Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming ChitChat Ploughs On To Five

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

if I told ye id be bombarded with texts and calls! had a lad from cavan "I'm comin straight away" - he rang me at 8pm last night!

He then realised that he would be using his diesel so decided then to take off on foot....give him a chance :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭onyerbikepat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,307 ✭✭✭tanko

I wouldn't mind a few of them around the place.

Are you going to break open the piggy bank pat?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭onyerbikepat

tanko wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind a few of them around the place.

Are you going to break open the piggy bank pat?:D

More enjoyment in breeding your own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,981 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Reggie. wrote: »
    089?
    089 is tesco mobile

whelan2 wrote: »
    089 is tesco mobile

Ah....i don't get out much :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Stocking my spinster island :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,228 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Kovu wrote: »
    Stocking my spinster island :D

Careful Reggie, Rumour has it, those Pussy Paws, hide Karate Claws :D

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Careful Reggie, Rumour has it, those Pussy Paws, hide Karate Claws :D

5.56 will sort that out ;)

5.56 will sort that out ;)

Are you allowed bring your work home with you? :D:D

kung_fu_cat.jpeg%3Fw%3D480%26h%3D360

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Are you allowed bring your work home with you? :D:D

Official or unofficial answer ;)

It's near the mart. :D

Uhm, it's ok but they destroyed it during the boom by building a lot of houses on the mohill side. You'd definitely get some nice properties in the area for less than that. A lot aren't advertised either, just signs up or word of mouth.
    Just seen the land bit now. Wouldn't be bad pricing there.

Uhm, it's ok but they destroyed it during the boom by building a lot of houses on the mohill side. You'd definitely get some nice properties in the area for less than that. A lot aren't advertised either, just signs up or word of mouth.

How much land is that. Can't really make it out on phone

Cant afford land in Kildare :( is it the edgeworthstown side of mohill?? i.e. closer to dublin??

• Advertisement

How much land is that. Can't really make it out on phone

21 acres. Be good land over there too. Seems to be just down the road from the mart. You could go for a spin and a nose on Saturday and tip into the mart on the way :D

Cant afford land in Kildare :( is it the edgeworthstown side of mohill?? i.e. closer to dublin??

Between Mohill & Cavan. Sorta going arseways down the country rather than across to Dublin.

21 acres. Be good land over there too. Seems to be just down the road from the mart. You could go for a spin and a nose on Saturday and tip into the mart on the way :D

Have to work Saturday :(

Have to work Saturday :(

Awwwww, pity about ya. :p

i emailed the agent about it so will see what they come back with. How long would it take me to dublin kovu??

You see some of us get up before midday on a saturday :P

• Advertisement

i emailed the agent about it so will see what they come back with. How long would it take me to dublin kovu??

From Carrigallen? About two hours, going through Cavan. Road to Cavan is shocking though. Not a bad road but you're not turning left til you're turning right. You'd almost be as well going through Arvagh as the road is better.
    You see some of us get up before midday on a saturday :P

I'll actually be in Dublin. Shall I drop in for tea? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭mayota

From Carrigallen? About two hours, going through Cavan. Road to Cavan is shocking though. Not a bad road but you're not turning left til you're turning right. You'd almost be as well going through Arvagh as the road is better.

Would it not be quicker up the N4.

I'll actually be in Dublin. Shall I drop in for tea? :D

Not sure if that would be a good idea :pac:

As far as I know, the Google maps pointer is in the wrong place. Kovu, is that not the house opposite the mart canteen windows?. Was up for sale two years ago in one of the first Allsops auctions, withdrawn on morning of sale. As far as I remember there is a right of way in the front lane and through the yard....

mayota wrote: »

Would it not be quicker up the N4.

Ya that's the one I mean, aiming for Ballinalee to get onto it.

• Advertisement

As far as I know, the Google maps pointer is in the wrong place. Kovu, is that not the house opposite the mart canteen windows?. Was up for sale two years ago in one of the first Allsops auctions, withdrawn on morning of sale. As far as I remember there is a right of way in the front lane and through the yard....

Yea I figured it was in the wrong place but I don't know the house! Is it right next to the mart?

Yea I figured it was in the wrong place but I don't know the house! Is it right next to the mart?

It's directly opposite the boundary hedge of the mart, where the lorries back in to the ramp to unload bullocks etc. On the riad to Druncoura City. There is a fair sized stream there that marks the boundary and goes under the road just there, then forms the left hand boundary shown on that map at the entry from the road. It then runs round right close behind the wee house (septic tank me arse) .

That house would be great fun on mart days so!

Your post reminds me though, I've a free riding lesson at Drumcoura to use up :)

That house would be great fun on mart days so!

Your post reminds me though, I've a free riding lesson at Drumcoura to use up :)

Is drumcours some sort of nightclub

Is drumcours some sort of nightclub

HA! Western riding stables.

HA! Western riding stables.

;) yeah.....

You can learn to ride a Western pony, and lasso weanlins. If you can't master lassoing the live ones, they had a wooden saw-horse type thing to practice on :)

Then in for Chilli and beers.....

Someone should start a nighclub there though, you could lasso a young wain and then feck off to the hay barn :D

Someone should start a nighclub there though, you could lasso a young wain and then feck off to the hay barn :D

Or hit the sin ridden flesh pots of Ballinamore.......

Or hit the sin ridden flesh pots of Ballinamore.......

You don't know fun until you scale the wall at the back of Freddies during the festival :D

• Advertisement

Last time I was there, Bobby Jo's was still open. Used to deliver veg to the emigrants in the hostel on the main street. They were hoors for the aubergines. .....
    Imagine you escape grinding poverty in a fly ridden central African country , risk your life in a container to Waterford, and they stick you in McAllisters in B'more. It's a cruel cruel world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭limo_100

It must be wet land at that price, I always thought if i had abit of money but abit of land in leitrim and plant for the payments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Last time I was there, Bobby Jo's was still open. Used to deliver veg to the emigrants in the hostel on the main street. They were hoors for the aubergines. .....
    Imagine you escape grinding poverty in a fly ridden central African country , risk your life in a container to Waterford, and they stick you in McAllisters in B'more. It's a cruel cruel world.

They tried that here with an old hotel beside me and even the asylum seekers wouldn't stay in it , they all left after a few weeks :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

I've asked this before but I'm still confused.
    there was a few calves born and they have been tagged and the cards completed.

I completed the herd logbook.
    I've sent the DNA sample to Enfer in Naas, and they texted back the results were all ok.

The cards have to go to Cork, along with the cows hair sample. is this all I have to send to cork (Ballincollig)

thanks

I've asked this before but I'm still confused.
    there was a few calves born and they have been tagged and the cards completed.

I completed the herd logbook.
    I've sent the DNA sample to Enfer in Naas, and they texted back the results were all ok.

The cards have to go to Cork, along with the cows hair sample. is this all I have to send to cork (Ballincollig)

thanks
    why do the cards and hair samples have to be sent off? if you got the bvd results and the blue cards that would be all i would be waiting for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Went to see the wedding ringer in the cinema last night.
    If your looking to get away from the farm / house for a few hrs definitely go see it.

Funniest film I've seen in a long long time

what do ye think of the land league blocking the repossession of Brian o Donnells house over a 70 million debt, 70 million is hell of alot of money in my eyes. Lovely house they have.

what do ye think of the land league blocking the repossession of Brian o Donnells house over a 70 million debt, 70 million is hell of alot of money in my eyes. Lovely house they have.

id be questioning the bank as well as the house occupiers...
    why were they lent so much money, they were a huge risk to the bank.

move them onto a semi d somewhere and sell the house.

I'm speculating here, I think the and league have no legal standing, so they will be pushed aside for making noise.

why do the cards and hair samples have to be sent off? if you got the bvd results and the blue cards that would be all i would be waiting for

I don't have blue cards yet. i've the blanks that came with the tags.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

They owe closer to 1 billion, i think, and that house is one of a number they 'own'.

I don't agree with the 'new' Land League getting involved in this.

Fine if it was their only house, a 3-4 bedroomed semi-d in commuterville.

But they are broke, borrowed millions to build up a property empire that collapsed due to the huge level of debt and now wish to live in an exclusive enclave while we pick up the tab for their reckless pursuit of riches.

It's mad, Ted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement