ladies be an example of an oxymoron in the same way as us Cavanites have been known to say that someone is awful good etc

Questions guys, anyone ever bought a large water tank? I'm talking 30000 litre? What sort would something this size be and where would one get one!?

Would Leitrim ladies be an example of an oxymoron in the same way as us Cavanites have been known to say that someone is awful good etc

Brave daisy, brave!!

Just moved a few bits out of the welcome thread to keep it clean.

Daisy has reached her Leitrim joke tally for the week. Any more and she gets the boot :pac::D

Mayo/kerry game is brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭eric prydz

Questions guys, anyone ever bought a large water tank? I'm talking 30000 litre? What sort would something this size be and where would one get one!?

Try your local scrap yard,you never know what they might have

eric prydz wrote: »
    Try your local scrap yard,you never know what they might have

Never thought of that, could work thanks.

Looked online and the biggest I can see is 10000 litre for a plastic one, unless I want to import from nz!! Can get a 30000 one for €2000 over there and it would do me perfectly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

And it ain't over yet :-)
    Some entertainment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭GRASSorMUCK

Have a couple of carbon fibre (i presume) liquid fert tanks that go to 45m3 or 45k/lts? supplied by the company though so not sure of price... Would take water though!
    Also 2 20k/lt black plastic tanks for water for sprayer. Will look up the brand if you want, though being in Uk wouldn't be sure of availibility i suppose. Probably cheaper than from Nz and atleast!! :D Have clarified can get large tanks in Western Europe if thats any help :o:o:pac:

And it ain't over yet :-)
    Some entertainment.

Will have to have another pint now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭severeoversteer

Never thought of that, could work thanks.

Looked online and the biggest I can see is 10000 litre for a plastic one, unless I want to import from nz!! Can get a 30000 one for €2000 over there and it would do me perfectly!

http://www.donedeal.co.uk/otherfarming-for-sale/water-storage-tank/5986008

http://www.donedeal.co.uk/otherfarming-for-sale/55000-liter-tank/7191256

or you could get a few ibc tanks, if you had 10 of them that would be 11000 litres, and the ibc tanks are only 30-50 euro a piece, easier to transport too !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭jfh

Got to feel for mayo, Will they ever get a break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Might be worth dropping an email to EPS if you're looking for a tank that size... I know that they supply most of the water treatment plants in the country with tanks of all shapes and sizes... Can't say I've ever bought one so I wouldn't have a clue about pricing, but we have a few of them around the farm that we picked up because treatment plants were being upgraded, and they are certainly built to last...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

jfh wrote: »
    Got to feel for mayo, Will they ever get a break.

Certainly not from us.
    Up the Kingdom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Just flicking through classifieds in today's indo. Lovely selection of mainly vintage Toyotas for auction by receiver... McCabes in Ardee.... sh*t*.. aren't they the same crowd that have Blakestown charolais pedigree herd?

Muckit wrote: »
    Just flicking through classifieds in today's indo. Lovely selection of mainly vintage Toyotas for auction by receiver... McCabes in Ardee.... sh*t*.. aren't they the same crowd that have Blakestown charolais pedigree herd?

That's Patsy, Cars and Cows. Though in recent years the younger generation were involved.

awful pity, toyota was always a car that sold itself didnt need a salesperson, they thrived on that and got a bit too big for their boots, 2 massive showrooms built, that must have cost a bomb

Tractor finally back on the road. THANK GOD. was lost without it this past week :)

Have a couple of carbon fibre (i presume) liquid fert tanks that go to 45m3 or 45k/lts? supplied by the company though so not sure of price... Would take water though!
    Also 2 20k/lt black plastic tanks for water for sprayer. Will look up the brand if you want, though being in Uk wouldn't be sure of availibility i suppose. Probably cheaper than from Nz and atleast!! :D Have clarified can get large tanks in Western Europe if thats any help :o:o:pac:

Yea let me know make please, no harm checking it out.

http://www.donedeal.co.uk/otherfarming-for-sale/water-storage-tank/5986008

http://www.donedeal.co.uk/otherfarming-for-sale/55000-liter-tank/7191256

or you could get a few ibc tanks, if you had 10 of them that would be 11000 litres, and the ibc tanks are only 30-50 euro a piece, easier to transport too !!!

That 55000 could be interesting thanks, as for the it's thought of that but id need twenty! Seem to be a very cheap way of doing it though.

See i want to be able to suck out of this tank with a slurry tanker so ibc's might be a bit fiddly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭mayota

Muckit wrote: »

Nice DX there.

mike_ie wrote: »
    Might be worth dropping an email to EPS if you're looking for a tank that size... I know that they supply most of the water treatment plants in the country with tanks of all shapes and sizes... Can't say I've ever bought one so I wouldn't have a clue about pricing, but we have a few of them around the farm that we picked up because treatment plants were being upgraded, and they are certainly built to last...

Where did you pick them up second hand? That would be perfect! Thanks ill check them out.

Just watching jurassic park here. Had to believe it's 21 years old at this stage. I'm getting old :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Where did you pick them up second hand? That would be perfect! Thanks ill check them out.

Didn't pick them up secondhand unfortunately, got them through work. Was asked to dispose of them during an overhaul, so I disposed of two of them behind the hay shed at home ;-)

Still might be worth calling the though to get an idea of the kind of money you're talking about over here.

Jaysus sake. I've just being informed GrandSoftDay has left the building. Another comrade and good poster gone. Damn it :(

I left my bedroom window open and now there's loads of Daddy Long Legs' bouncing around off the walls.
    I hate those creepy, buzzy, leggy, bumbling things.

I left my bedroom window open and now there's loads of Daddy Long Legs' bouncing around off the walls.

Just imagine them on your face when your fast asleep :D

Reggie. wrote: »
    Just imagine them on your face when your fast asleep :D

A thesaurus doesn't even contain enough insulting words that I want to call you right now.

A thesaurus doesn't even contain enough insulting words that I want to call you right now.

But just imagine......... :D

• Advertisement

I never minded the Cranefly, but the Devil's Coach-Horse always sorta freaked me out. Under the bottom bales in stacks of hay they used to hang out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement